Yuna Kim | Page 312 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I just read a tweet about Adam Rippon new book that said he used to date Kim Yuna. :eeking:

I saw this too and sounded to me like bait for people to buy his book. a marketing ploy.
and after his take on the eunsoo/mariah issue, i just think less of him

Briananing

On the Ice
Hello guys, just want to ask. At start of the 2011-2012 season, yuna announced that she would go back to skate, but she didnt get any invitation for any gp events. Why didnt she use the come-back clause ?

angie2018

Rinkside
Sochi was a crime. I still don't get how Ad got level 4 on step sequence and miraculous pcs boost. Even if she did extra triple jump and higher base value than Yuna they were of downgrade quality, it still wouldn't be enough to get gold.

SkatingWithEdges

Rinkside
Very interested why official Olympics channel didn't upload this version (with two commentator same as Yuna Adios Nonino)

https://youtu.be/WrKX4wViJoA

They're very compliments on Yuna unlike their comments in Yuna Adios Nonino , they look flip side in the free program (shame on the male commentator)

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Very interested why official Olympics channel didn't upload this version (with two commentator same as Yuna Adios Nonino)

https://youtu.be/WrKX4wViJoA

They're very compliments on Yuna unlike their comments in Yuna Adios Nonino , they look flip side in the free program (shame on the male commentator)

I guess they are still defending the results.
I don't watch A.N. on the Olympic Chanel often because of the commentators. They were really annoying and sounded unenthusiastic all through out. I guess they also knew what was going on and couldn't voice out much because of the stakes.

SkatingWithEdges

Rinkside
I guess they are still defending the results.
I don't watch A.N. on the Olympic Chanel often because of the commentators. They were really annoying and sounded unenthusiastic all through out. I guess they also knew what was going on and couldn't voice out much because of the stakes.

Female commentator is grear , she said valuable about Yuna like she compliment yuna skating skills , she said "The Queen" at the ending , she thinks Yuna will won PCS and she thinks yuna can close TES because of GOE

But Chris (male commentator) sound terrible !! He said very negative since the ending like "Techniqecally i don't think its was a match to Sotnikova" , "She need a score 149.68 but this performance is nowhere near as good as that (not near 2010 free)"

While CBC channel commrntators was great Kurt , Carol , Brenda
Brenda say after yuna ending " This women has no equal " , "The Queen Yuna do it onecs again"

Carol say " Absolute Tour De Force of women skatings"

alvaro808

Spectator
Aloha Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself to all of you who are still following Yuna Kim on this Forum.

-----------------------------

I first became a fan of Yuna Kim back in March 2018 just after the Pyeonchang Games ended. I first remember learning about Yuna back in 2014 during the Sochi Olympics, but did not really start following her until 2018 when I began learning about her incredible career as a figure skater.

But there is a very special reason why I have become a devoted fan of Yuna Kim, and it has do with what was happening during the lead-up to the Pyeonchang Games. It was one of the scariest times that I remember living through because, at the time, I felt - and I still believe this to this day - that the United States was very close to going to War on North Korea. In the Autumn of 2017, I witnessed some of the most intensive language being exchanged between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, and while this sort of thing has been going on for many years, along with the North Korean nuclear and ballistic missile tests, their particular exchanges were both very personal, and in my opinion, very alarming.

At the same time, a report was leaked about a North Korean plan to attack my home island of Guam with their nuclear missiles, should the US declare War. I remember how so many local residents over there were literally going to Church to pray for Peace. Everyone on Guam at the time, including members of my own family, were preparing ourselves for the possibility of nuclear conflict, and while, like Yuna and everyone in South Korea, we have long lived under that threat, in late 2017, those dangers felt real in a way that I never imagined it would become.

And finally, in early January of 2018 in Hawai'i (where I currently live), we went through a "false alarm" involving a North Korean ballistic missile alert. People at the time were so scared because of the news and the threats and because at the beginning of every month, we were doing nuclear missile siren drills to prepare for what many were seriously thinking could be a potential North Korean missile attack. When people in Hawai'i got the false alert on their phones, they were literally fleeing into old Cold War underground bunkers, jumping into sewer drains, and even even jumping into their bathtubs with their families!

It took nearly thirty minutes for officials to tell everyone that it was a false alarm.

And for so many in Hawai'i, it was the scariest thirty minutes of their lives. They were afraid that they were going to die.

So in short, folks, it was a very scary time for many of us living in Hawai'i and Guam. There were many of us who were sincerely afraid that North Korea would launch their missiles against our homes. And I was one of those people.

----------------------

And then in early February of 2018, I tuned into the Pyeonchang Opening Ceremony, and saw one of the most beautiful Ceremonies that I have ever seen in all the years that I have been following the Olympic Games! And then I began learning about all of Yuna Kim's efforts to promote Peace through the Pyeonchang Games. And then I saw how the Games gave the North Koreans an opportunity to reach out to the United States and South Korea and begin negotiations. And then I began to see some of the results of those efforts.

Today unfortunately, tensions remain elevated between the US, North Korea, and South Korea. I am still concerned that things could go back to the way they were during that awful and scary time in late 2017. But no matter what may happen, I will always be grateful to Yuna Kim for all of her brave and noble efforts to promote Peace through the Olympic Movement. Because I sincerely believe that those efforts saved millions of lives...

...including mine and my family.

--------------------------------

After all of this happened, I began learning more about Yuna Kim and her amazing story as a figure skater. And the more I learned about Yuna, the more I began to fall in love with her.

And my life has not been the same ever since.

Yuna has inspired me to be more open with others, to reach out to people and share my knowledge and Aloha. And while I may not have the same level of courage that she seems to possess, I will always be grateful to Yuna for how she has inspired me to be a better person, both online and in my real life. Yuna has inspired me in a very deep and personal way, and falling in love with her has become one of the happiest and most meaningful experiences of my entire life!

-------------------------
Okay, I know all of this sounds a bit crazy, and to be honest, it is. And confessing this much online comes with a certain level of risk, especially in a new and unfamiliar place. But I decided to take a risk here, to take a "leap of faith."

I don't know if Yuna will ever learn any of this. But one day, I would love to meet her and to thank her in person for all that she has done, both to promote Peace, and to inspire so many with her strength and courage.

Yuna has become more than just a figure skater. She has become a Peacemaker and a beautiful symbol for hope in our troubled and divided world.

I hope that Yuna is doing well and is enjoying her retirement. She deserves to live a happy and beautiful life. And I hope all of you are also.

God Bless and Happy Aloha Sunday.

:) :pray:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Bit random, but thought this is cute. What a moment for Korea and Asia cinema in general this weekend.

Today, creativity, originality, authenticity, artistry are rewarded, as they should! One of my favs since memories of murder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51462257

Congrats Director Bong Joon-ho hope you get to greet with your fantasy dinner guests.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Did anyone manage to catch The King Eternal Monach on Netflix? Very funny... you will know what I mean. Go.. watch!

Recent Philip Hersh article on the 10th anniversary of YuNa's Olympic win. E-mail interview with YuNa is included.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2020/02/25/yuna-kim-vancouver-2010/

That was truly one of the most magnificent sporting and artistic moments in the history of the Olympics. Arts and Sports, the alchemy is inseparable for me.

What I realized at that point, without knowing a clue of who she is, is marveling (and wept) at witnessing the peak of human potential. How talent and hard work can rise to the occasion against adversity, breaks down cultural, social and political barriers in a human judged sport that has historically been very political.

No wonder she inspired and reinvigorated her country so much... and its subsequent knock-on effect that had been paralleled with the rapid transformation and elevation of S.Korea on the global stage makes it even more astounding. It even brought Olympic to her country, and North Korea to the world stage for a brief celebratory moment of peace and solidarity that seals her legacy.

Life's little miracles that is Yuna Kim.