Figure skating association game | Page 254 | Golden Skate

Figure skating association game

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Makes me think of my most unforgettable ice show experience ever—

Torvill & Dean skating Bolero, circa 1990.

What’s yours, everybody?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The whole Tribute show - The Golden Age of US Figure Skating - Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ December 2010

Stars on Ice - Fun & Games -group program 1998

Stars on Ice - 1994 small group program that was a tribute to the 10 anniversary of the 1984 Sarajevo Games - Elton John's Funeral for a Friend/In My Life - with Roz Sumners, Kitty & Peter Carruthers, Brian Orser, Scott Hamilton

LadyB

Record Breaker
Never been to an ice show as such, so I say most memorable performance of a gala that I saw live:

Stolbova/Klimov, Don't Stop The Rain, Euros 2018 - unbeknown to me at the time their last ever performance :cry:

Piper & Paul, Vincent, Rostelecom 2019

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Most memorable performance I saw live has to be a tie:

Ashley Wagner "Moulin Rouge" Nationals 2015

Kayne/O'Shea "Music of the Night" duet Streisand/Crawford, Nationals 2016

Savchenko/Massot "La terre vue du ciel" Skate America 2017

Adam Rippon "Arrival of the Birds" Skate America 2017

Nathan Chen "Land of All" Nationals 2019

Cain/Leduc "W.E." Nationals 2019

Manta/Johnson "Sweet Dreams" Nationals 2019

Chock/Bates "Elvis" Nationals 2019

Okay -- I got carried away, but I'm sure I missed quite a few even so! :hap93: Anyway, the next person who responds has a lot of directions to choose from!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Performances we saw live!

Javi Fernandez - Guys & Dolls - 2016 Worlds

Shen & Zhao - Turandot -2003 Worlds

Seven Sisters

Medalist
What’s the last skating competition you saw live and in person?
For me, JGP Lake Placid, a year ago—though it seems like a century ago :) My favorites were Canada’s Makita/Gunara (my only standing ovation!), and young Joseph Klein of the US.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last competition we saw live - 2020 US National in Greensboro, NC! :luv17:

Our most recent live competition would have been 2020 Worlds in Montreal, Canada. :cry:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I was planning to go to Test Skates this year and of course to my beloved Rostelekom.
None of this will happen due to corona and family reasons. :sad21:

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
The last competition I saw live was the Grand Prix Final in Torino, when my lifelong dream of seeing Yuzu came true :hap93: Ah those were the days...

Now I'm suffering cause for the first year I won't be able to go to Lombardia Trophy :sad21:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The last competition I saw live was the Grand Prix Final in Torino, when my lifelong dream of seeing Yuzu came true :hap93: Ah those were the days...

Now I'm suffering cause for the first year I won't be able to go to Lombardia Trophy :sad21:

:cry: :ghug:

My, how this has become a wistful thread!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
:cry: :ghug:

My, how this has become a wistful thread!

Here’s a question for everyone. When you are feeling a bit wistful, what is your go-to favorite program on YouTube?

Mine: Shen & Zhao Turandot from 2003 Worlds (the version without the annoying commentary.) Just glorious.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching Todd E. skate to "First Knight" @ 1996 Worlds! I really tear up when they show the clip of him putting his gold medal on his mom, too! :luv17: :biggrin:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any program of Satoko Miyahara, she never fails to blow my heart and soul

Oh, I :luv17: Satoko! She won my heart from the first time she skated to Mozart's "The Magic Flute!" My current favorite Japanese & international lady! So thrilled that we saw her compete @ 2017 Skate America in Lake Placid, NY & win! :love: :cheer: