Canadians schedule change for CTV | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Canadians schedule change for CTV

callalily

On the Ice
2 days ago Skate Canada released 275 rink side seats for sale. (hmm...perhaps an empty reserved VIP section that nobody showed up for?)
http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/1408/language/en-US/Default.aspx
And you can clearly see on the live streaming video that nobody but people involved with the event has turned up to watch Junior Canadians. It's empty.
It's kind of sad to see a Canadian skating event with that turnout.

I agree, it's sad, but Moncton in January is a very tough sell.

Far from major population centres, the city is not a tourist draw, plus we recently had attractive events in Toronto (SC) and Quebec City to draw the serious fans who are willing to fly in to competitions. Very low attendance is to be expected.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I'll be OK with it if they can get it right..but I absolutely DETEST the split in the actual events..and being left in limbo as to whether we'll get to see anything other than the last flights in 3 out of 4 disciplines for the free programs.. Yet the men's competition is all-in-one.

I think by now they might have come to a decision re livestreaming ,or if they're planning to sandwich those events in somehow, they could have made some announcements.

Right now , I say a pox on both their houses , CTV and Skate Canada ! I hope they realize this is a dismal failure with the fans, and shape up for the next time.

Last edited:

katia

On the Ice
I think by now they might have come to a decision re livestreaming ,or if they're planning to sandwich those events in somehow, they could have made some announcements.
I think there would be no live streaming. What's more, it seems there would be no repeating of free dance - no streaming live or streaming on the internet at all . And I am absolutely livid.!!!

Right now , I say a pox on both their houses , CTV and Skate Canada ! I hope they realize this is a dismal failure with the fans, and shape up for the next time.
Right.They are idiots.:mad:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This broadcast rights agreement is a ten year deal according to this Skate Buzz article :mad::

CTV, TSN hit the ice with live coverage of the Canadian Figure Skating Championships

Last year a 10-year rights agreement was announced, making Bell Media’s CTV, TSN and RDS the official broadcasters of Skate Canada domestic events beginning with the 2011-12 season. As part of the agreement, CTV, TSN and RDS acquired exclusive multimedia rights to Skate Canada’s premier domestic events including SKATE CANADA INTERNATONAL and the CANADIAN FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

CTV and TSN’s 2012 CANADIAN FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS broadcast schedule is as follows*:

• Friday, Jan. 20 – Women’s and Pair Event Short Programs at 2 p.m. ET on TSN
• Friday, Jan. 20 – Ice Dance Short Dance at 7 p.m. ET on TSN
• Saturday, Jan. 21 – Men’s Short Program at 2 p.m. ET on TSN
• Saturday, Jan. 21 – Men’s Short and Women’s Free Programs at 4 p.m. ET on CTV†
• Saturday, Jan. 21 – Ice Dance and Pair Event Free Programs at 7 p.m. ET on CTV†
• Sunday, Jan. 22 – Men’s Free Program at 3:30 p.m. ET on TSN
• Saturday, Jan. 28 – Exhibition Gala at 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN

Junior Ice Dance is on live:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/canad...6-ff7b-415d-b63c-8e709f30a54f&medium=10157565

Last edited:

katia

On the Ice
It may mean that for 10 years there will be no streaming coverage of Canadian Nationals.
I think skate Canada is out of their f*c*ing minds if they think skating will be more popular.
What more if they sell right to Canadian NATIONALS they should do a tender. Did they do it? I am sure that perhaps other TV (say SUN TV) would pay not only better but get a better coverage.

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:mad: Anyway you slice that schedule.. on Saturday there are 8 hrs of skating plus another hour or more in Victory ceremonies in the arena ..and between TSN and CTV, 6hrs. of coverage... and you know there will be fluff...and Rod Black...I hope we get to see the last 2 flights at least.... It's been @#!%X! confusing trying to figure it out.

Making matters worse for me on the west coast , my cable on-screen guide shows different times than those on the SC site.... and SC still shows TBD for Saturday live steaming , while skatebuzz does not.

Oh well..I'd better get up early for the dance practice...:unsure:

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Does someone know if they will be a live stream for the Senior Women Short Program ?

If yes, can someone give me the website link to the live stream :)

lcd

Match Penalty
Good continuous access to Nationals CTV performances. NBC should take note. Also, not geoblocked at THIS point (meaning not live) is also considerate. I mean, why not?