Daisuke Takahashi | Page 193 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

deedee1

Record Breaker
From the show and rehearsals.
https://youtu.be/yYBgjg66Jz0

Thanks A LOT for your fabulous report and the links, mikeko-san! :thank:

The best part for me is probably 1:55-2:25 and 2:58-3:15: on DAY 1 of the training camp all the cast and staff got together, Daisuke looked soooo embarassed while reading the scripts for the very first time and confessing to his first love Fujitsubo. Look how red he is; ALL red his face, neck, even ears! THAT is natural Dai-chan off ice we all knew; a shy, introvert, down-to-earth boy. :biggrin: Then, during the actual performances around 3:00, he does not hesitate at all telling the words of passionate love with so much emotions. When he said, 'I want you...', I know he's saying it to Fujitsubo but he makes me feel as if he were saying it to me :eek::, Am only watching it thru YTube though of course! :laugh: And those singing! Wow, Dai is a true performer, simply born to perform. Is there anything he can't do, we'd wonder?!

Here's an in-depth report by a professional writer. https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190729-00066161-gendaibiz-ent&p=1
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190729-00066161-gendaibiz-ent&p=2 https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190729-00066161-gendaibiz-ent&p=3 https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190729-00066161-gendaibiz-ent&p=4

The writer watched Hyoen2017, too. Just like us his fans, in 2017 she was pleasantly surprised by skaters' performances and acting, fascinated by his dancing on the floor in particular:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQscflFLPFc
She also was blown away by this Hyoen2019 like us. A very long report 4 pages in Japanese language I thoroughly enjoyed.

Some interesting notes that took my eye.

彼は少年、青年、大人になるに従い、滑りと声色まで変えていたように思う。
優しい声、切ない声、苦悶や怒りと演技も表現豊かだった。

"Daisuke seems to change his skating, even his voice, as he's growing up as Hikaru; from a boy, to a young man, then a fully grown up man. A sweet voice, longing voice, voice in agony, or in fury, his acting was full of expressiveness as well as his skating." :luv17:

関係者によると、当初は歌は収録しようという話だった。
しかし高橋さんがどんどん歌がうまくなり、生で歌うことに変更になったのだ。

"One of Hyoen staff confirmed me that in their initial/original scripts/plan, they thought about recording Dai singing (in the studio) beforehand, then will output them in the arena during the actual performances. However, Dai was able to sing better and better upon each singing lessons, they eventually changed the initial plan and let him sing live."

He must have practiced A LOT, not only with his voice trainer but all by himself when alone at night. :yes:

腹をくくった高橋さんが爆発的な力を発揮することを、ファンは何度も見てきている。
この歌はまさに「爆発的」だった。

"His fans witnessed many times when Daisuke was in the 'do-or-die' mindset/'his-tail-on-fire' at competitions, his performance could only be expressed as EXPLOSIVE. His final song at this Hyoen was such an explosive, shrieking one."

Kudos to all the cast and staff for such FABULOUS SHOW! :rock: Can't wait to see irt on TV on Sep 1.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
^ I love your post (and your new avatar :luv17:). Thank you so much, deedee! :)

Daisuke belongs on a stage and I'm happy that after losing confidence in himself and after some trials and tribulations he realized it too. Maybe he isn't cut out for commentating (however, I'd say he's a much better interviewer than he gives himself credit for), but just like you said: he was born to perform. And with each challenge he squarely took on his performance was enriched by a newly acquired skill.

He was an equally beautiful and versatile dancer in Love on the floor, who held his own among the pros, a phenomenal Yoshitsune, portraying a range of emotions through skating, kabuki style movement and floor dance in Hyoen 2017 and now with Hyoen 2019 he has reached a new level once again as a remarkable actor and singer. Reading all those reports about his performance and watching the snippets from the show, it seems that he became Genji with every fibre of his being. I remember how fiercly he once rejected the suggestion he should try acting (in a movie), because he thought he'd be no good at speaking lines. Expressing emotions with his body – it's always been clear that's his gift – but just look at him now: it's like he has been an accomplished stage actor all his life. I wouldn't even say it feels like it is what he was trained to do, because it seemingly comes so naturally to him. And he accomplished this whilst also being a figure skater aiming to compete at the highest level this season. :cool:

Fingers crossed the latter works out too for him! (Even if he has nothing to prove anymore, because he already achieved nearly everything there is to achieve in his sport. But I don't think that's his intention anyway.)

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Here's another great review from Number Bunshun that describes the key scenes. (https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/840261) Awkward google translation of a few excerpts, but the gist is still there:

The stage “Hyoen2019-like the moonlight”, starring Daisuke Takahashi, was held from July 26th to 28th, and received a great response. The skater has a live song with words, and the actor wears skates and plays the sword. It was a stage that could be said to be the birth of a new art that cannot be compared with any ice show.

The previous work "Hyoen 2017 Basara" was a collaboration of skating and Kabuki, and it was an art that blended two charms.

This time, as directed by Amon Miyamoto's “different martial arts entertainment”, the focus is not on skating. It is a stage that cannot be explained in a single word, with various elements such as musicals, theatre, skating, projection mapping, Japanese drums, and beautiful costumes.

[...]

Furthermore, unforeseeable events are developed one after another in the story, and it is drawn like a Korean drama. The 150-minute stage was so fast that when it was over, it was a very stimulating entertainment that made me want to see it again!

’Of course, Daisuke Takahashi, who plays the source of light, is the biggest contributor to the success of this complex stage. Takahashi himself greatly expanded the field of expressiveness through this stage.

Originally acting Takahashi, if it is a normal skating program, it plays one role in one program. In short competition time of 2 minutes 40 seconds or 4 minutes, it is not possible to tell a long story. However, this time, through a long story of 150 minutes, he played a change in the mind of Mr. Light Source who grew from child to adult.

The first love scene in my life.

In a scene where you go hunting with your half-brother, Stephane Lambiel, when you are young, you look like a boy. The appearance of two people competing each other for eagle and ballet jumping was reminiscent of when they were jumping in their twenties.

And the first love scene with Ayaka Hirahara. “Only you can save me!” I went into the bed of Fujisaki who played Hirahara and hugged me. With a gloomy look, the boy expresses the insatiable feeling of falling in love with an older woman. Here he showed his acting ability as an actor.

The next love scene is a dance on the ice with purple (Yulia Lipnitskaya). The two slide while approaching, leaving, and flexing on the ice. Gently lead Lipnitskaya that slides in the Y-shaped spiral, kisses and hugs it. It was a slip that created masculinity to protect the cute purple that I grew up.

Next, sword fighting with the imperial soldiers chasing purple. Because it is not on ice but on a ship, it should be difficult to move while wearing skate shoes. Here, he played a powerful figure of Genji, a warrior.

"Everyone I loved will leave"

Furthermore, Genji, who has settled in Akashi, aims to become a city with pirates. Let's wake up the Suzaku emperor who lays a bad affair in the accord of Hiroki-dono, and let's get back on purple. The scene that stood up with such a mission sang along with the pirate Matsuura (Rei Yuki) and showed a talent as a musical singer.

The climax shows a wider variety of talents. When the top of Purple, who has swallowed himself a poison cup, runs out of breath, he entrusts the suffering to the singing voice.

"Everyone I love will go away. I will leave without being happy. I can't make anyone happy. This is why I was born and why I live in this world. Tell me, is this my rule?"

Invite the tears of the audience with a singing voice.

Long solo singing lonely destiny and mourning the loved women. The singing voice was so sad that the live song was not the first time, and invited the audience to tears.

Following the singing voice, skating dance that explodes sadness. He showed a violent yet beautiful skate as if he were destined to do so. It was a skate that brought out such a solitary beauty that I wanted to make this season's program.

I think Takahashi's turn is over, but the last stop is wire action. Appears from the moon as an illusion to Fujimi who thinks of the late Genji. I hold the back of Fujimi and fly again into the light of the moon. Although it was acting as a “phantom” with no words and no major movements, it produced a wonderful feeling for Fujisaki with just the angle of the fingertips and the expression of the eyes.

Three beats of singing, dancing and jumping. There is no doubt that he has stepped into a new area as a body expresser, not as a skater Takahashi.

[...]

Lipnitskaya is a shy personality ...

Yulia Lipnitskaya also took the precious stage of her second ice show. '14 The Sochi Olympics group won the gold medal at the youngest age of 15 but retired in '17. After that, she was away from skating, but has just returned to ice as a coach since last year. The candlespin, which can be said to be synonymous, and lifts the feet to the top, was alive and well.

She was originally a shy character, but after receiving this offer, she studied the making of roles, such as reading literature on the Tale of Genji in Russian.

“Sometimes it is difficult to play Japanese women, but the answer is no. It is good to try different countries and culture styles as a skater, and to express Japanese traditional culture to yourself. I didn't feel uncomfortable with it. "

Wearing a pink kimono and transforming into a pretty girl. Although it was wearing a black wig in the previously announced photo, the performance appeared with long blond hair. This looks strange and natural, like a Heian era girl.

”Takahashi also said,“ I think her translucent beauty is reflected in her youth on purple and mysterious charm. ”

A new comprehensive art was born.

Other than that, Stephane Lambiel, who played Suzaku Emperor, was just the right player, and his nobleman-like appearance created the elegant atmosphere of the Heian period.

Actors such as Seiji Fukushi and Kazuki Namioka are specially trained in skating and show off their wonderful dress on the ice. Tokushima Nishioka also appeared in skates at curtain calls. Genji, Suzaku, and child skaters who played childhood on purple were really cute and indispensable.

A new integrated art that was born from the union of all staff including skaters, actors, and art.

Takahashi says, “I want to create a place where skaters can play an active role outside the competition, like this time, and an environment where I can express as an expressor.”

“The shows on three days made me feel that there are still infinite possibilities."

mikeko666

Final Flight
Dai announced his SP for this season.
https://d1sk.com/info#1948

Music: The Phoenix (by The Fall Out Boy)
Choreographers: Sheryl Murakami, Yuko Kai, Misha Ge

Sheryl Murakami is a Japanese American choreographer who has worked with Beyonce and Lady Gaga.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Uuuh, the song is honestly not my cup of tea at all (mainly because of its mainstream production), but I'm gonna reserve judgement until I've seen the program. At least it's uptempo and promises a dancey choreo.

Sheryl Murakami is a Japanese American choreographer who has worked with Beyonce.

If I'm not mistaken, Dai took dance lessons from Sheryl in NY before, didn't he?

mikeko666

Final Flight
Uuuh, the song is honestly not my cup of tea at all (mostly because of its mainstream production), but I'm gonna reserve judgement until I've seen the program. At least it's upbeat and promises a dancey choreo.

If I'm not mistaken, Dai took dance lessons from Sheryl in NY before, didn't he?

I think it was Jermaine Browne whom Dai took lessons from and who collaborated with Morozov on the hip hop SP.

It looks like he saw Sheryl in the same studio in NYC though, when he accidentally joined a wrong class. He has told it about in a TV program.

https://twitter.com/figure03171/status/1161488251460476929

He only remembered her last name Murakami, and the TV crew identified and located her.

Yeah, the song is too mainstream for my taste too. :biggrin: But I think it is going to be an interesting program, and look forward to seeing in Friends on Ice later this month.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Thank you for the correction, mikeko! :) I just remembered him talking about her before and demonstrating the "cat choreography" (which I assumed to be hers) in the same talkshow you posted the clip of, so I mistakenly thought he had attended her classes.

Daisuke with his choreo team:
https://twitter.com/apparitionD1sky/status/1161488596341350400

And a translation of his message on his official website (thank you, meowmix!):
https://twitter.com/mid19c/status/1161498224781402112

Maybe this is related to his new SP? Daisuke is taking stretching lessons to increase his flexibility:
https://twitter.com/ir_takumi/status/1160828154291748865

We know that's an aspect he has always struggled with. ;)
https://twitter.com/pLAyBaCk8376D/status/1160865876402302976

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Listening to Dai's SP music for the first time and I think this could be a real crowd pleasing SP with lots of energy :biggrin: (Though, when has a crowd not been pleased to see him?)

Danibellerika

Medalist
Dai announced his SP for this season.
https://d1sk.com/info#1948

Music: The Phoenix (by The Fall Out Boy)
Choreographers: Sheryl Murakami, Yuko Kai, Misha Ge

Sheryl Murakami is a Japanese American choreographer who has worked with Beyonce and Lady Gaga.

Love the song. It's one of my workout playlist regulars for years now. But the tempo seems relentless for actual skating and I can say I have never once pictured someone skating to it. Should be interesting I guess? Meanwhile, all that pretty Final Fantasy music that SCREAMS skating and yet nobody whom I like will touch it with a 10-foot pole. Honestly if he was going to go with Fall Out Boy there was another more skating friendly track on that album, "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)" https://youtu.be/LkIWmsP3c_s, and it was a bigger hit.

Imov

Medalist
Dai has a very interesting choice and his approach will most likely be very modern.
Can't wait to see it.
Is he joining any challenger competitions?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The Phoenix might be Daisuke's version of The Firebird. :laugh: It's fast - but doable, I mean we're talking Daisuke Takahashi here, if anyone can do this it's him!

deedee1

Record Breaker
From Misha Ge's Instagram, The Phoenix”
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Jb223JzyX/

:luv17::luv17::luv17:

Dai has a very interesting choice and his approach will most likely be very modern.
Can't wait to see it.
Is he joining any challenger competitions?

No announcement from him yet, as far as I know. He was fully occupied for Hyoen till end of July, SP choreo in early August, then has to parepare for another ice shows 'Friends on Ice' till end August; no time for summer/early autumn competitions. Very probable guess, or big hope ;) by many of his fans is he may show up at Japan Open.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Love the song. It's one of my workout playlist regulars for years now. But the tempo seems relentless for actual skating and I can say I have never once pictured someone skating to it. Should be interesting I guess? Meanwhile, all that pretty Final Fantasy music that SCREAMS skating and yet nobody whom I like will touch it with a 10-foot pole. Honestly if he was going to go with Fall Out Boy there was another more skating friendly track on that album, "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)" https://youtu.be/LkIWmsP3c_s, and it was a bigger hit.

Copyright issues maybe?

A lot of my favourite music is probably unskatable (wouldn't mind to be proven wrong of course!) It's either too sombre thematically and/or too mellow musically (like David Sylvian's haunting rendition of Emily Dickinson's poem I should not dare) or too dark and heavy/too "proggy" (think Tool or most of Steven Wilson's projects). Some art/electronic pop by Radiohead (Creep excluded!), IAMX or Bat for lashes might work though.

I appreciate immensely that Daisuke skated to Björk, VAS and Lang's Just/Preisner's Lacrimosa. Imo Pale green ghosts was an inspired choice by Richaud too.

I may not like the particular song choice this time, but I'm happy we'll get a high energy, fun program. :rock: To me Dai is the very best dancer among all currently active singles skaters, capable of incorporating actual dance into his skating without having to resort to long posing breaks. Cyberswan, Eye, Mambo and his Rock'n'Roll medley are prime examples of his wizardry. Watching his feet in those programs is pure bliss! :bow: Let's see, if the collaborative choreo effort for The Phoenix does his talent full justice.

Fingers crossed him and Shoma will be ready to present their SPs at FOI!

icetug

Medalist
Very probable guess, or big hope ;) by many of his fans is he may show up at Japan Open.

Mine too ;). As for me the only reason JO hasn't announced Japanese team last competitor yet is that they try to convince Dai to take part in it...

deedee1

Record Breaker
Mine too ;). As for me the only reason JO hasn't announced Japanese team last competitor yet is that they try to convince Dai to take part in it...

According to fan reports from Dai's Naturie talkshow in April there's not much convincing needed:

https://twitter.com/redgreendress/status/1119884938235523072

I think out of the still available options he's the most realistic one. *prayer*

Let's be hopeful, sisters! :ghug:

I appreciate immensely that Daisuke skated to Björk, VAS and Lang's Just/Preisner's Lacrimosa. Imo Pale green ghosts was an inspired choice by Richaud too.

I may not like the particular song choice this time, but I'm happy we'll get a high energy, fun program. :rock: To me Dai is the very best dancer among all currently active singles skaters, capable of incorporating actual dance into his skating without having to resort to long posing breaks. Cyberswan, Eye, Mambo and his Rock'n'Roll medley are prime examples of his wizardry. Watching his feet in those programs is pure bliss! :bow: Let's see, if the collaborative choreo effort for The Phoenix does his talent full justice.

Fingers crossed him and Shoma will be ready to present their SPs at FOI!

Can't wait to see Sho's GreSpi and Dai's Phoenix! :love:

Synes, have you seen his Rock'n'Roll Step Sq at GFP in 2012? To me, the best executed steps with this program. :rock: from 4:45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D82Uu1Na2a0

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I like Dai's SP music choice SOOOooooooooOOo MUCH:luv17::love::love:
The lyrics give me this connection: Papa Dai is singing(pep talk) to his Son Shoma. hint: Shoma's Great spirit new short

Put on your war paint
So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked
One maniac at a time we will take it back
So dance alone to the beat of your heart (Shoma dancing on my own FP;))
Hey Youngblood doesn't it feel like our time is running out
I'm going to change you like a remix
Then I'll raise you like a phoenix
Wearing all vintage misery
No I think it looked a little better on me
Put on your war paint (Shoma Great Spirit new short)

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Dai is unlikely to do JO. He was confirmed for CaoI today. :sad21:

https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1165913913839407104

Better that than nothing I suppose. Hope he does a Challenger later in the season. *sigh*

4 days until FoI and 6 until the Hyoen broadcast. In the meantime here are a few photo updates: