Warm-Up Group 4

13 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 2 67.10
14 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV RUS 4 65.02
15 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER 1 68.63
16 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN JPN 3 65.37

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/SEG010.HTM

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I hope T/T can hang on for a medal. They are way more interesting than P/T can ever hope to be. At their best, they are just so much better than P/T, B/L, D/C, S/H, D/R. I think they're even more interesting than K/S and V/T. S/S are better skaters, and have some interesting programs over the year, but She S looks wild and tacky and cheap vs. how polished T/T are.

paircheck

Final Flight
i wish that aliona and robin skate a superb pina program... maybe with a 3ATh again ??
T/T sould skate like in the sp..... clean, polish ... i hope that they re not toooo nervous, because they skate last...
D/R pls skate like nationals...

well.... maybe no russian pair on the podium???... only 2 spots next year....

i think V/T are going to skate from the back to the medals.. silver?

mousepotato

On the Ice
It will be impossible for T/T to stay in 3rd, it's a numbers game and they just don't have it against the better teams. I see V/T winning the bronze maybe silver if they can have a great skate and get over 135 but I have no idea how P/T look in the free, they scored 126 at home in January so if they do just as well they should hang on for the silver.

K/S have performed well from 126-132 and if they can do that they should get around 4th but the other teams will have to absolutly flawless to beat them and for some that's a tall order.

Here are my guesses, I guess:

1st S/S
2nd V/T
3rd P/T

4th-8th in some order; sorry
K/S
B/L
D/C
S/H
D/R

9th T/T
10th M/B
11th B/H
12th D/W

ucrgirl

On the Ice
it would be so nice if most of the top pairs were able to skate great free skates. This will be hard for S/S since their coach says they are at 85% but a girl can dream . . .

FlattFan

Match Penalty
It will be impossible for T/T to stay in 3rd, it's a numbers game and they just don't have it against the better teams. I see V/T winning the bronze maybe silver if they can have a great skate and get over 135 but I have no idea how P/T look in the free, they scored 126 at home in January so if they do just as well they should hang on for the silver.

What better teams? T/T just beat them. Girl T is ultra inconsistent, but does that make them any less than the other teams? If everyone skate their best, I don't see T/T below anyone else but the top 4.

mousepotato

On the Ice
What better teams? T/T just beat them. Girl T is ultra inconsistent, but does that make them any less than the other teams? If everyone skate their best, I don't see T/T below anyone else but the top 4.

So you think just because 5.79 points separates 3rd place T/T from 11th place K/S it's over? You really think a team with such a low free skate score like T/T they will be able to stay in that 3rd place spot?

The best they have ever done in the free is 114.20 and that's the best, the average is 107.

For the other teams like K/S their average is 126 with a high of 132.67, D/R has and average of 122 with a high of 129.19, B/L has and average of 120 with a high of 126.90, S/H has and average of 121 with a high of 135.08, D/C has and average of 120.00 with a high of 128.82. Even M/B has higher free skate scores.

T/T would have to get the best they have ever done THEN do better than that by over 10 points! And when they got the 114 they only singled a jump so the score wouldn't have got that much higher. So let's say for arguments sake they get 124 (which for a team who just got 109 at 4CC will be a big ask especially since they are going last but let’s just say) K/S are only 5.79 points behind so K/S would need to get 129.79. That's doable with the scores they have been getting for CDL. And the other teams have even less to make up.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Best. Do you understand what best means? No mistakes. No flaws. T/T at their best would beat the crap out of everyone else. Not season best. Just best!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think Takahashi/Tran will hang onto a podium position since she usually only lands half her jumps and throws in the LP cleanly, IF THAT, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. :)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Best. Do you understand what best means? No mistakes. No flaws. T/T at their best would beat the crap out of everyone else. Not season best. Just best!

Technically, their SB is their best, unless they have a higher score from another season. It doesn't matter what they can do in practice or when no one can see them if they can't bring it to the competition.

mousepotato

On the Ice
Are you serious? You think T/T doing the very best they can do, skating their hearts out can beat D/R? Did you see Canadian Nationals? You think they can beat K/S at the top of their game? Did you see Cup of Russia when they score 132.67. Or V/T at the Grand Prix Final when they scored over 140?

Be serious. T/T were beaten by most of these teams a few weeks ago at 4CC

shalanheyyo

Rinkside
I doubt T/T can stay on the podium,if S/S and P/T skate relatively clean, they should hang on to their positions with V/T in third place. I do think S/H could manage to be in top 5 if they skate similar to their 4cc performance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Guys, really, how hard is it to follow the guidelines. Especially the one where we DO NOT ATTACK FELLOW POSTERS!? Take your issues off the board.

CPWest

Rinkside
I hope T/T can hang on for a medal. They are way more interesting than P/T can ever hope to be. At their best, they are just so much better than P/T, B/L, D/C, S/H, D/R. I think they're even more interesting than K/S and V/T. S/S are better skaters, and have some interesting programs over the year, but She S looks wild and tacky and cheap vs. how polished T/T are.

gees, you are a fan of T/T does not mean that you have to downplay P/T in every post. P/T will not disappear because of your bad mouth.

deedee1

Record Breaker
For Narumi T and Mervin T, it's only their second year on senior circuit.
Great job done. I am happy for them getting their very first small medal in the Championships.

We all agree that their technical level is nowhere near other top teams yet.
But, please do not get too hard on Narumi and Mervin.

Their programs this season appear polished and well-choreographed, look lovely together with better unison. While Narumi is still tiny, they look very 'senior' now, and they must have worked so hard coming to this Worlds, especially Narumi on her jumps, I suppose.

Now they face the fact they have to skate last in the Free, too nerve-recking (a pimp spot, do you say?), I doubt they could have even got to sleep last night...

A podium finish is not likely to happen, but here is my hoping for Narumi and Mervin:
You should feel proud of yourselves to get to skate in the final flight of the Worlds for the first time, enjoy skating in front of huge audience with lots of cheers for you, do not be afraid of making mistakes and go all for it!

For Pairs free skate later today, here is my hoping:
No more wierd falls, skating god, PLEASE.
Fair judging, judges, PLEASE.
My very best wishes for all the teams, and may the best team win!

clyte

Rinkside
For Narumi T and Mervin T, it's only their second year on senior circuit.
Great job done. I am happy for them getting their very first small medal in the Championships.

We all agree that their technical level is nowhere near other top teams yet.
But, please do not get too hard on Narumi and Mervin.

Their programs this season appear polished and well-choreographed, look lovely together with better unison. While Narumi is still tiny, they look very 'senior' now, and they must have worked so hard coming to this Worlds, especially Narumi on her jumps, I suppose.

Now they face the fact they have to skate last in the Free, too nerve-recking (a pimp spot, do you say?), I doubt they could have even got to sleep last night...

A podium finish is not likely to happen, but here is my hoping for Narumi and Mervin:
You should feel proud of yourselves to get to skate in the final flight of the Worlds for the first time, enjoy skating in front of huge audience with lots of cheers for you, do not be afraid of making mistakes and go all for it!

For Pairs free skate later today, here is my hoping:
No more wierd falls, skating god, PLEASE.
Fair judging, judges, PLEASE.
My very best wishes for all the teams, and may the best team win!

Agree.
It's splendid achievement to have finished SP without a mistake for them.
I'm surprised and impressed with even it.
But, of course I'm glad if Narumi & Marvin get any medal in FP too.