Mirai Nagasu | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I so wish that she would choose music which totally reflects her fun loving puckish personality. She would truly shine if she skated with joy.

I do too!

Here's hoping that training in Japan will help Mirai skate gangbusters at Nationals. As far as I'm concerned Nationals is her Olympics - anything else (especially Sochi) is gravy. :biggrin:

altuixde

On the Ice
Poor Mirai. :cry: I wanted her to compete at the Olympics again. Can anyone tell me how the analysts on TV commentated the ladies free skate? I missed the broadcast because I was in the arena. I hope her appeal is successful.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Mirai was spotted in the audience during Mura's performance at 4CCs, smiling and clapping (he went clean and is currently in 1st place), let's hope he send some positive energy to her for tomorrow!

She has nothing to loose this season, hope she just go out there and kill it Bond style :D

samson

Medalist
^aaaaaaah glad to hear she was smiling! I'll have to look for the video now! I really hope she can bring it this competition and show everyone that she's truly is turning things around. Three good competitions in a row would be a great way to make an impact with USFSA and international judges and a killer way to end out the year (even if I am hoping she'll somehow get on the world team)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wishing Mirai the best in the SP at 4CC!

Ganbare Mirai!!!!!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Too bad Mirai was sick at 4CCs but she did well to stay on her feet during both programs. I hope she rests up then starts training again intensely - as I said in another thread, she still has responsibilities! She is the Olympic and World team alternate and if she should have to step in, I'd want her to be ready and in top condition!

altuixde

On the Ice
She caught the flu after Nationals, recovered, and then caught Norovirus in Taipei.

Wow, traveling is dangerous! At least I think it is, because if you do travel a lot, you get exposed to more infectious diseases. I don't get sick very often... maybe it's because I don't travel much.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Has this been posted already? Such classy comment full of thoughtfullness. Good girl. I agree, Mirai is the true winner in our hearts! :yes:
https://www.facebook.com/mirai.nagasu/posts/10151835277226673

Am particularly glad that her head's up and she looks to the future already. (her first name Mirai=未来 in Japanese means "the future", btw ;)) Way To Go, Mirai!!! :yay::)

I just saw that now, such an encouraging comment. She didn't lie about thinking she was entitled to a spot, which is fair enough, she is entitled to feel entitled. But not only that but she was polite and didn't come across as bitter, this is how you show sportsmanship without being fake. :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Has this been posted already? Such classy comment full of thoughtfullness. Good girl. I agree, Mirai is the true winner in our hearts! :yes:
https://www.facebook.com/mirai.nagasu/posts/10151835277226673

Am particularly glad that her head's up and she looks to the future already. (her first name Mirai=未来 in Japanese means "the future", btw ;)) Way To Go, Mirai!!! :yay::)

Yes deedee there is a thread out there regarding Mirai's Facebook message but there is a lot of bickering in that thread. So thank you for posting it in Mirai's fan thread.
I thought her statement was honest and classy and I am glad that she will continue skating in "the future".

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Yes deedee there is a thread out there regarding Mirai's Facebook message but there is a lot of bickering in that thread. So thank you for posting it in Mirai's fan thread. I thought her statement was honest and classy and I am glad that she will continue skating in "the future".

Her thoughts were mature, classy, and honest. I am so glad she will continue! I have no doubt she will work hard and enjoy a resurgence next season. Best wishes to her on her next journey!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Has anyone seen this video from Mirai's Instagram? http://instagram.com/p/k5WX7TC5bq/

This is a gorgeous layback. :clap: She's capable of doing so many interesting positions. I really hope she adds this to a program next season.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Mirai is incredibly flexible. The last position looks almost like Julia L's "Bielmann" but her leg is a bit bent. I wonder if she has been inspired by her to do these kinds of spins?

I wish she was going to Worlds, but I look forward to seeing her wow us next year.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I really liked her TONS when she first hit the scene, the conference / " whatever I am just going to skate my best" attitude. I think the Jr. nat.s televised coverage and publicity years ago changed her some how, but most of all it was most likely due to the 4 inches she grew in such a short time ( I think, it has been a while since I have been "super involved" as I once was.) that "hesitated" and she could get back up to the top(s) in the media eye again. I remeber her being one of the most wonderful personalities to hit skating, she brought a lot of hope to FS and it's popularity to me. I guess I was wrong - SO FAR. But hey I was wrong about putting microphones on the Ice to hear the skates be enticing to the viewers.

She has one of the best personalities I have ever know in the Media.