Adelina Sotnikova | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

Scott512

Record Breaker
The whole show yesterday "in the very heart of the capital, at the GUM-skating rink ( Red Square ) on the final days of the “Journey to Christmas” festival" https://vk.com/video-24199209_456262931?og=1

Plushy's post on Adelina https://www.instagram.com/p/BsgKb-JDlYY/

I don't know what Plushy said but reading the comments disgusted me. The hate will never let Adelina be. SMH. She outscored Kim by doing a more technically difficult higher scoring program the way Alina did to Zhenya and Evan did Yevgeny. That's the reality. I thought Plushenko deserved a second singles gold. But Russians did not ride Lyascek with endless hate have they?

I am thrilled Adelina is happy doing shows. She looks great and deserves to be happy.

Ninel0226

Rinkside
I don't know what Plushy said but reading the comments disgusted me. The hate will never let Adelina be. SMH. She outscored Kim by doing a more technically difficult higher scoring program the way Alina did to Zhenya and Evan did Yevgeny. That's the reality. I thought Plushenko deserved a second singles gold. But Russians did not ride Lyascek with endless hate have they?

I am thrilled Adelina is happy doing shows. She looks great and deserves to be happy.

They did ( about Evan and about Alina)/
And mainly the comments about Adelina on networks are very positive: gratitude and admiration in most of them. 39 show, not only with Evgeny, great sucsess.

Scott512

Record Breaker
They did ( about Evan and about Alina)/
And mainly the comments about Adelina on networks are very positive: gratitude and admiration in most of them. 39 show, not only with Evgeny, great sucsess.

What Evan and Alina have had to deal with is nothing close to what Adelina has put up with for almost 5 years.

Hoping she is happy.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
TASS, March 2. Six titanium screws were installed in the vertebra of Olympic champion Russian figure skater Adelina Sotnikova.

About this the athlete's agent Mariya Shashina told in the program "The fate of a person with Boris Korchevnikov" on the channel "Russia-1".

Also on Monday, in the broadcast the athlete announced the end of her career.

" Adelina now has two implants in the spine that are connected by a plate, " said Shashina. " And this plate is held by six titanium screws that were screwed into her spine so that she could once again return to the ice and please the audience. "

Sotnikova herself speaks about why her health worsened.

“ It was a difficult operation, it didn’t bode well, I was afraid of operations, since my sister went through three, ” Sotnikova said. “ In fact, it all started in the summer, I went on tour, and I had to get up to date, learn paired elements, and this presented a new load. From that moment I felt that my back hurts, and in November, it was at the Grand Prix stage in Moscow, as I was warming up my neck, back, I start to crunch, and something seemed to fly out of me, which means it needed to be corrected. "

My arm did not obey

“ But in December, I realised that I couldn’t sit nor sleep, I needed to find a position, because my chest and arm are seemingly numb from the shoulder, ” the skater continued. “ I didn’t understand what was happening, swallowed pills - nothing helped. I thought I had to go and do an MRI of my spine, to understand what was going on, the doctor first answered me with riddles, jokes, I even laughed, and then he told me, seriously, refuse the show, we’ll hospitalise you, lie down now, you may get jammed just like that. "

" I understood that I couldn’t let people down either, and I had to come to an agreement with the doctors to help me, they told me to lower everything to a level, but I almost couldn't raise my hand, it didn’t listen, I had to pick it up and lower it. I reduced the load by eliminating the triple jumps, ” Sotnikova said. “ I performed until February, and there were daily performances, I had to take droplets that didn’t help, had to act through pain, the doctors were really afraid, and then two weeks later I called and said: " Doctor, I'm all yours. " I was told that my situation and the operation were more serious than that of Yevgeniy Plyushchenko (the athlete was bothered by his back for a long time, he underwent several operations - TASS). He had so many operations, he already had his whole back in these plates, at the moment I had it done on my neck "

In addition to the Gold medal of the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi, Sotnikova twice won the Silver of the European Championships (2013, 2014). The skater has not competed since 2015.
-----

According to other news sources, it was a serious operation, performed through the thoat.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adelina has opened her own school, Sotka School. She will coach 2 groups. Fedor Klimov will have a group there as well.
School's Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sotka.school/

Press

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...ennuyu-shkolu-figurnogo-kataniya-sotka-school
2014 Olympic champion Adelina Sotnikova opened her own figure skating school in Moscow. She told Sport24 about this. The school is called Sotka School and is located in the Morozovo ice complex.

It is planned that Sotnikova herself will have two groups. One group will be led by the Sochi Olympic champion in team competition Fedor Klimov. In addition, there will be five more groups.

“The idea has been in the air for over a year. I was offered to think about this topic, but then I realized that I was not yet ready for such a large project, because this is a huge responsibility. And recently, my inner mood and events around me began to develop in such a way that I felt - the time has come, it's time! I often remember how I came to figure skating myself: an ordinary child who just saw the ice, a lot of funny kids on it, and wanted to try the same. No one brought me by the hand, they didn’t press on me, they didn’t convince me of anything. But they treated me attentively, put effort and time into me, they noticed a certain talent in me, they believed me, they directed me in the right direction. And everything started spinning.
And now I want to give other children a chance, to see something in them, to show opportunities, to help them open up, to achieve results. I want to explain what 100% of labor, effort, desire turns into. We are not in vain Sotka School: in addition to the fact that Sotka is my childhood nickname, our task is to give children 100 opportunities out of 100, to teach them to go to the goal with one hundred percent dedication, ”Sotnikova said.

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...pnym-sotnikova-ob-otkrytii-sobstvennoy-shkoly
- How much does school cost?

- There is a stereotype that figure skating is an expensive sport. I really want to prove that figure skating can be affordable. We are planning five basic groups for children of different ages - from 4 to 15 years old, where classes will cost 10-15 thousand per month. If we talk about kids, then this is an important initial step so that the child and his parents can understand for themselves how interesting and necessary they are, whether they plan to develop in this sport and go to a serious level. For older children, we also have something to offer in this format. If you give your best, show results, dream of victories, we will help you take this path, show you the direction of movement. There will also be more professional groups with a different intensity of training, they are initially more focused on achievements, and selection is mandatory in them. There, a monthly subscription will cost from 30 to 50 thousand rubles. But I want to emphasize separately that the coaches of these groups are Olympic champions.

- Will you train children yourself? Will there be enough time for everything?

- I will definitely train myself. I am recruiting two full-fledged groups, in one of them classes will be held three times a week, in the other - five times a week. I don't just give my name to the school, but I get into the process as much as possible from the very beginning and on an ongoing basis. My team and I are building a training system, thinking over all the conditions for our little athletes. We create for them a special environment where they will not only train, but also grow up, make friends, learn to overcome difficulties, learn about themselves and their capabilities. I really want my school to become for children a real road to professional sports, a quality base, a springboard for their future great victories. For the whole process of training, for the selection of the coaching team, for the attentive attitude to each child I am responsible with my head.

Returning to the topic of training costs, I want to add a very important point. There will be three free places in my group. For those who will show themselves as much as possible in training, who are ready to work their best.

- Is this a professional school or skating training for yourself?

- I will say this: we are for everyone to get what he wants from us. There will be an opportunity to ride for fun, for health, but interesting events are planned in these groups, including beautiful reporting. And most importantly, work on oneself, the formation of the correct values ​​that are necessary for a successful life of character traits. But in general, of course, we are aimed at educating future champions. That is, it is a professional training system, a gold standard. We will charge for the result, motivate, identify the best and give them the opportunity to qualify for the best sports schools in the country. For example, there is already an agreement with the CSKA school and directly with my coach Elena Germanovna Buyanova. I want Sotka School not only to become a favorite ice house for children, but also to really give them a start in high-performance sports.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia