Adelina Sotnikova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I just posted yesterday on this fanfest, but it did not show up. says sth like"need moderator prove..." anyway, I will post again.
the lighting, the wings, the color of this EX...Adelina looks like a beautiful luna moth flying under moonlight!

Celine

On the Ice
Love Adelina's athleticism, performance guts and "girl power" aura. Go Adelina!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They look so cute!!! Thanks for sharing and great job to Adelina for winning the LP at TEB. Many cheers :clap::party2::rock::party:

Good luck at the GPF!!! :yay:

lcd

Match Penalty
Adelina has made sweet friendships with many of the skaters from Mao's THE ICE tours. She must have passable English. There are adorable pictures with Mao and also from when she and Alex Shibutani were "dance partners" for the opening number, and they reprised the pose when they were both at Cup of Russia

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not sure if anybody has posted this elsewhere on the forum (if they have, I apologise), but I thought you might be interested.

I was on Adelina's vKontakte profile last week, and I spotted that back in October she shared a link to the following photo gallery on the Team Russia website:

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/11875.html

Now, you don't have to be able to read the Russian headline to be able to work out that most of the photos are of Adelina running around Moscow with the Olympic flame!

What an honour for her to have. Not only that, but she really looks like she's actually enjoying doing it!

Can anybody recognise any of the other people in the photo gallery?

And, can I just say, it's a strange design for a torch. Is it supposed to be a sabre or something?

Well done Adelina!

CarolIza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Never mind the cover - have you seen the photos of her inside the magazine?! :jaw:

http://yes.com.ru/image_load/news/new_number_yes/01.2014/0114_interview.jpg

:love: Absolutely stunning!!! :love:

Incidentally, there is a paragraph about Ekaterina Bobrova a few pages before Adelina's interview:

http://yes.com.ru/image_load/news/new_number_yes/01.2014/0114_sportsmen.jpg

It's great to see Russia's Wintersports athletes being featured in mainstream magazines. It would never happen over here!

It's just a pity I can't read Russian!!! :laugh:

(A few characters in Cyrillic, maybe. A full sentence, nope!)

CaroLiza_fan

Zarya

Rinkside
So thrilled for Adelina! To put together those two skates under that kind of pressure was amazing! Wow! All the top contenders and medalists were so beautiful and what a great competition for ladies to all perform so well. My neighbor that only watches skating every four years, watched with me this morning in the US and was very much enjoyed her performance too.

Zarya

Rinkside
I went back and watched her skate again and enjoyed it even more the second time. I'm loving the clips and magazine stuff too. Thank you PPs.

I used to be a skater as a child but I drifted away from it a little bit as I grown up. I've only mostly watched the major championships the past few years, and the GP this year. So I was not overly familiar with her skating until recently. I enjoyed her at the Europeans and was looking forward to watching her efforts in the Olympics here and boy did she shock and impress!

So happy for this girl. She made me a fan with her fire and courage and plain great skating. Well deserved and congrats on your victory, Adelina!

Zarya

Rinkside

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
She was so happy, no matter what people say, deserved or undeserved, Adelina should just enjoy her moment! She is the one with the Gold Medal and no one can take that away from her. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The Yuna bots are a disgrace
they aren even stalking Adelina on instagram :laugh:

such miserable souls