Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Celine

On the Ice
A wonderful example of the journey of adaptation and change that all of the athletes must go through as they mature. She is peaking just perfectly for Sochi this season

I read somewhere that Julia had trained in rhythmic gymnastics also. I always wanted a rhythmic gymnast to take up skating because the grace and fluidity of that sport would work so beautifully to enhance artistry in a skater. And now I'm getting my wish, it seems.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
I read somewhere that Julia had trained in rhythmic gymnastics also. I always wanted a rhythmic gymnast to take up skating because the grace and fluidity of that sport would work so beautifully to enhance artistry in a skater. And now I'm getting my wish, it seems.

THAT would explain her C R A Z Y flexibility, especially from the hip. wowow with that spiral she does

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

False news. She never were a gymnast...She said it in Russian interviews

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

this is a bit tricky and conflicting
Julia's mother said she did artistic gymnastics before for jumps she was just naturally flexible but Tutberidze her coach says she did rhythmic gmnastics as a child. there have been other russian athletes but the opposite Julia Barsukova the 2000 Rhythmic gymnast Olympic champion was a figure skater before she became a RG, she did stars on Ice partnered with Anton Sikhuralidze http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mMaJ0yrSU

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
huge shout out for Julia, she's gaining her consistency back :love:
congrats for winning Skate Canada

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
OMG! Julia says they have new spin variations! That she'll try them this year if she will make them on practices and feel sure about them! She said she did one variation on practice on SC and the judges clapped her:)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Can't wait to see this new spin variation. Julia has redeemed herself with a great FS and now back where she should have always been, a leading young contender for Russia vs USSR. I can't wait to see how next battle between her and the US girls be like. I like how she take ownership of the program and hope it can pay off in a big way for her.

Congrats and good luck!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Love her LP! Notice her in the B event this year and she's just phenomenal! I see her on the podium in Sochi or even steal the show.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
So proud of her and she made the biggest progress among the ladies this year! Every year she makes improvements in her skating. :)