Meryl Davis & Charlie White | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis & Charlie White

KKonas

Medalist
So to be clear, did Derek actually do the choreography? Did he simply work with them for a few days? I would love to understand what sections or what his actual imprint on the program is.

Hough was not in SLC unfortunately. At SLC D/W were not specific and said that Hough did work with them for a few days on "aspects of the SD." Obviously Hough could not do the Finnstep choreo as that is a specific set of steps. I took it to mean more like finishing aspects of certain moves in the program.

KKonas

Medalist
Charlie & Meryl just tweeted that they were working on new lifts with Georgia Ambarian and Eric Luna.

Candy clouds

Rinkside
Hi guys, does anyone still have a copy of Davis/White's 2 programs at The Ice last year? I can't find them anywhere. Also if you have the Meryl vs. Charlie dance comp, do you mind sharing it with me? Thanks in advance.

Celine

On the Ice
The way Meryl was attacked by Jenny Kirk and Dave Lease of the Skating Lesson was really unwarranted in my view. Had to post a thread in the broader forum. They hate on the Shibutani's too. Equally puzzling. I am a big believer in all three of these athletes (Charlie too!) as young people to admire. I enjoy their skating AND I respect all 4 of them as people.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Meryl Davis ‏@Meryl_Davis 29m
Beautiful day on campus! If one's 'college years' are the best of one's life, @CharlieaWhite and I are really onto something. Year 7! Wooo 🎉

This made me chuckle. I love the fact they managed to find a way to be at the top of the sport, yet still have an opportunity to enjoy the college life.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
The way Meryl was attacked by Jenny Kirk and Dave Lease of the Skating Lesson was really unwarranted in my view. Had to post a thread in the broader forum. They hate on the Shibutani's too. Equally puzzling. I am a big believer in all three of these athletes (Charlie too!) as young people to admire. I enjoy their skating AND I respect all 4 of them as people.

Having read the comments, I have no desire to go to TSL and actually listen to it and judge. I loathe "ambush journalism" and "outrage culture". If I were a skater, I don't think I'd give anyone an interview until it was all over! I love Meryl and Charlie and the Shibs. Last year, Patrick Chan and Virtue/Moir got the same kind of treatment. I love them! I'll let the skating speak for itself. Looking forward to seeing them all perform at their best!

KKonas

Medalist
Just completed Meryl & Charlie's teleconference. Nothing too major to report but Charlie did say that it had been 10 years since they competed in Detroit but were happy that both their parents and various relatives would be in attendance. Also asked Charlie which lifts they might change and he said not necessarily working on new lifts, but refining and polishing the lifts with Eric Luna and Georgia Ambarian. He also said they were relishing the idea of possibly earning another Olympic medal at the World Team Trophy competition in Sochi. It takes place in the time spot for what was scheduled for the CDs.

Meryl Davis ‏@Meryl_Davis 29m
Beautiful day on campus! If one's 'college years' are the best of one's life, @CharlieaWhite and I are really onto something. Year 7! Wooo

This made me chuckle. I love the fact they managed to find a way to be at the top of the sport, yet still have an opportunity to enjoy the college life.

It's amusing indeed. It reminds me of Michelle's remark during her speech at that Vermont college that granted her an honorary degree, when she said that she had attended college "on the ten-year plan." I love that these skaters and others (including Paul Wylie) may have taken longer but never gave up on completing their education. There's something to be said for perseverance!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wish Ice Network would provide "in-action" photos for all the American skaters as well. I don't really like the team USA portraits for the skater bios.

They had a nice one of Chock and Bates for their bio. Surely, Meryl and Charlie have ONE photo they could use :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I thought the same. Heck Ski took some great shots of their SkAm Giselle SD last year that I'd be happy to lend them.