Meryl Davis & Charlie White | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis & Charlie White

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Charlie as a single skater did skate juniors and hasn't since. I suppose that is what that is about. Mrs. P, that's a great shot! :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Here is another writer who seems not to know who he is writing about. Jeff Seidel also writes for the Detroit Free Press and should know that Meryl Davis was never a hockey player. Unbelievable!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2014/3005303/

The Freep version of Seidel's article looked fine to me when I read it earlier this morning.

The USA Today link is not working for me, so I have not had a chance to view any error there.
Maybe USA Today is in the process of making a fix -- I assume you are saying that the names of Davis and White were garbled.
If the error at the USA Today link was in the headline or a caption, it would have been USA Today's fault -- not Seidel's.
(Still an unfortunate mistake from the point of view of Davis and White.)

KKonas

Medalist
The Freep version of Seidel's article looked fine to me when I read it earlier this morning.

The USA Today link is not working for me, so I have not had a chance to view any error there.
Maybe USA Today is in the process of making a fix -- I assume you are saying that the names of Davis and White were garbled.
If the error at the USA Today link was in the headline or a caption, it would have been USA Today's fault -- not Seidel's.
(Still an unfortunate mistake from the point of view of Davis and White.)

The names were garbled, but the quotes about hockey in the article were labeled from Davis. Sounds like the Detroit article was corrected.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
(1) Cross-posting from Endorsements thread in The Edge:

Davis/White will be featured today on a USOC media call promoting tomorrow's official celebration in Times Square of the 100-Day Countdown to Sochi.

(2) @Meryl_Davis
@CharlieaWhite & I are SO excited to meet our NYC @ClassroomChamps class at @TODAYshow on Tues! 
2:26 PM - 25 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/Meryl_Davis/status/393851111381020672

Get your hanky (or Puffs, I should say ;)) ready ....​

ETA, no on-air mention of the Classroom Champs kids, but they were at the Rockefeller Center rink. I'm sure quite a lovefest btwn them and Davis/White took place behind the scenes. :)

ETA, from a Today show producer @jennifer_k_long
Ice ice baby. @SavannahGuthrie hangs w/ Ice Dancing World Champs @CharlieaWhite and @Meryl_Davis later today! #Sochi @TODAYshow
5:23 AM - 28 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/jennifer_k_long/status/394801488238608385

KKonas

Medalist
New endorsement for Davis & White from Ralph Lauren. Also today, a quick video interview with Sports Dash. (Sorry, I am lousy at linking.) Check twitter for info.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In one of the Today show videos with Davis/White from this morning, Meryl was way ahead of Charlie -- and many of Team USA's Sochi hopefuls from all sports -- with her aptitude for the Russian language:

D/W appear at about 0:36 (of the 1:00 video).

If I heard her correctly, she said, "Мне очень нравится быть в России," which means, "I like being in Russia very much."