Ashley Wagner | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Hi guys! I am a huge Ashley Wagner fan (she's my favorite skater ever, though I'm pretty new to skating haha) and I just wanted to bump up this thread in anticipation of next season :) I cannot wait to see Ashley's new programs! Hopefully Shae-Lynn did something awesome!

Hi Bronwyn, and welcome! Are you Bronwyn from Twitter? LOL.

I am looking forward to what Shae-Lynn has created for Ashley too!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm actually quite pleased with Ashley's GP assignments. I think she has a good chance to win Skate Canada (Anna P. scores higher at her best, but she's less consistent than Ashley), and will be good for bronze at TEB behind Yulia and Elena. She can make GPF with that. And after... well, we'll see where things go, but I'm glad Ashley decided to continue.

mustafakent

On the Ice
Aaaaaaaggh I can't wait anymore to see her. :cry: Also wondering what she is going to do for combination at SP. There are so many posibilities.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
I can't wait to see her programs! I didn't watch her Japan Open skate because I know she can do so much better. On a side note, I love her haircut :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I find her LP chaotic but also (imo) very emotional, powerful, and expressive--qualities I don't find in other chaotic programs like Elena Radionova's SP. I hope Ashley slays it in the GP and gets the marks she deserves for P/E and INT. Despite the less-than-stellar JO performance, I'm fairly confident she'll make the Worlds team.

Macassar88

Medalist
Not a huge fan of her SP, but I love her FS. It just fits her so well. Huge improvement over R+J. I hope she can get her tech content up.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Ashley's Moulin Rouge LP from Skate Canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoaQGMJ4fx4 It looks like she's trying to play multiple characters at once here, but she makes it work.

She wins the silver medal. :) She also gets ! on one 3F, which is probably a sign she should try lutz next time.

It's pretty ridiculous that a skater can get ! on her flip and e on her lutz. :rolleye:

So glad for her SC silver! It'll be tough to medal at Worlds, but I'm glad she's in contention for the GPF when so many haters counted her out. I don't quite love her LP but she sells it more than the rest, so that's always great to see. And the reality is, had she not been called for the URs on her triple loop in the SP and LP, she'd have quite possibly won. So, essentially if she gets her loops back, she's in the 190's again.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think she might be concentrating on getting her lutz edge to a ! at least. Which would explain the ! flip. And possibly the loop as well (because she's working on her lutz, she might not be focusing on the UR issue right now).

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like Ashley's FS, even without the big technical content. The music (even with Nicole Kidman's vocals - egads!) really suits her dramatic diva persona and she sold it well, hence her high PCS. I think she did as well as she could at Skate Canada and her strategy to play to her strengths paid off with a silver medal.

(I think she needs to tone down the blond though - it's a bit harsh and straw like.)

GF2445

Record Breaker
I really like Ashley's FS, even without the big technical content. The music (even with Nicole Kidman's vocals - egads!) really suits her dramatic diva persona and she sold it well, hence her high PCS. I think she did as well as she could at Skate Canada and her strategy to play to her strengths paid off with a silver medal.

(I think she needs to tone down the blond though - it's a bit harsh and straw like.)

Thats true. She presents that program well. I really hope she will find mote success in her next grand prix. More speedinto her jumps would her alot- especially her 3F+3T.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ashley's SP from TEB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ghW-AQ2n8

A powerful performance, and she's sitting in third place right now. The ever-present UR calls worry me, but I think she made a better 3F-3T attempt this time. Lovely arms on the layback. :yes:

Having seen the program again, I do think she needs to add one thing: On the first crescendo of the music, nothing is happening. A split jump, maybe? Otherwise, I like the program and its lack of COP fussy movements.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ashley's fabulous free skate from the GPF, which earned her a bronze medal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgxobVhuDA4

She attempted not one but two triple-triple combinations. The 3Lo-1Lo-3S was called UR, but the 3F-3T was clean as a whistle and received good GOE. She also had no call on her lutz. Score would've broken 130 had she not lost some levels on the spins.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Congrats diva Wagner.
I wonder who choreographed her LP, not Adam, isn't it?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congrats diva Wagner.
I wonder who choreographed her LP, not Adam, isn't it?
According to Wikipedia (I just have the best sources, don't I? :laugh:), it's... Shae-Lynn Bourne. And yes, now you're allowed to laugh at me the way I laughed about the David Wilson-Sui/Han thing.

Her SP was done by Adam.

Meoima

Match Penalty
According to Wikipedia (I just have the best sources, don't I? :laugh:), it's... Shae-Lynn Bourne. And yes, now you're allowed to laugh at me the way I laughed about the David Wilson-Sui/Han thing.
Her SP was done by Adam.
:rofl: it's my turn muahahahah

leolion11

On the Ice
Wow Ashley :cheer: I should never have underestimated her wow her program was fabulous. Well-deserved medal! :bow: ahh both my favourites did so well at the GPF. So happy for them!