Ashley Wagner | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner

breynows

On the Ice
Haters gonna hate that program :cheer: i knew my jinxes would make her go to the podium hehehehe congratulations for this Diva :cheer2:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am very happy that Ashley proved her haters wrong with that FS and landed on the podium. When I think of the evolution of that Moulin Rouge FS, it was a disaster when she debuted it at the Japan Open and she slowly worked on adding the content into it so she could be competitive with the Russians. Whatever she and Rafael are doing is working for her, and I hope she can perfect it for Nationals.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Yes yes yes ashley. So proud of her. Really I am not impressed with anyone Russian except julia who is really working on her artistry. I absolutely cannot stand Liza whirling dervish. Ashley was by far the only elegant woman at the GPF. Really I don't care about perfectly rotated jumps when one skates like a speed freak Elena or the borish Eliza. I think popgomhas a chance of becoming an elegant woman on the ice. But it is a jumping game. That said Gracie is the best thing out there and should be on top. I think the American girls have so much style. Sam Gracie ash and Polina is growing into her limbs.

Only little julia who will forever be a kid I guess is pushing her artistry. She is so much more watchable than any Russian teenager. Really I'd rather watch Leonova. She has become so much more than the jumper she was in 2009. Sad to say beautiful skating is mostly seen in ice dance or exhibitions.

Off topic back to Ashley. She was fab in that free skate. Go Ashley. We have wonderful women in the usa even though they must subsidize themselves unlike the money Russia pours into baby jumpers. I really am bored with what singles skating is become. Thank goodness at least Frank Carroll is still around. Still Gracie has to out jump them to win gold and I truly hope she does. Ashley may never win worlds with skating as it is now but she is just very complete to watch.

This was not my favorite LP for her but she really let it go this time. I hope she tones down the hair the lipstick and gets a new dress for nationals. Good luck diva Ashley you have many many fans still.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I really like Ashley's exhibition to "Love Me Harder." It sounds like the most generic thing, skating to a current pop hit. But somehow it works... She moves like the music flows out from her. I could watch Ashley stroking around the rink all day. :)

Btw, there's no need to bring other skaters down to prop up Ashley. Ashley is a strong because she beat formidable opponents.

Puchi

On the Ice
I hope she tones down the hair the lipstick and gets a new dress for nationals. Good luck diva Ashley you have many many fans still.

I'm one of those many fans of Ashley, and I love the red dress. She looks gorgeous and really stand out. On the hair and lipstick, I'm with you.

lefeury

Rinkside
I happen to love Ashley's LP dress. It looks elegant on her. I also love her hair and make-up this year. I'm sure she had a reason for every thing she changed this season and it's working well for her. It could be that she wanted to feel beautiful in order to perform in a more mature way, or it could be that she is aware that judges seem to love beautiful blonds on ice. I hope she delivers her best at Nationals and onward to Worlds. We know now what she is capable of and she knows it too. Go Ashley!!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Maybe that fall in her second GP, and the subsequent need to add back a combination, did some good for Ashley after all. I never thought she'd be doing 3Lz-3T in the SP. :drama:

Praying for Diva Wagner to SLAY in the free! :cheer2:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Diva Wagner never give up! I love the attitude! Skay it in the long, diva!

yuzulia14

Rinkside
Just watched her SP, and I like the reaction of her coaches when her score came up they were like, "Is that even real?" :jaw: haha!
very happy for ashley, hope she will also put up a 3lz-3t in her LP and continue slaying!:cheer:

leolion11

On the Ice
Wow congratulations Ashley!! I'm so glad to see her skate like that at Nationals. Such a difference from last year! She definitely has my favourite ladies FS this season. Hope she medals at Worlds! :cheer:

mustafakent

On the Ice
Perfection.

I can not believe this just happened.

I still remember everybody was saying "Ashley is over.", "She will never be at top of the podium again." after Japan Open, TEB and GP SP...

I couldn't be more proud of her.

I couldn't be happier.

But it has not over yet.One more to go.

On to zeeeeee Shangai.
;)

MiRé

Match Penalty
I really love her spread eagle to 3Lo. Very beautiful to watch and CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I really love her spread eagle to 3Lo. Very beautiful to watch and CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2:

I love her entrance to the 3Lo too so damn good

and I hope an HD video will come up again so I watch it again, so damn good, during the performance I was so nervous she would two foot something but she did so well. She needs to work on those spin levels though