Kaetlyn Osmond | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond

ice coverage

Record Breaker

lcd

Match Penalty
Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23
Getting ready to board the plane to LA!!!! So excited to train there for the next couple of weeks :)
8:09 AM - 13 Aug 13
https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/statuses/367301993884172289

And BTW, Osmond is the only figure skater selected for the CBC list below:
Sochi Social: 6 Canadian athletes to follow
By Monika Platek
Posted: Thursday, August 8, 2013 | 09:21 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/community/opinion/2013/08/sochi-social-6-canadian-athletes-to-follow.html

I suspect that the media strategy involves "layering" the list of athletes over the coming months. The ladies champ in figure skating is always a strong attention grabber to start.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Hi everyone! I just want to let everyone know how things are going....
A month ago, I started to feel pain in my left foot. The MRI results found a "stress reaction" in a bone in my foot. I haven't been able to skate much and have been in an air cast. I've been working with my trainer and have been biking, swimming, and doing Pilates to keep active. I'm happy to say that my doctor just gave me the news that I can return to the ice. My coach and I have made a plan to get me back on track as soon as possible and I'm so excited to get back on the ice!!!
Thanks for all the nice messages and words of encouragement!
Kaetlyn
(posted on her FB page)
I hope this won't affect her GP preparation...

emdee

Final Flight
It has definitely effected her preparation if she was off skating for so long. However, there is still time for nats and olys and as of now the GP is less important.

I hope she does skate in Skate Canada as I am looking forward to seeing her again.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
maybe that's the reason for her weight issues and more than usual falls 2 in SP and 3 in FS ( well 3 Falls is almost her average falls for FS )

hohoho

On the Ice

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Since I can't bring myself to work with a trainer, and go biking, swimming and doing Pilate, I have to abstain from jealousy of Kaetlyn's weight issues.

lcd

Match Penalty
She is a powerful athlete and will probably never be a twiggy little thing. I hope she recovers her health and is strong. The electricity she can generate when she is confident and performs is impressive.

hohoho

On the Ice
Osmonds LP dress at Wildrose was not very good. I have seen pictures of her new LP dress. She said in interviews that she did a run through before withdrawing from SC. Did anybody see it? Is there a practice video?

hohoho

On the Ice
Kaetlyn seems to keep her fanpage very current. There is so much information there and great that she acknowledges her team and other skaters.

hohoho

On the Ice
Anybody have any updates on Kaetlyn - is she training, is she doing Challenge, etc.

sk8hrd

Rinkside
New article: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/story.html?id=9186033

This article came out last night. It shows that the injury is much more serious than her team has led everyone to believe. I dated a sprinter, when I was younger, who had a tear in his hamstring and it took him over six months before he could sprint full out again. Every time it started to feel good with easy running, he would re-tear it when ever he tried to do full out sprints. Hope her recovery is fast, but I also hope she takes her time as well.

coppertop1

On the Ice
Looking good and strong! She will rise up even more come Canadians, she loves a crowd! I love this program, beautiful costume, great music choice. Ravi Walia has done a good job getting her in shape and preparing her for this event.