Europeans-hopes dreams and reality | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Europeans-hopes dreams and reality

glam

On the Ice
I don't know where to post this but I think this should be last time this kind of big championships are organized in such a crappy arena. It really gives a sad impression of the event: empty seats, flower girls with butterfly wings who look like ripped from some random skating club's spring show, old old arena, bad lightning, the visual look, no banners allowed, everything! This is not what the skaters and the audience deserve. All the GP events looked a lot more professional, even some senior B competitions look better.
I guess the figure skating is really a dying sport in Europe too.

seniorita

Record Breaker
This year it was strange, my biggest surprise was that 8 out of 10 times I have entered with no control neither for the main entrance neither for my section. No banners was the rule in Sheffield too , probably its new trend. Sheffield was a big arena with seats filled on four sides and it was packed. Being so big the upper seats needed binoculars but it was a cool place. And the area around wonderful. The first row seats had some distance from the ice, same Tallin which was my fav arena cause it was smaller ad had great surroundings. In Zagreb the one side has no seats and it is for photographers, the whole judges site is for acredited people and you have no acess which was not the case in Tallin and Sheffield and of course it is never full. People come and go for the final groups and thats all. Concidering 90% of the programs were directed to judges, I missed a lot of action from skaters and was watching the screen a lot. First places are directly down to the ice and I didnt like that. Before tha finals there was small lake of water on the narrow sides of rink, I would be surprised if no skater complained. The biggest let down was the practice ice rink, which is 5 km away and really really cold and old. I saw skaters arriving with cars and not the bus. But people who work for the championships are wonderful, they are helpful and polite, I like the hearts that is their logo and it is everywhere in the city plus Zagreb is a very beautiful town.:love:

LRK

Record Breaker
You know, I did wonder if I saw water on the ice, but my eyesight is so rotten, I thought I must have imagined it!