Javier Fernandez | Page 123 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'd be curious to know a bit more - can you point out where there is less stuff being done?
Javi only does 2 main transitions now and they're much easier than before. I don't have time to type along analysis but I can see that he had less time in summer so the program is not packed.
There will be a long article of analysis about the top men programs by the GPF. For now it is too early to say.
But I stand by my words, Javi's FS at this moment is easier than his FS last season.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Javi only does 2 main transitions now and they're much easier than before. I don't have time to type along analysis but I can see that he had less time in summer so the program is not packed.
There will be a long article of analysis about the top men programs by the GPF. For now it is too early to say.
But I stand by my words, Javi's FS at this moment is easier than his FS last season.

And I wouldn't worry about it since it's just the beginning of the season. I think it will evolve with season going on.

Btw. We can always count on Miki posting a photo of Javi and Himawari :luv17: https://twitter.com/M1K1_ANDO/status/782508424986628100

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yeah, I don't think Icenetwork has offcial rankings, looking by scores... In official one Satoko Miyahara, Yuzuru Hanyu, Chock/Bates and Duhamel/Radford are in first places. But official ranking favours GP series for me way to much. And you can do poorly and ISU Championships, but by competing at two Challengers, you make up the points difference, so it doesn't reflect the real potential of skaters much. Also they count score from only ONE championships :mad: So yeah, I don't really care.

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
I don't think. He has taken out transitions from the previous program. This new has less transitions actually.

Same thing with other skaters, it's the beginning and too early for most of them; some skaters have had hard summers because of many work, injuries and so. And only look to the first competition of any skater and say that a program lacks something in a derogatory manner (really, nothing positive about the program? What come here for, then?)when they are still adjusting their programs, is quite short-sighted. Really hope and wish that you don't repeat these kind of comments about any other skater in any other fan thread. You have the Edge for that :(

Meoima

Match Penalty
Same thing with other skaters, it's the beginning and too early for most of them; some skaters have had hard summers because of many work, injuries and so. And only look to the first competition of any skater and say that a program lacks something in a derogatory manner (really, nothing positive about the program? What come here for, then?)when they are still adjusting their programs, is quite short-sighted. Really hope and wish that you don't repeat these kind of comments about any other skater in any other fan thread. You have the Edge for that :(
Nah, I did state that this is early season, so it is normal and it is still early. I simply pointed that out.
And for the record, I am kind of sad he has same style of choreography again. But I don't want to drag on that.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Nah, I did state that this is early season, so it is normal and it is still early. I simply pointed that out.
And for the record, I am kind of sad he has same style of choreography again. But I don't want to drag on that.

In fact, you've done it already with your contribution to here. You know this is the fan fest for Javi, not the Edge. :sarcasm: I guess you'd be okay if someone says s/he is sad about your favorite's lacks of musicality at the related fan fest, so that your favorite's programs always look the same just like you are doing right now here? Behave properly.

Last edited:

evergreen

On the Ice
Javi performed Danny Boy at Canaval on Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C5ECkZfZqA

Even since his debut performance of Danny Boy at Worlds'16 gala, I sort of knew that Javi's FS next season may include Ina Bauer, but I cannot imagine that this move can be performed in such a flirty & joyful manner; well-done, David Wilson:agree:

In the press conference after the competition of JO, Javi reiterated that he would stick to the current technical layout for his FS and he was not going to introduce a new quad for the time being, as it took too much time for him to practice the jump and he would rather focus on other aspects of his skating, such as skating skills, spins, etc.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
In fact, you've done it already with your contribution to here. You know this is the fan fest for Javi, not the Edge. :sarcasm: I guess you'd be okay if someone says s/he is sad about your favorite's lacks of musicality at the related fan fest, so that your favorite's programs always look the same just like you are doing right now here? Behave properly.
Well for the record I did not say Javi's new program is bad or anything. But if you want to believe that then... okay.
People make posts about "I don't like her/his new program" always in their favorite's fan thread. :scratch2:
In fact I also went to Radionova's fanthread to complain about her titanic FS or go to Gracie's fanthead to rant "ughh why why why she messed up".
But anyways if you think I am negative then I am sorry.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hey, guys, Meoima didn't really bashed Javi, just stated some facts. I don't see anything wrong with discussing Javi JO performance.
Team Europe has the best kind of Men :cool:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLBi-kljVX3/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLAo-ZejMEr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLAy_f3BDjY/

Thank evergreen for posting his EX :thank: I didin't even realized it's already out there on the internet :)
Yes, I also said it is early season so I can't say for all.
Not to mention Javi got his choreography quite late. I saw him getting off ice choreography with DW at CC through my friend's phone btw. So it is understandable that at the moment he has less transitions than his previous program.
Anyway, I am still not convinced by his new free skate as in my opinion the choreography is similar to other of his programs but there are 2 things: music is better and the costume is cooler.

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
Javi performed Danny Boy at Canaval on Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C5ECkZfZqA

Even since his debut performance of Danny Boy at Worlds'16 gala, I sort of knew that Javi's FS next season may include Ina Bauer, but I cannot imagine that this move can be performed in such a flirty & joyful manner; well-done, David Wilson:agree:

In the press conference after the competition of JO, Javi reiterated that he would stick to the current technical layout for his FS and he was not going to introduce a new quad for the time being, as it took too much time for him to practice the jump and he would rather focus on other aspects of his skating, such as skating skills, spins, etc.

Oh, my :love:I really love this program. The first time I saw it in Boston I thought it was a change for him, and that he looked a bit stiff with it; when I saw again performing it during summer I thought he was going used to it, by now I think he masters it! :2thumbs:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The main thing to me is that a skater´s short and free program are to different kind of music and choreography. Besides, I have always thought that since Chaplin (I started to follow Javier´s programs more closely) the short and free programs have looked different and the music has been very different compared to previous years. And it is the music that decides the type of choreography, IMO.

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Review of Japan Open:

http://culturess.com/2016/10/02/team-japan-triumphs-japan-open/

Javier excerpt:

Meanwhile, Javier Fernandez’s long program looks nothing but perfect for him. He happily flirted and flew and jumped through his Elvis music. He also had a quad toe and two quad salchows, including one in combination with a triple toe. Even with a couple of late mistakes, he was second on the leaderboard, not far behind Uno.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
The beginning of this video shows that Tracy was the one who went with Javi to JO. I would have thought DW would have gone. Even though he's his choreographer and not his coach, he constantly shows up at the K&C. But it's nice to see other coaches aside from Brian looking after the TCC skaters :yes: I think Tracy's name no longer appeared under Javi's "coaches" last season, it's good to know they're still working together :)

Last edited:

evergreen

On the Ice
The beginning of this video shows that Tracy was the one who went with Javi to JO. I would have thought DW would have gone. Even though he's his choreographer and not his coach, he constantly shows up at the K&C. But it's nice to see other coaches aside from Brian looking after the TCC skaters :yes: I think Tracy's name no longer appeared under Javi's "coaches" last season, it's good to know they're still working together :)

IIRC, Tracy also accompanied Javi to JO last year; she is still his skating skill coach. Both BO and DW was at Autumn Classic last week.