Javier Fernandez | Page 125 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thanks everyone for translations! I don't worry about Javi losing. 5 quads is still a lot. And it's better to get consistent with that layout than adding another quad suddenly. I'm sure he will add another one if he'll decide that's what he needs and is capable of :)

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Regarding his mom keeping his costumes - he was sort of joking but was saying that maybe some day they would have an exhibition of his costumes. (I think that's a great idea!!!!)

My favorite question -- Where is his toupee?! At first I didn't understand this, but I guess they were referring to where is his Elvis hairstyle?! He said he can't grow his hair in 2 days, but he is letting it grow a little (on top?) so he can look more like Elvis!

It would be great to have an exhibition of his costumes, but he just said he may use it once in a while for an EX :(
The person who asked the toupee question seems like a friend of Javi (as he said the person who asked him that saw him quite recently and she didn't want Javier to cut his hair) :biggrin: It will be interesting to see how much it grows for Worlds :biggrin:

Javi as the ambassador of Iberia's the opening flight to Japan. Did he really take the flight? So he went from Canada, to Spain, to Japan in this brief period of time :roll9: Good thing he still has two weeks until his first GP!

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It would be great to have an exhibition of his costumes, but he just said he may use it once in a while for an EX :(
The person who asked the toupee question seems like a friend of Javi (as he said the person who asked him that saw him quite recently and she didn't want Javier to cut his hair) :biggrin: It will be interesting to see how much it grows for Worlds :biggrin:

Javi as the ambassador of Iberia's the opening flight to Japan. Did he really take the flight? So he went from Canada, to Spain, to Japan in this brief period of time :roll9: Good thing he still has two weeks until his first GP!

Thx for the clarification on those two items. Spanish is not my first language, and I'm sure I missed a few things here and there...The thought of all those LONG flights gives me jet lag just reading about it! :drama:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Umm, not sure if he took that flight. Maybe it's not the best time to travel even if there's still plenty of time till his first GP event. But what do I know, he has Miki in Japan and they need to see each other.:scratch2:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the interview translations!!! I think that it is a good strategy not to add one more quad into his program and concentrate on polishing his programs/skating now. Besides, there is always the freedom that he could add it later in the season (as he did with second triple axel this year), IMO. The main thing is that he does not use too much time to practice an extra quad at the moment.

Last edited:

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I was thinking maybe he is concentrating in upgrading his transitions and other elements with the sight on the next olympic games, and add more quads later on, when he is more sure.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Javi will publish his autobiography next month!
https://instagram.com/p/BL3X3z6DLqg/

More information. http://www.mundodeportivo.com/depor...-a-la-cima-en-su-libro-bailando-el-hielo.html

The prologue will be written by Plushy and Brian and he will talk about everything that's happened in his career up until Worlds in Boston :)

A sneak peek of the prologue written by Brian:
"Sé que Javi siempre recordará de donde viene y quién ha marcado la diferencia. Él también ha enriquecido mi vida. Ambos fuimos criados de forma similar, tal vez sea una de las razones por las que nos llevamos tan bien. Siempre será humilde y esa es realmente la clave de su éxito"

"I know Javi will always remember where he comes from and who has made a difference. He has also made my life richer. We were both raised in a similar way, maybe that's one of the reasons why we get along so well. He will always be humble and that's really the key to his success"

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker

More information. http://www.mundodeportivo.com/depor...-a-la-cima-en-su-libro-bailando-el-hielo.html

The prologue will be written by Plushy and Brian and he will talk about everything that's happened in his career up until Worlds in Boston :)

"Sé que Javi siempre recordará de donde viene y quién ha marcado la diferencia. Él también ha enriquecido mi vida. Ambos fuimos criados de forma similar, tal vez sea una de las razones por las que nos llevamos tan bien. Siempre será humilde y esa es realmente la clave de su éxito"

"I know Javi will always remember where he comes from and who has made a difference. He has also made my life richer. We were both raised in a similar way, maybe that's one of the reasons why we get along so well. He will always be humble and that's really the key to his success"

I gave a little scream here - but in my defence... when two of one's fandoms collide.... :) I can't wait to see what nice things Plush has to say about Javi - I'm already getting warm & fuzzy emotions... and a little mushy... thinking about it.:)

agataquiroga

Rinkside

It's on my wishlist for Christmas.... (Although I don't know if I'll be able to wait 'till December hahahaha):hap57:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
How interesting. I wish I could speak spanish, I'd love to read that!

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Seems like it was released in Amazon for Kindle beforehand! I've already bought it, I'll try to find the time to read it and if there's anything new, I'll translate it :)

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
A bit of what Plushenko had to say about Javi.

He met him in Jaca, Spain, when he was 7 or 8 y/o, and he was a very bad skater back then :laugh:
He said Javier is a wonderful guy, a great friend and has an extraordinary personality. Despite his success, he is still the same person. He says his coach has helped him reach his dreams, and Javier tries to improve everyday. They are a true team.

He is sure Javier has switched the sports mentality in Spain, where soccer dominates; and he has placed Spanish skating in the map.

He is getting physically and mentally stronger. He said his concentration is one of his fortes, and he gets goosebumps when he sees him jump. He sees how happy Javier is and he tells him to pace himself and do things calmly. Everything will come with effort and confidence.

He is a great athlete and person, with his feet on the ground. His success has never gotten to his head and Plushy says Javier loves skating as much as he does. His advice for him is to keep skating forever, whether it’s in competition or for pleasure.

MeltedIce

On the Ice
Just a few days for Javi GP debut at the Rostelecom Cup, I'm so excited :yahoo:

After his comments about repeating the short program because it was not performed last year to its full potencial I'm wondering what changes we will see there. Do any of you have any news about it?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the men's event at Rostelcom is going to be really exciting -- Javi, Shoma, Deniss Vasiljevs, Mikhail Kolyada, Max Aaron, and others. Should be fun. Javi skated his Elvis FS at Japan Open and it looked really good. I'm sure he's made improvements since then too, so it should be even better! Vamos Javi!