Javier Fernandez | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I thought Javi trained in Spain and didn't have to fly over the ocean for Rostelecom Cup, am I wrong?

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I thought Javi trained in Spain and didn't have to fly over the ocean for Rostelecom Cup, am I wrong?

In the Ice Talk interview, which I assume was made this week, he said he was returning from Montreal to pick up his costume, so I guess he was in Canada.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
In the Ice Talk interview, which I assume was made this week, he said he was returning from Montreal to pick up his costume, so I guess he was in Canada.
I see (didn't listen tot that convo, so...) Anyways- he loves to compete in Russia and Russia loves him. Hope he has a great competition this time! Good luck!:cheer: #VamosJavi :rock:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Dropping by one last time to wish Javi good luck for tomorrow! He doesn't need to be at his best here (he should save that for the second half of the season), but I hope his showdown against Shoma will be an exciting one and that the audience enjoys his programs :yahoo:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I see (didn't listen tot that convo, so...) Anyways- he loves to compete in Russia and Russia loves him. Hope he has a great competition this time! Good luck!:cheer: #VamosJavi :rock:

I'm listening to the Ice Talk interview right now. Very interesting...Mucha suerte Javi!

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain

evergreen

On the Ice
And one with the blades (not quite sure what the deal is with the series of photos with blades...):

Something to do with promotion of blades? as I asaw a photo taken by Prof. Mishin and Brain Orser together, each holding a blade too :rolleye:

Last edited:

JuliettaG

On the Ice
Is the costume for the short program? Idk I find it a bit plane, last year's was better for Malagueña IMO.It looks great on Javi for sure but... Anyway good luck today! I look forward to watching him with Paloma and Susana comentaries.

Last edited:

MeltedIce

On the Ice
He looked a bit disappointed with his performance and it's going to be tough to beat Shoma in the FP, but I enjoyed it all the same. ¡Vamos Javi! :luv17:

liv

Record Breaker
I also like the new costume. Yes, it is plain, but that's ok. I thought last year's was great, he portrayed the classical image and this year it's a more modern, minimalistic costume, more letting the skating do the talking. He and Patrick do look very similar, however.

it wasn't the best performance for Javi, but his mistakes are typical of early November and he usually builds at the right time, so it's a good start. Not sure if he can catch Shoma if Shoma performs his free like he did at SA, but it will be good to get the program out there to see the reaction and to get miles on it etc.. He's always character driven and those programs need some time to cook to get the nuances, etc., exactly right.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
So, still no perfect Malaguena. Performance was quite good (as maybe expected for a repeat program), but technically it was a bit of a bomb - the combo with negative goe, the 3S, AND all three spins only level 3... Thank judges for the high PCS score!

He will be skating last tomorrow: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gprus2016/gprus2016_Men_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

If he wants to be sure get a chance to get the GP final crown, he has to be 2nd or win here as well as in Paris next week. However, not sure if two 2nd places will do it.

e

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, still no perfect Malaguena. Performance was quite good (as maybe expected for a repeat program), but technically it was a bit of a bomb - the combo with negative goe, the 3S, AND all three spins only level 3... Thank judges for the high PCS score!

He will be skating last tomorrow: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gprus2016/gprus2016_Men_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

If he wants to be sure get a chance to get the GP final crown, he has to be 2nd or win here as well as in Paris next week. However, not sure if two 2nd places will do it.

e

It's interesting how in the beginning of the season, the skaters don't seem to have their timing quite right. That's how I felt about Javi. Love the simple costume and can't wait to see the Elvis program.

evergreen

On the Ice
Taking one-week off ice is a big deal during the season, especially no more than two weeks before the 1st international competition, let alone Javi started the training quite late as usual; so Brian did not expect a blast from Javi, so did I after listening the icetalk hosted by Jackie Wong. Anyway, I enjoyed his performance, wish Javi can have a good rest over night and deliver a good free program tomorrow.

Last edited:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Enjoyed the performance by Javi. A very fluid performance minus the jump errors shame about the levek on the spins though. Also I prefer this costume and no beard look. Much more sophisticated and clean than the previous one.

musicfan80

Medalist
Overall great GP debut this season! I really like this SP and it's potential, but I hope he works on his spins so he can get Level 4s.