Javier Fernandez | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Karma for making fun of Yuzuru's Winnie-the-Pooh tissue box (when he wasn't yet Yuzuru's coach) ;).

Just hope he doesn't get confused as to which tissue box cover goes to whom. Color-wise Pooh should have been Javier's.

Meoima

Match Penalty
What did he said? Please tell me... :D
Here it is:
In an interview, his coach Brian Orser said that he would see Hanyu at competitions before Hanyu made the switch to train with Orser in Toronto. Orser knew he was immensely talented but always thought it was odd how he carried a Winnie the pooh tissue box around.
"I always thought he was that weird kid with the Winnie the pooh doll. Now I’m that kid’s coach…and I have to carry it," said Orser.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Hehe I think we Yuzuru fans are hijacking Javier's thread, but....Anyway our Mrs. P was able to talk to Brian Orser at the 2012 SA (Yuzuru's first competition with him as coach) and posted this:
On a lighter note, the topic of the Pooh tissue box came up and he said, "When he was not my student I used to make fun of that. Now I have to hold it." He said this in a good natured way. We all laughed.

PS. Thanks Meoima for replying to the query while I was "away." And to return to Javier, I wonder whether he will also unveil any new quad jumps in exhibitions soon.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I guess Javi already landed 4loop several times, or else Hanyu shouldn't have to rush for his 4loop attempts these recent days.
Is there any chance that Javi would have 4 quads in the long program? Is that possible? Javi has a strong built, which would help him a lots with his jumps.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Javier can do a 4Q LP and 2Q SP, and he would get a monstrous TES for that. Javier's PCS as we saw at Worlds and the Olympics is not too shabby either.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Orser somewhere said 4 quads are possible in LP as I remember, but I don't think he will go for 4, at least not next season

^Javier can do a 4Q LP and 2Q SP, and he would get a monstrous TES for that. Javier's PCS as we saw at Worlds and the Olympics is not too shabby either.

SP is much more harder case. Kovtun and Reynolds have 2 quads in SP but they never had really monstrus TES in SP. Javier quads are pretty consistent and good quality so it could work for him.

If you can make them work in SP in very good quality then you will get your reward.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Yes, it will be exciting to see how Javier's programs develop leading to the 2018 Olympics. If ever he does a 2Q Sp and 4QLP, he will really be tough to beat. Others may have to rely on him making a mistake (popping a quad, etc.) to get past him. As Europe's no. 1 for two years running, he also has the reputation now to get high PCS.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Yes, it will be exciting to see how Javier's programs develop leading to the 2018 Olympics. If ever he does a 2Q Sp and 4QLP, he will really be tough to beat. Others may have to rely on him making a mistake (popping a quad, etc.) to get past him. As Europe's no. 1 for two years running, he also has the reputation now to get high PCS.

I think you are getting too much in to future :biggrin: Number of quads will not make you hard to beat because you have 3 or 4 quads. First you have to do those 4 quads , and then you have to do rest of the program also. Like current worlds showed, 3 quads will not make work for you if you will make mistake on something that looks overall easier than quad

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday to skating's Mr. Congeniality, Javier Fernandez!

As my country used to be under Spain (hence our mostly Hispanized names), I have always had a soft spot for Javier, and it seems I am not the only one. People just light up around Javier. In one video I saw, the choreographer David Wilson had a quite serious mien in explaining his take on what makes Patrick and Yuzuru special, but when he talked about Javier he became so animated and his (David's) eyes) had a sparkle.

This coming quad, I look for Javier to be a podium threat in every competition he enters. I also wish he does a program that will highlight his Spanish heritage. Vamos Javier!

nimi

Medalist
Happy Birthday to skating's Mr. Congeniality, Javier Fernandez!
:hb::hb::hb:

This coming quad, I look for Javier to be a podium threat in every competition he enters. I also wish he does a program that will highlight his Spanish heritage. Vamos Javier!
Well, the GPF will be held in Spain, so I have a feeling Javier will take that into account and your wish might come true!

Meoima

Match Penalty
:hb::hb::hb:
Well, the GPF will be held in Spain, so I have a feeling Javier will take that into account and your wish might come true!
Happy birthday Mr. Superman!!! Gonna go to his Instagram to send some happy emoticons.:yay:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

:agree:

Barcelona, right? I wonder how he feels about that as a Real Madrid fan ;).

Anyway, I'm sure all Spain will be rooting for him! I mean how can you not help but root for the guy? Even Yuzuru, who's ubercompetitive, does!