Carolina Kostner | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Lucky juniors to have Caro as their instructor. She is a master at skating skills and to pass it on to the youngsters is so important to our sport.

msadot

On the Ice
The Road To 300 and To Milano-Cortina 2026 goes on.

According to her IGram:

New costumes with Svarowski
Sharp blades
Negramaro

Onto the next, Caro!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, I'm still dreaming to see her at the Olympics in 2026. Hey, I'm allowed to dream at least, right? :)

If she comes back, I'd be delighted to see her. She's... well, she's Carolina Kostner, do we really need any other superlatives to describe her? If not, she had a wonderful and inspiring career. It would still hurt a bit... knowing that she'll never compete again. :(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Speaking of which, does anybody know, who is or was the oldest active lady skater?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My guess would be Ethel Muckelt, who was active at least until she was 40. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethel_Muckelt

In modern/recent times, probably Butyrskaya? She was three months from turning 30 when she retired in 2002. So Kostner surpassed her in 2019.

Zoe Jones is 39 and still competing in pairs; she was competing in singles at international level until she was 36 (Triglav Trophy in the 2015-16 season). I'd love to see Kostner compete again at full power, but more than that I want her to be healthy and pain-free and able to skate for as long as she wants even if it's show skating only.

msadot

On the Ice
Road To 300 - Milano 2026

Taking Inspiration from "Romeo E Giulietta" In Verona.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Milano 2026 is a little bit far in my opinion!

But we will see her again in the near future: she has recently said in an interview on an italian tv that she has no intention to leave figure skating now!!!

msadot

On the Ice
Caro in Milan tonight talking about her future : she will soon be back piling up medals and scores. Milano 2026, Here She Comes! PLUS... Some kind of glamorous project.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Caro in Milan tonight talking about her future : she will soon be back piling up medals and scores. Milano 2026, Here She Comes! PLUS... Some kind of glamorous project.

[emoji178][emoji178][emoji960] I’d love this. I really miss her on the circuit.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy

mmmm I don't understand her words, I mean, she had been touring for over a month in Canada and now I was expecting her to compete at nationals but apparently she's still injured...
Why didn't she stay at home and tried to recover instead of touring? I'm not sure she really wants to come back, maybe she is just holding up the announcement for some reasons, maybe because Italy does not have any top athlete that can replace her and not announcing her retirement can be a strategy to keep figure skating popular until Italy finds a replacement, if this can ever happen... but these are only my thoughts of course...

P.s. I have nothing against her, actually she's the reason why I started following and practicing this sport but simply I don't believe in a possible comeback anymore... I will be glad to be wrong about that