Carolina Kostner | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I can only say: Yes please. :pray: But I‘ll be honest, I selfishly hope she‘ll go to Euros next year as they might be in my country and it would probably my best chance to see one of her performances live...

Hopefully, she competes the entire season if she decides to continue. I would love to see her at Worlds :)

npavel

On the Ice
It all depends on if she manages to readjust her skating to the hip problems she has. They are not going away any more

Fluture

Record Breaker
Hopefully, she competes the entire season if she decides to continue. I would love to see her at Worlds :)

I would like for her to be healthy most of all. She has had a looooong and very successful career and is a rolemodel and inspiration for many in this sport. Her artistry is something truly special and she manages to involve the audience in her programs even if they aren‘t particularly busy and don‘t have as many transitions as the current programs might have. I love both styles but Caro‘s pure technique, her wonderful jumps and skating skills and her maturity have always been a breath of fresh air for me, no matter when she competed. I wish we could see more skaters compete as long as her and witness their stories and the journey they take to mature and improve in their skating. So, even if she retired next year due to whatever reasons, I would accept it because she‘s done so much for this sport.

However, I would REALLY love to see her compete live. And she‘ll be missed in the sports, honestly, Worlds and Euros doesn‘t feel right without Caro at this point. If her health allows it, she will come back next season, I‘m sure of that. If not... well, every show will be delighted to have her, so we‘d get plenty of chances to see her. ;)

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just finished creating Carolina's OP. I was reviewing some of the "veteran" ladies threads and discovered Carolina did not have a decent OP, so I collected all the info about her programs and results and all the videos I could find so that all the fans can have her career summary in one place. I hope you'll enjoy it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Rumors from L'Equipe about Caro missing WC19 due to a trauma.
Any confirmations?

International Figure Skating magazine posted the following on their Facebook page this afternoon:

Carolina Kostner has just returned to the ice after suffering a foot fracture. She will not compete at the World Championships next month.

"I never thought that this season would have taken a turn like that and I must say that the fracture of the foot, was completely unexpected, I felt a little demoralized at the beginning. But then I also turned the time into something steady and useful dedicating myself, apart from the initial rest due to the injury, to all activity outside the ice. Now I have also taken up dance and I am happy to be able to resume my work on the ice".

Source: https://www.facebook.com/IFSmagazine/posts/10158158945737538

They accompanied it with a link to the following article, which was their source:

https://www.adnkronos.com/sport/201...er-salta-mondiali_HCE3iJADi5S1m6GVF1MtyO.html

Haven't come accross the ADN Kronos news agency before, so I have no idea if it is reputable or if it is one of these places that twists what is said. After all, the quote from Carolina that they used in the story makes no mention of Worlds.

CaroLiza_fan

npavel

On the Ice
Carolina is not going to worlds. My surce is reliable. There were different papers mention it yesterday, as she she had officialy announced it yesterday, but I know it already some day before.

doublequad

On the Ice
Was watching her old programs... she used to do 3Lz-3T and 2A-Eu-3S combos... man if she was consistent and brought that TES she would have beaten Yuna and everyone else. And those 3-turns into her 3Lo oh man

LynsJ

On the Ice
Was watching her old programs... she used to do 3Lz-3T and 2A-Eu-3S combos... man if she was consistent and brought that TES she would have beaten Yuna and everyone else. And those 3-turns into her 3Lo oh man

I’ve loved watching her over the years.
It would be great to see her do another season [emoji7]

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I’ve loved watching her over the years.
It would be great to see her do another season [emoji7]

Oh, definitely! Apart from anything else, I really want to see her live before she bows out of competition.

Here's her latest statement, from 2 hours ago:

Unfortunately I can’t participate in Fantasy on Ice in Japan this year. My hip chondropathy requires a change of my programs. I am sure I will be back very soon. A big hug to all my Japanese fans and friends! ����⛸❤ #CaroOnIce

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxRnB-8n9Q5/

On the one hand, it's not a good sign that her injury means that she has had to make changes to her programmes.

HOWEVER, the fact that she is able to make changes to her programmes that will accomodate her injury is also a good sign.

Of course it will be highly disappointing for her fans that were going to Fantasy On Ice that she won't be there. But, I'm sure they will be philosphical about it, and want her to concentrate on her recovery rather than ploughing on and doing things that could set her back further.

All the best, Caro!

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^^^ Thanks for the update. She is well loved in Japan and she will be missed, but health comes first.

Her hip injury sounds a bit chronic and she may have to curtail her jumps in the future. There is so much more
to her skating than jumps, she is after all the "Goddess on Ice". Wishing Caro the best in her recovery.

msadot

On the Ice
Just like Ms. Mancini said, Caro is in Rome and was interwied by Rai Italian TV.

Here s to a medal filled season! She is working on something great with Lori.

TA91

Rinkside
I've been thinking and I really wish Carolina would have been able to medal at the 2018 World's. It would have been a perfect send-off, especially since she was at home. Now I feel like she's looking for that time to retire but I don't know any event that would be able to really do that, maybe Nationals or Europeans. But maybe Milan was fine on it's own. I mean yes there's the fourth place, but the picture everyone remembers is the magnificent and captivating short that made her only the third lady ever to score 80 and the last before the scoring change.

msadot

On the Ice
According to "TG2 Motori" and confirmed by her igram stories (sort of)... Medals will keep pouring! Until 2026?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Will Caro compete next season? I miss her skating. I know she‘s been around for a long time and had she medaled at Worlds this year it might have been easier for me to let her go but like this... If she‘s healthy, I still have hope to see her next season competing. She‘s just... one of a kind.

halulupu

Final Flight
Will Caro compete next season? I miss her skating. I know she‘s been around for a long time and had she medaled at Worlds this year it might have been easier for me to let her go but like this... If she‘s healthy, I still have hope to see her next season competing. She‘s just... one of a kind.
Seems like. She is in Oberstdorf ATM. She did two Interviews at italian national tv