Carolina Kostner | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

alebi

Medalist
Caro's personality seems so different when she skates and when she's outside :biggrin:

FS.Addict

Rinkside
I hate this time of the year when nothing happens in figure skating world :(
I think we'll know about her more after the shows.

lbc2138

On the Ice
I hate this time of the year when nothing happens in figure skating world :(
I think we'll know about her more after the shows.

news about placements are supposed to come out end of may/early June if I'm not mistaken.. just a bit more waiting to go :\

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Carolina is a sentimental favorite

but I hope she retires
she is a World Champion and an Olympic medalist already
she has nothing else to prove unless she wants to become a Fumie Suguri

BusyMom

Medalist
Carolina is a sentimental favorite

but I hope she retires
she is a World Champion and an Olympic medalist already
she has nothing else to prove unless she wants to become a Fumie Suguri

The situation in Italian team is different from Japanese. Carol could have a few more season without any real competitors. As long as she still enjoy skating, Italy more than happy to have her around.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The situation in Italian team is different from Japanese. Carol could have a few more season without any real competitors. As long as she still enjoy skating, Italy more than happy to have her around.

but some will get tired of her
sooner or later the judges too will start to dump her and her PCS along with her TES will plummet if she continues
her technical prime has long passed, the udges already rewarded her win an OBM and WBM. I'd say Caro can now call it a Career !

BusyMom

Medalist
but some will get tired of her
sooner or later the judges too will start to dump her and her PCS along with her TES will plummet if she continues
her technical prime has long passed, the udges already rewarded her win an OBM and WBM. I'd say Caro can now call it a Career !

I feel funny every time I have to say I agree with you. Since in this case you're not really OTT, I'm a bit more at ease. I understand your point and agree with it to some extent. But come on, chill out a bit here. Her age won't allow her to go for the whole quad anyway. One or two seasons won't hurt. She will be a major road block for up-and-coming skaters in a good way. Most of veterans either retire or take a break next season which means we're going to see a lot of jumping beans winning with ridiculous pcs. At least Carol will show us some more of her superior skating skills.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I feel funny every time I have to say I agree with you. Since in this case you're not really OTT, I'm a bit more at ease. I understand your point and agree with it to some extent. But come on, chill out a bit here. Her age won't allow her to go for the whole quad anyway. One or two seasons won't hurt. She will be a major road block for up-and-coming skaters in a good way. Most of veterans either retire or take a break next season which means we're going to see a lot of jumping beans winning with ridiculous pcs. At least Carol will show us some more of her superior skating skills.

she'll look out of place, its all about the new blood skaters next season
her staying until 2018 is questionable, same as Mao's

BusyMom

Medalist
she'll look out of place, its all about the new blood skaters next season
her staying until 2018 is questionable, same as Mao's

Thank god her future is not in your hands. :biggrin: How charming, or lack thereof, will be for senior scene with no maturity in sight. You have your preference of young hot and beauty. Others prefer the actual beauty of figure skating. No matter what, I'm sure at the end of the day the politicking in ISU will beat both yours and mine anytime.

Her staying through to OG2018 will be impossible anyway. No point of keep going there.

Manitou

Medalist
Wasn't it Carolina watching Nadal - Djokovic at the 5-3 for Novak in the third set?