Carolina Kostner | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

SXTN

Final Flight
mmmm I don't understand her words, I mean, she had been touring for over a month in Canada and now I was expecting her to compete at nationals but apparently she's still injured...
Why didn't she stay at home and tried to recover instead of touring? I'm not sure she really wants to come back, maybe she is just holding up the announcement for some reasons, maybe because Italy does not have any top athlete that can replace her and not announcing her retirement can be a strategy to keep figure skating popular until Italy finds a replacement, if this can ever happen... but these are only my thoughts of course...

P.s. I have nothing against her, actually she's the reason why I started following and practicing this sport but simply I don't believe in a possible comeback anymore... I will be glad to be wrong about that

I agree. There must be some strategic reason why she has not announced her retirement yet. Maybe what you said, maybe because of sponsors... But I highly doubt she will come back to competitions. She is almost 33 and she has not jumped for over a year, so it is unlikely.

msadot

On the Ice
apparently she's still injured...

She said the pain at her hip came again. (Hope My Translation Is Clear).

BUT... Oly 2026, There She Comes!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
The problem is not your translation that it is reporting exactly what she said (btw I don’t need any translation cause I am Italian and listened to her interview). I still chose the word “apparently” because, honestly, I find strange that she can participate to a long tour like Rock the Rink tour even if injured...That’s why I lost all my hopes to see her competing again in the near future and even more in Cortina 2026.

halulupu

Final Flight
she is now training with liu. so maybe they have a deal. she will teach the little girl some ss and speed. and in return she will learn some quads from her. Milano here we go:agree: I belive in our girl

icetug

Medalist
I'd say it's a strategic waiting... Last time she returned some 15 months before Olympics and this was enough time to build her reputation back. Don't think she's eager to stay competetive for a longer time as she's not 15 anymore and she probably wouldn't be able to train really hard for more than 15-18 months. What's also important, the situation in fs is different now comparing last Olympic cycle because of the quadsters - but nobody knows how long the girls are in their best shape. So she's enjoying her life as a celebrated skater and waiting to decide: is her come back possible or should she retire. Still she has a year to make up her mind.

TA91

Rinkside
I hope everything turns out ok for her. To be honest at this point I wouldn't be surprised if she competed in another Olympics, it really does seem like she yearns for the ice. It's not really like there is anyone in the wings who is too competitive for her yet at home so if she could help Italy get a team medal, I think she would consider it.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wishing Caro a speedy recovery from her hip surgery. I still miss the "Goddess on Ice".

msadot

On the Ice
The Road To 300 goes on.

Like her manager ms Mancini and journalist Arianna Secondini said... Yes, Caro plans to get home another Oly medal! Cortina 2026, here she comes!

http://bit.ly/2Tbh5Kl

msadot

On the Ice
From the interview: Milano Cortina 2026. (And some quadruples on the road to 300 points).

msadot

On the Ice
Confirmed on TV2000 for the millionth time: Caro plans Oly 2026 (and, obviously, medals).

npavel

On the Ice
no, she never confirmed that. She said she will be there in some way. She is not skating since quite a long time (the only skating after worlds 2018 were a few galas, with no jumps. Right now she doesn't know how her hip will be once she can go back on ice.
“Quello che è sicuro è che non appendo i pattini al chiodo: sogno di continuare a condividere le mie emozioni sul ghiaccio con le persone, a prescindere che si tratti di una gara, di un’esibizione, di altri progetti in cantiere o di Cortina 2026, anche se l’idea di rivivere un’Olimpiade nel proprio paese – confessa – è bellissima”.
this is not a confirmation she will go back on competition again. And in TV2000 she didn't say anything different

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Once More: during an interview, Caro confirmed it again: she'll be at the Oly 2022. She hopes in Milano Cortina 2026.

She never said that. Actually, today she said something very different from what you have written here.
Post your sources please