Carolina Kostner | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

MiRé

Match Penalty
Woah, last reply was on 7/19....any updates on her current status?? Is she doing any ice shows? competitions??

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I posted this comment in the Doping Ban thread about an hour ago, but thought I should post it here too, just in case anybody missed it.

OK, so it was also an excuse to bump her up! (Caro really shouldn't be on the FOURTH page of the Fan Fest Forum!!! 😲 )

CaroLiza_fan

When I was looking for the Julia Antipova thread the other day, I noticed that the Doping Ban thread was also on the final page of the forum. And seeing it again started me wondering if there was any more news on Carolina's situation.

Well, last night, she appeared on the RAI1 chat show "Porta a Porta".

I have to say, massive kudos goes out to the makers of this programme. Let's face it, how often does a mainstream programme on the main TV channel in a country dedicate a whole half-hour to figure skating?! :points:

For those that can speak Italian (and those that just want to see her!), here is the link to the programme on RAI's On Demand service (not geo-blocked in th UK):

http://www.rai.tv/dl/replaytv/repla...y=2015-06-29&ch=1&v=533935&vd=2015-06-29&vc=1

Caro's segment of the programme starts at 1h 24m 30s, and lasts to the end of the programme.

Thanks to Wolfie at the IceSkating&Ritmica Forum for the link. :bow: It is so good to see Caro again! :love:

For those (like me!) that don't speak Italian, another member of that forum has very kindly done a summary in English of what Caro said. Here is the direct link to that post:

http://skating-ritmica.forumfree.it/?t=42525234&st=825#entry576204811

Thank you so much to AllieLex for doing the translation. :bow: :points: We really appreciate it!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
Hi all,
I was recently looking for Carolina's Sochi Olympics videos at ladies singles competition. Surprisingly, I could find only a few fan cams or some very low quality videos, no "official" ones. So, could someone share links for her Sochi performances? I also wonder why is it like that with Carolina, is it Italian copyright laws?

Spindrift

Rinkside
Hi all,
I was recently looking for Carolina's Sochi Olympics videos at ladies singles competition. Surprisingly, I could find only a few fan cams or some very low quality videos, no "official" ones. So, could someone share links for her Sochi performances? I also wonder why is it like that with Carolina, is it Italian copyright laws?

Hi Lipea,

The thread "Videos from Sochi" has a lot of links, many of which still seem to be active. Alba put a huge amount of effort into this thread - Thanks, Alba!

On page 17, Alba's post #177 has her (Alba's) Vimeo links for many skaters, with videos of Carolina's performances (SP, FS and Gala) near the bottom of Page 2 - again, still active for me. If you're also interested in the Team Event, Alba's post #18 gives a link for an NBC Vimeo video of Carolina's SP.

I only looked at a few of the video links in the "Videos from Sochi" thread, but hopefully this will help to get you started.

These videos bring back lots of fond memories of Sochi!

Lipea

Final Flight
Thank you tons, Spindrift and Alba!:clap: I remember I could not find them a year ago either, but I didn't ask here then.
It's surprising that Carolina's thread has so little discussion despite her long career. Both her last season Bolero and Ave Maria (my favorite) were indeed astonishing!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh my her skating is looking fabulous! It will be wonderful so see the Goddess on Ice competing again!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Hey guys, any news on her programs this season? And if the ban is lifted on Jan 1, 2016, does that mean she misses Italian nationals and has to skate in a bunch of smaller events to qualify for worlds?