Practices | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practices

Country
Russia
Ah ok, I thought perhaps that his father had been sick for a longer time, but this is really absolutely horrible for him - 3 days ago....:-(

His father was not sick. His death was sudden, 20 Jan.
And at early morning 21 Jan Maxim Trankov flied to Zagreb.
No interwievs with him (it's understandable). Piseev told that to take place in Euro was Maxim Trankov's own solution.
Рis father wanted very much the best results for Maxim and wouldn't like to hinder it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I managed to see two groups of practice but I didnt take notes, the practice rink is like open air, so freezing and uncomfortable.
Verner did run through, great 3 axel, was cheerful for so morning, Fernandez had a bad practice, two bad falls on quad , didnt do run through after that and did three more attempts, Plush didnt do run through, quad , rest jumbs ok, and then fall. Next in starting order is Pfeiffer with Moonlight Sonata:biggrin: I dont remember the name of Monaco skaters, he has strange program, I m happy to see Chaffik too! During last group on the ice I left.

jiggs

On the Ice
Saw the last group of ladies.

Carolina was amazing. Her jumps are of such high quality and cover so much height and distance, there is no comparison to the other girls. 3l, 3sal2t2l, 3sal, 3t, 3lz, 3lzfall, 3l, 3sal2t2l, 3sal, 3f3t :yay:, 3lz3t :yay:, 2a, 2a. All jumps perfectly done. Gorgeous movements, lovely steps.

Adelina was very good too. Hardly any mistakes on the jumps. Saw 3l, 3sal, 2a3t, 3lz hand down, 3lz3t (shaky) :yay:, 3f. Some small wobbles here and there but overall very strong. Jumps are very high but don't cover nearly as much distance as Carolina's and her technique on some of the jumps is questionable. Aweful program

Elizaveta got on the ice and started jumping straight away. Jumped for the whole session. Hit or miss, but mostly hit. Saw her do 2a3t, 3l, 3sal3t :yay: but not 3lz3t as far as I could see. She was doubling a lot of her lz attempts.

Marchei was pretty solid. She fell on a 2a3t attempt but later landed a successful one. Lots of 3lz and 3sal (I feel like those are the only two 3s she did and plans to include in her program apart from the 2a3t).

Didn't pay attention on the other ladies, too busy watching the top 4!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I would love to see Caro's 3F-3T back, I don't dare to dream to see her land 3Lz-3T again though. What's wrong with Liza and her 3lutzes??