Country
United-States
Press release

Men

Patrick Chan, 22, Toronto, Ont.
Kevin Reynolds, 22, Coquitlam, B.C.
One athlete to be named later.

Ice Dance
Tessa Virtue, 22, London, Ont. / Scott Moir, 24, Ilderton, Ont.
Piper Gilles, 20, Toronto, Ont. /Paul Poirier, 21, Unionville, Ont.
One team to be named later.

Pair
Meagan Duhamel, 27, Lively, Ont. / Eric Radford, 27, Balmertown, Ont.
Kirsten Moore-Towers, 20, St. Catharines, Ont. / Dylan Moscovitch, 28, Toronto, Ont.

Ladies
Kaetlyn Osmond, 17, Marystown, Nfld. & Sherwood Park, Alberta

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I dunno why they don't just give the men's spot to Rogozine. I don't think Balde's going to do any better.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Please tell me they're just going to give the spot to Rogozine and not make him skate off against Balde again or something! Rogozine is clearly the better choice!

rvi5

On the Ice
Skate Canada tweeted a couple hours ago, that Rogozine has been added to the World team. Ice Dance is still open, likely awaiting news from W/P.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From the tweet that was given from Ryan Piette (spelling all messed up), the W&P announcement should be fairly soon.

They gave the spot to him, but had the skate-off to do it. Rogozine won two of two.

Wow.. That really shows Skate Canada are hell bent against him. He has beaten Balde at Nationals, he has beaten him by a massive margin at 4CC and now he needed to prove he is better yet again? :rolleye:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Wow.. That really shows Skate Canada are hell bent against him. He has beaten Balde at Nationals, he has beaten him by a massive margin at 4CC and now he needed to prove he is better yet again? :rolleye:

Sorry, I meant that they had a skate off at Nationals: Rogozine won. And they had a skate off at 4CC. Rogozine won.

If Balde had beaten Rogozine at Nationals but the other way around occured at 4CC, I think Balde would've gotten it (the minimums were already lowered by 4CC, so he'd already had them).

Coriana

On the Ice
Balde's and Rogozine's scores at Nationals were very close as I recall. The situation was similar to Phaneuf and LaCoste last year when Skate Canada waited till after 4cc to make a decision.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Balde's and Rogozine's scores at Nationals were very close as I recall. The situation was similar to Phaneuf and LaCoste last year when Skate Canada waited till after 4cc to make a decision.

Yeah, and I think they definitely made the wrong decision last year to wait until 4CC. It made a lot more sense this year with Rogozine and Balde, actually.