Elena Radionova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

LRK

Record Breaker
This is from her interview after Junior Worlds - posted by Sara here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ies-Free-Skate&p=889084&viewfull=1#post889084

"(On her music choice) The music actually is not from the movie Frida, but from a group named Frida, and someone arranged it especially for me."

Though from what Alba says it seems that Elena is mistaken when she says the GROUP is called Frida? But anyway, that is a small detail - and the interview is really interesting and I'd rec it to those who haven't read it already. She seems such a happy, cheerful girl - I do wonder what she will skate to next year? I really loved her SP this year - though that is not so strange when she was skating to one of my favourite Two Steps pieces. But her exuberance and lightness and joy had something to do with it too. ;)

Imagine

Medalist
Ok I found it. :yay:
It's called Frida from the album "Have You Met Miss Bates?" by Rope, an electro-acoustic duo from Poland.

Awesome! So it's not from the movie! That's where I got confused...

MaoAsadaFan

Spectator
She's the best of the bunch. Excellent height on jumps, not short of rotation enough to be under rotated (She struggles a bit sometime to make the full rotation, a bit offsetting) and beautiful line, great speed and beautiful spin positions. She also really relates to her music. Give her room to mature and I see a new world champion and a new olympic champion.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re:Elena FS music:

I purchased the whole album "Have You Met Miss Bates" by Rope. Let me tell you I loved it. Very understated jazz but complete enough to convey emotion. I have been running and listening to it nearly everyday for about two weeks now.

Any news on Elena? Any footage of her at Ice Shows? Haven't heard much since JWC.

Jewels

On the Ice
There was a Korean documentary recently featuring Elena's dancing/skating lessons, training, and interviews about Russia's training condition. (The program was about how Korea's fs environment sucks lol anyway Elena came out about 3 minutes, +Julia's coach and other little Russian skaters too) She' really cute btw :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Building a first place podium?? Maybe the whole thing for her fellow Russian ladies too. --sweep--

Can't stop laughing about Russia doesn't have that technology :rofl:

YLFan

Match Penalty
She looks good. If she would get rid of that bun she skates in my like of her would go up alot.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Woops! sorry for messing up the link for the Zombie program :eek::

Anyway, I agree! Elena is so entertaining to watch! :clap: She truly skates with passion and dynamo.