Han Yan | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

musicfan80

Medalist
YAY! - I am also hoping that we see Han in some shows! Han's skating is perfect for the expression needed for shows. :yes:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States

Thanks for the link. Bummed I missed this.

I have so many mixed feelings about him turning pro and no longer being on Team China... I'm going to miss him so much this season. I feel kind of bitter about him not being supported in the best way by the fed, and I hope he can find peace in pro skating... he doesn't seem entirely happy with the humdrum as a competitor, seems like he's felt obligated and constrained for a while. Obviously he's a great fit to skate shows and it allows him more freedom and opportunity in doing what he loves to do, which is skate. I just wish things had turned out differently.

But nothing is set in stone. He alludes in the interview to the possibility of going back to competing for China someday. Maybe if he can strike the balance he's seeking out, and the timing and offers are right. He is still so young, and I would love to see him attain the success I know he's capable of someday.

It makes me so sad to see him say he chose to drop off the team because he didn't want to "make trouble." I get the sense that's not the whole story and that he's just resigned to it.

What a two sides of the coin situation. I wish him the best and hope to see him soon.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
There's a lot of time till Cup of China, but I still celebrate he's on the list at least! :dance2:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Am so glad, too, to see his name on GP series again. :dance:

His skating skills and HUuuuuge 3A are to die for! :cool: When a skater like Han Yan can have two clean skates in one competition, s/he can easily be a gamechanger heading into 2022 for sure. :cool:
He's enjoying himself is the most important thing, of course, but can't wait to watch him on competitive ice again, can we?! :yahoo:

Let's wish Han good luck with no more injury this season! :hap10::hap10::hap10:

shine

Record Breaker
Just saw his new Lalaland LP - so beautiful and emotional!! I love his skating. It would be so wonderful if he could make a come back this season after all these years.

OniBan

Final Flight
So glad that Han(some) Yan is back!!! Looking forward to seeing how his season unfold - he has always been such a beautiful performer.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I know it probably won't last but today I celebrate! :hap10: :yahoo: :dance: :hap93: :love:

Cheers to Han Yan and his glorious come back! :coffee: (only coffee is alcoholic beverage in my case :p )