Anna Pogorilaya | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

Meoima

Match Penalty
Russian girls have so much potential, sigh, I don't know which one should I vote for next season. Crying!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Interesting point: Anna had beaten olympic champion Sotnikova and bronze medalist Kostner in first competition of season for them and won at Cup of China!!

After that competition she took a lot of attention from media, and lots of interviews were published. Some were arranged to cause scandal between Anna and Adelina.

But I think Anna it's obvious that Anna is in Julia's camp side whom she also train in the same skating club. She had told in her interviews after COC that Lipnitskaya is working hard and deserves to be in Olympic Games. And she told that she knows she herself is B level skater for Russia, but I could see she still wanted to prove herself over Adelina. I believe she wanted to get that 2nd spot for Sochi.

This was a really great season for a 15 years old skater, who came out of nowhere last year and wanted to prove herself to her federation and all the world!!! 3rd place in the FS and 4th place overall is still very good achievement for a debutant. If Caro made one more mistake in the short or free, Anna would easily reach bronze medal.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This was a really great season for a 15 years old skater, who came out of nowhere last year and wanted to prove herself to her federation and all the world!!! 3rd place in the FS and 4th place overall is still very good achievement for a debutant. If Caro made one more mistake in the short or free, Anna would easily reach bronze medal.
Anna should have gotten the bronze if that hadn't been intended to be Caro's farewell gift. I am rooting for her!! She is amazing!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Interesting point: Anna had beaten olympic champion Sotnikova and bronze medalist Kostner in first competition of season for them and won at Cup of China!!

After that competition she took a lot of attention from media, and lots of interviews were published. Some were arranged to cause scandal between Anna and Adelina.

But I think Anna it's obvious that Anna is in Julia's camp side whom she also train in the same skating club. She had told in her interviews after COC that Lipnitskaya is working hard and deserves to be in Olympic Games. And she told that she knows she herself is B level skater for Russia, but I could see she still wanted to prove herself over Adelina. I believe she wanted to get that 2nd spot for Sochi.

Anna skated well enough for silver but the names got the scores. She has a super debut at worlds. Her potential is vast in my opinion.

Anna may be friends with Yulia as they train at the same club. But I wonder if Yulia and Adelina see Anna as a threat to their futures on ice. I bet they do.

Caro was way over scored. Anna ended up a staggering 6.33 points behind Caro. Hard to believe. Even if Caro fell a second time Anna may not still have gotten the bronze. They wanted to send carlina out in style and they did.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
someone in the FS keeps mentioning Regina George and kept laughing on Anna
whos Regina ? :confused:

usethis2

Medalist
I wholeheartedly agree with those who said she was underscored, and not just slightly at all. I don't think judges have really any clue as to how to be consistent in giving PCSs for the entire event and they probably don't even remember what number they gave to the skaters in the previous group. Just my opinion but ranking Anna third at the end of the SP after Mao and Carolina would have made the most sense to me.
I do think she was underscored in SP but her FS music was awful. She was not able to convey or interpret it at all. It was like she was doing a test skating to some background music from elsewhere.

Anyhow, this girl's future is bright. She is the most impressive youngster I've seen by far in this WC. Actually, I was impressed by her before the WC (see page 1 of this thread) and the WC basically confirmed it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
someone in the FS keeps mentioning Regina George and kept laughing on Anna
whos Regina ? :confused:

I googled her and found several intriguing possibilities. I'm guessing its from Mean Girls.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Anna Pogorilaya wants to skate to Memoirs of a Geisha next season
but her coach and choreographer does not like it, they said she is blonde
and she doesn't want to dye it black either, they are thinking of maybe using a black wig, maybe that was a joke lol

Alba

Record Breaker
Anna Pogorilaya wants to skate to Memoirs of a Geisha next season
but her coach and choreographer does not like it, they said she is blonde
and she doesn't want to dye it black either, they are thinking of maybe using a black wig, maybe that was a joke lol

Is this true? :eek: Her coach and choreographer must be nuts. :bang:
I wouldn't be surprised judging the choice of music for her FS this year. :disapp: Who the hell cares she's blonde?!
It's 2014, you don't necessarily have to be so literal about it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Great pic! But good lord. What is your obsession with people being blonde? :unsure:

I would bet that a) you're not a natural blonde and dye your hair because you think it makes you look more desirable, b) you're actually blonde and think that somehow makes you prettier than everyone else, c) you're not blonde and secretly hate yourself because you aren't.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Great pic! But good lord. What is your obsession with people being blonde? :unsure:

I would bet that a) you're not a natural blonde and dye your hair because you think it makes you look more desirable, b) you're actually blonde and think that somehow makes you prettier than everyone else, c) you're not blonde and secretly hate yourself because you aren't.

did i say I like all blondes ?
some blondes just have that special X Factor, beauties like Gracie Gold, Anna Pogorilaya or Victoria Sinitsina
I have no preference

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Anna looks great and a bit younger with her hair open. Fashion sense comes with maturity I hope. :p

I read that Anna's parents are from Ukraine - if she looses favour in Russia it might be another option for her, which is great! She doesn't have to be afraid of Popova. :laugh:

Country
Russia
Today, 10 Apr 2014, is birthday of Anna Pogorilaya.
Now she is 16.
Good luck, Anna, and best wishes!

Her international results:

2012/2013, Junior
JGP Croatia -3
JGP Germany - 1
JGP Final - 3
JrWorlds - 3

2013/2014, Senior
GP China -1 (nobody predicted it, at most predicted 5-6, best predicted place 3)
GP France - 3
GP Final - 6
Worlds - 4 (best in predictions - 7)
Worlds SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E6OxsI0WA4
Worlds FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s69ReooBNs0

She is a part of new generation (Sotnikova, Lipnitskaia, Gold, Edmunds, Radionova etc) to substitute previous generation - Ando, Kostner, Kim, Asada etc.
Hope these new Ladies will be not worse than previous and, as previous, will skate many years with excellent skating and results.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The new generation of skaters are awesome. I am so in love with Anna. Happy birthday to her.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'm so excited for the next season Nationals! Just wow...!

And happy birthday to Anna :clap: