Kirk & Lease Discuss the Men with PJ Kwong | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kirk & Lease Discuss the Men with PJ Kwong

Niki2012

Rinkside
There was no boos at Japanese nationals. If it was, it should have been heard on TV. We could hear crowds booing to P Chan at Nice on TV. It was not such a case at Nationals. She said she heard it from fans. Did she bluntly believe what random fans said? She brought up this subject out of nowhere. Did Hanyu or Orser tell her as well? PJ should get the facts straight if she is a journalist.

I watched several competitions, recently 4CC, live. If you make noises intentionally to distract skaters while they are performing, you will be knocked down by the crowds sitting near you. They have very good manners and are very quiet except when they clap each after skaters succeed tricks.:p

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
from P.J. Kwong
well she was always the joke now she is the clown herself ??

her reports are nothing but sensationalist journalism

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Well...I think you are making something out of nothing.
Slandering a group of people is not "nothing". At least that is what they told me at school. If she were talking about booing is it is, she would have mentioned Team USA as well who booed the Russian podium at Junior Worlds. And there were no "polite silence" or whatever, it was a real booing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmWjic85sUs&t=8m09s But she didn't bring it up because it has nothing to do with Chan and his rivals. She chose the events specifically due to her obvious reasons. That is not what professional journalist is supposed to do.

I was not at the Japanese Nationals, but I’ve heard different people told me that Takahashi fans made strange noise during the victory ceremony. There was no “protest through silence” at the men’s competition because the general audience all clapped and cheered after Hanyu’s victory. Only a part of Takahashi fans made strange booing noise during the victory ceremony when they were awarding to Hanyu. I heard this from Kozuka fan, Kanako fan, and Takahashi fan who were there. The Takahashi fan said she was booing with her other Takahashi fan friends and they were proud of themselves.

I was at NHK Sendai and 4CC Osaka. I saw a few Takahashi fans making strange noise when Hanyu was about to jump, trying to affect him. I also saw Takahashi fans playing with their cell phone and laughing when Hanyu was going to perform his gala program. Then other general audience found these Takahashi fans very annoying and asked them to stop.

Usually Japanese fans are very polite and nice, but a part of Takahashi fans are different from other Japanese fans. Sometimes they are very rude at competitions in Japan. They have done similar thing to Kozuka in the past also.
Everybody knows that there always be a trolling factor in the internet. It's more than easy to register an account on an anonymous forum. Then such personas usually start their activity with flaming long-time posters (like you did to other posters on another thread). Then they repeatedly claim "I was, I saw," but they never bother to provide any reports of an eye-witness of the events. And grande finale- "I heard from someone, and from more than one person" and blah-blah. Unless you are Kwong herself, then it's just bore to death to read your stuff. It's rather stupid to lie about things at the age of internet and mass communications. Everybody knows that booing in Nice (and in Milan) took place, including those who were not there. Try to guess why- thanks to television and internet. If there were at least one single word of truth in your or Kwong's claims, then the world would have known about it long time ago and without your help. But it didn't happen. I have no idea why some people want to embarrass themselves as lying clowns, and I prefer not to have any idea. The reality is fans in Japan of all skaters, both Men's and Ladies', are rather friendly to each other. I never saw anything other, and I am actually the one who indeed attends events. The same people can give flowers to various skaters (myself including), who are often rivals, and that's just that. I taped some fan meetings at PIW and downloaded on youtube. It's all there, free to see for anyone. The only rudeness that I ever observed was online. Like from you in your post I quoted. Or from so-called Cricket Club ubers who trolled Hanyu thread about a week-10 days ago. You all somehow reminded me the technique of Maobots and Yuna fans, who are in my strong opinion just internet trolls, and not real fans of neither Mao nor Yuna. I hope one day you people will find something more constructive to do than to throwing around "facts" that can be easily verified as lies. :disapp:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In Vancouver, V/M fans chanted "Canada, Canada, Canada" when D/W took the ice after the warmup.

How come PJ Kwong didn't comment on that?