Quality Inn and Suites disaster at Worlds | Golden Skate

Quality Inn and Suites disaster at Worlds

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just got a call from my Hotel in London, the Quality Inn and Suites....They had a water pipe break and it flooded two floors.
They have moved us all over to a Quality Inn 25 miles away in Woodbury, I think. They told me they have checked and
there are no hotel rooms available in London or they would move us to another local hotel. Fortunately, I have two friends staying at a hotel two blocks away from the
Quality inn and they have a suite, so I can crash on their couch for the first night, Saturday. Quality Inn suites says it is too early to know
when they will be back in operation...could be Sunday...could be a week from Sunday. I asked if they were going to provide a shuttle from
the substitute hotel to the Arena/old hotel/whatever. They dont know yet. I have no idea how I would get from the Airport to Woodbury.
I have no idea if there is any sort of mass transportation from Woodbury
to London.
It is my hope that Corporate steps up to the plate, and makes things happen. It would also be nice if London steps up to the plate and sees what it can do to find rooms....
I am sure most of us stranded people wouldn't care if there was an out of service room somewhere that is usable...like with a bad TV or something minor...
I feel sorry for the Local Quality Inn but IMHO it is time for Corporate to step up. It would be nice if the other hotels could see what they can do to take stranded folk.

emdee

Final Flight
When my hotel cancelled me they were able to get me a room at the Airport Motel. This was just 2 weeks ago

Tereska

Rinkside
Oh no! Very sorry to hear that... but do you mean Woodstock? I'm certainly hoping they would offer a reasonable method of transportation for those arriving to this event without a vehicle. Woodstock is about 40 minutes away along a major highway (Hwy 401) and there is train service between the two cities. Best of luck!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Update: got another call from the Hotel....I am to come to the hotel as planned saturday night and if they havent found me a local room, they will persoanlly drive me to Woodstock for the night. No word on how to get back again.
I did not tell them I had a place to crash for the night yet. I am sure they will try the Airport Hotel and any other to find guests rooms. They still dont know when they will be back in operation. My feeling was Antoinette sounded
a bit more hopeful this call....more latter I am sure. If I make it and they get me a room, I will send Doris and Mrs. P an e-mail and they can update you....

waterblades

On the Ice
Update: got another call from the Hotel....I am to come to the hotel as planned saturday night and if they havent found me a local room, they will persoanlly drive me to Woodstock for the night. No word on how to get back again.
I did not tell them I had a place to crash for the night yet. I am sure they will try the Airport Hotel and any other to find guests rooms. They still dont know when they will be back in operation. My feeling was Antoinette sounded
a bit more hopeful this call....more latter I am sure. If I make it and they get me a room, I will send Doris and Mrs. P an e-mail and they can update you....

I have no doubt they are doing everything and anything they can think of to get this fixed! I also have a feeling it will all be fine when you get here. I bet they are just sick to their stomach's worrying about all of their guests. Tourism London will be at the airport Saturday and Sunday, talk to someone when you arrive I am sure they will get you some answers.

Sam18q

Rinkside
I am able to get a room for some days next week at Marriott Courtyard on Exeter Road. It is close by White Oaks Mall where buses are.

I called them Monday and was able to get a room. If the situation don't get resolved, you can try calling a few other hotels as they may be last minute cancellation. Good luck and hope things work out for you.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Hmm. Weird, I didn't seem to get a call. Unless I didn't leave my number with them, but I'm almost certain they asked me for it. Did they mention the entire hotel was being moved? Because they do have 3 floors based on the pictures...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hmm. Weird, I didn't seem to get a call. Unless I didn't leave my number with them, but I'm almost certain they asked me for it. Did they mention the entire hotel was being moved? Because they do have 3 floors based on the pictures...

The eagle has landed! I am typing this on my tablet on the wifi in my nice room on the third floor. There is extensive damage on floors 2 and three and they had to move those folks to other partner hotels for now. No sleep last night and had many flying adventures, like the blizzard in Denver, but nubka, her sister and I made it. Nice greeting party at airport for skating fans. Recon tomarrow after much sleep.