Gardena Spring Trophy 2013 (1-4 Apr) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Gardena Spring Trophy 2013 (1-4 Apr)

gold12345

Medalist
Adam won...but no triple axels in his LP :-( Not really worthy of a Sr Men's LP on the international stage. JMO....

Well he got 2nd and won the free skate, so I'd say he belongs on the international stage. :) The first place skater fell multiple times and there were several rough performances. I'd say Adam did more than fine at this competition. Good for him for getting out there so quickly after an injury & with a new LP

axel12345

Spectator
Well he got 2nd and won the free skate, so I'd say he belongs on the international stage. :) The first place skater fell multiple times and there were several rough performances. I'd say Adam did more than fine at this competition. Good for him for getting out there so quickly after an injury & with a new LP

:points:

Country
Russia
Obviously Marchei's WHOLE SEASON has been a fluke: just three bad program out of 12, that's really inconsistency! :sarcasm:
However, congrats to Vale and congrats to Haruka for her good FS, I hope we'll have videos of them! :clap:
Marchei (after bad SP) repeated her Euro's FS even a bit better than at Euro.
Congratulations to Vale and Haruka!

"2hd youth" of Vale? Progress in about the same age, when Suzuki progressed to Worlds medalist.

Country
Russia
Doubt it, Polina's been outscoring Karen by a lot for the majority of this season.
Both Polina and Karen are good, talented girls.
Hope to see them at JGP, and Polina also at Senior Nationals (who knows, maybe she will earn ISU Senior Championship there).

deedee1

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all medalists! :clap:, especially to those who had a rather disappointing season but redeemed themselves and had gutsy performances here! Am so happy for them, cause they at least could end the season with relief and good feelings! :yes:

At the same time a bit sad for Valentina and Haruka; if only they could have skated this good...at the Euro/Worlds for Vale and at J-Nats for Haruka. I really loved Vale's programs both SP and FS this season, and Mozart music is perfect choise for Haruka cause it suits her skating so well!

Am so thrilled to know that Shu Nakamura won the Jr Men's silver here, who btw trains at Nagamitsu/Honda camp! :party: Good luck to Shu at JGP circuit next season!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Novice winners Chen and Zhou protocols are very interesting. With the exception of Karen Chen's fall in the SP, every one of her and Zhou's other SP and FS elements were given positive GOE's and even some +3's. Can't wait until we can see them on the JGP circuit.

lcd

Match Penalty
Sure was impressive to see Adam compete with a program which he essentially just had choreographed

samson

Medalist
^And first event back form an injury. Not surprised to see he didn't attempt a triple axel in the long. It's not his bread and butter jump, it's basically still the old season, recovering from injury AND new program. But to skate with seven really nice triples and two lovely double axels at this point is very impressive.

I think this piece suits him well and I look forward to seeing it develop assuming he sticks with this. Glad he's done with The Incredibles... From the video it also looked like he had a lot of good speed.

Congrats to him and Kozuka! (And Valentina and everyone else!)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the video links.

Adam's FS was great! Tom D. choreography is a winner for Adam. :clap:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
What a beautiful skating!
As for me, Karen Chen is more interesting than Polina Edmunds.

Karen is lovely, but has yet to hit a growthspurt, which could change things.

Polina OTOH has been growing like a weed this season and skating beautifully and to a very high level of difficulty inspite of it all, which IMO is very, very impressive.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I am glad Adam did well and I really enjoyed his LP, back to his old classical, regal style that suits him so well. Still holding out for this Adam, I still think he has the ability to be a great skater and win major international competitions. I hope he comes back strong and surprises everyone next season.