World Team Trophy 2013 Men | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Men

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
It's my fondest wish that this is the last time I ever have to see Patrick Chan wearing that ladies' blouse.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Maxim Trankov is hilarious :laugh: I barely recognized him. Team Russia is having fun this year

Never mind barely recognised him - I plain DIDN'T recognise him!!!

I can tell you something - Maxin Kovtun is one lucky peasant!!! 17 years old and getting pawed over by Tatiana Volosozhar and Ksenia Monko!!! What I would give to have been in his position!!! ;) :biggrin:

But, what is the craic with having your team-mates acting the eejit in the background anyway? It's different to the seriousness that we are used to at competitions. But I like it that the skaters are more relaxed now that it is coming near the end of the season.

Also, why were Kovtun AND Menshov both in the first group, while Reynolds AND Chan are both in the 2nd group? Would it not have made more sense to have one representative from each team in each group?

CaroLiza_fan

Mirunna

Record Breaker
But, what is the craic with having your team-mates acting the eejit in the background anyway? It's different to the seriousness that we are used to at competitions. But I like it that the skaters are more relaxed now that it is coming near the end of the season.

Also, why were Kovtun AND Menshov both in the first group, while Reynolds AND Chan are both in the 2nd group? Would it not have made more sense to have one representative from each team in each group?

You should check out team France last year in K&C. They were AMAZING. It's really a more fun and relaxed event and since it's a team competition I like the idea of having the skaters in the K&C.
The placement in the groups is decided by the world ranking.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN)

Music: Chambermaid Swing by Parov Stelar

4S - twofooted, stepout, likely <
3A
FUSp
4T - fall, no combo
CCSp
StSq
CCoSp

Costly mistakes on his quads...

SP: 38.67 + 35.85 - 1.00 = 73.52
In 4th (out of 7)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You should check out team France last year in K&C. They were AMAZING. It's really a more fun and relaxed event and since it's a team competition I like the idea of having the skaters in the K&C.
The placement in the groups is decided by the world ranking.

Ah, thanks for the info. I suppose it does make sense from that point of view. But, in a team comp, I still think it would be better having each team represented in each group.

As you can probably tell, this is my first time watching the WTT. All I can say is that I wish it was shown on proper TV, as it would be great to hear what the Eurosport commentators say about the antics!!! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Brian JOUBERT (FRA)

Music: Genesis by Justice; Aerodynamic by Daft Punk

4T+2T - turn in-between
3A
FUSp
3Lz - but looked like a flip as usual
CSSp
CSSp
StSq

SP: 38.37 + 38.18 = 76.55
In 4th (out of 8)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Joubert is still very yummy looking. He's aging well. :love: Definitely has best command presence on the ice so far.

ETA I was also aghast at Reynold's breaking 70 for that hot mess. :rolleye:

Trewyn

Medalist
Brian and Team France are adorable. Especially Brian. Such a low score again :( Has he stepped on the toes of the wrong people a couple years back? He's so consistently underappreciated. Just listen to the crowd reaction!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Music: Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona

4T - fall
3A - nice
CCoSp
3Lz+3T
CCSp
StSq
FSSp

SP: 41.47 + 37.18 - 1.00 = 77.65
In 2nd (out of 9)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
If Brian lost the technical score to Kevin, then either the system is wrong or the system is not being used correctly. I don't care how the protocol will explain this, it's just wrong IMO.
Mura's 3A was +4 GOE worthy

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

Music: Spy by Nathan Lanier

3F - fall
3Lz+3T
CSSp
3A
FUSp
StSq
CCoSp

Shame about the fall, but audience seemed really into it!

SP: 40.03 + 41.21 - 1.00 = 80.24
In 2nd (out of 10)