World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 19 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

ForeverFish

Medalist
Those two!

Ashley's reaction at the end of her program was priceless. Also, how adorable was the hair-fixing improv?!

And make that Gracie's third mostly-clean FS this season. She's really getting a handle on the nerves, and had nice flow out of the solo 2A and 3Lz. The only real issue was with the 3F, which (apart from the edge call), she almost lost due to the extreme forward tilt of her takeoff.

Max or Jeremy (camera was turned away): Good job!
Gracie: Damn right.

:laugh:

Mao88

Record Breaker
[SUP][/SUP]LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 199.58 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 188.60 Free Skate
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 188.03 Free Skate
4. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 183.10 Free Skate
5. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 177.36 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Zijun LI (CHN) - 171.50 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 164.85 Free Skate
8. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 159.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 155.49
10. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 152.16 Free Skate
11. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 140.82
12. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 121.80 Free Skate

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Did anyone else notice that Ashley's bun came undone in the middle of her program? She must've been skating with vigor! :)

Mao88

Record Breaker

1. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 199.58 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 188.60 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 188.03 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 183.10 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 177.36 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
6. Zijun LI (CHN) - 171.50 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 164.85 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 159.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 155.49 Free Skate
10. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 152.16 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 140.82 Free Skate
12. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 121.80 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

Finally, the last video list of the last major competition of the season - now complete! Looking forward to September and the start of a new season, when we will start all over again. The good news is that the YouTube coverage this season has been better than ever, with more fans than ever uploading the videos. Hence, whilst TV may have temporarily deserted the sport, at least the fans with the assistance of YouTube, have been able to step in and plug the gap. There is still hope in terms of saving the sport yet!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ Thank you so much for posting links to Youtube videos.

I know it must be time consuming. I want you to know that your labor of love is appreciated. The season has been so much more entertaining than it would have been had I only been able to read scattered articles and reviews.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Finally, the last video list of the last major competition of the season - now complete!
There is still hope in terms of saving the sport yet!

Let me say this, on behalf of all skating fans :);
"Thank you so much for all your works posting these videos throughout the season! :bow: to Mao88!!!
There is still hope in terms of saving the sport as long as we have such royal and wonderful fans like you! :rock:"

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When Ashley skates her program clean, it is great. She really sells it. And I love the music and the choreo.

Gracie needs to watch how someone like Ashley sells her program. Gracie's a quick learner and even if she's not a natural performer she should be able to improve that part of her skating.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Let me say this, on behalf of all skating fans :);
"Thank you so much for all your works posting these videos throughout the season! :bow: to Mao88!!!
There is still hope in terms of saving the sport as long as we have such royal and wonderful fans like you! :rock:"

Agreed. If there was a GS Poster of the Year Award Mao88 would get my vote!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I like Kexin Zhang skating, I find that she is a really good technician and have a beautiful different position in her spin especially in the donut spin. :love:
I wonder why she don't express herself a little bit more, it look like that she doesn't enjoy what she does in the ice even in the kiss & Cry, she looks like skating is a job an not an activity for her.
However, she is very good :)

ForeverFish

Medalist
Wow, poor Mao. She really looked injured--even in the warmup, she seemed reluctant to lift her feet. Next to her, Ashley looked like the Energizer Bunny.

daphna

On the Ice
LOVED Ashley's free skate here, It was the best all around skate I've seen from her. She sold it 100%, and the hair "mishap" only made her better. No wonder it was a SB score!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I like Kexin Zhang skating, I find that she is a really good technician and have a beautiful different position in her spin especially in the donut spin. :love:
I wonder why she don't express herself a little bit more, it look like that she doesn't enjoy what she does in the ice even in the kiss & Cry, she looks like skating is a job an not an activity for her.
However, she is very good :)

I think it has something to do with her personality. Hope she gets some sort of acting training to atleast get rid of the unbelievably low PCS. Below a certain point, there is just no bottom line how low the score can be; some skater can fall twice in the step sequence and still gets higher PCS.