World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

Mao88

Record Breaker
Many congratulations to Adelina. If her FS is as good as her SP, she will win. That would be an enormous confidence booster going into next season.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I would love to see another O like the one at NHK for Akiko. And an overall win would be awesome for her.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Adelina didn't get an edge call on her 3Lz. Is that a fluke or did she fixed it?
It actually looked clean to me in slow motion: I thought "it shouldn't receive the e"!
EDIT: she did receive the "e"!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
It actually looked clean to me in slow motion: I thought "it shouldn't receive the e"!

Silly me! I missed it. Sorry
So Adelina will skate last. Big pressure to deliver and finally proving she belongs at the top. It will be exciting, especially if Mao/Akiko bring their A game tomorrow and post 130+ scores

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
FSGMT said:

I actually thought the edge call was right, but nethertheless I think she's getting there. She really tries hard to clean up her lutz take off, and it shows. Maybe with some more time and work she'll get it clean. Without the UR and e this could have broken 70! :rock:

It's going to be exciting in the LP. She's nearly 7 points ahead of Gracie, and 8 ahead of Mao and Ashley. Her chances to stay on the podium are really good, as long as she manages to skate decently.

As for Akko: :party2: so, so happy!!
I'm a little sad for Mao, but she can always come bouncing back in the LP.
Shame that Ashley fell on the 2A, it was great that she finally went for the 3F-3T. WTT doesn't matter that much - she got it out there, and she'll need it next season.

And Gracie beating Kaetlyn in PCS: :unsure:

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Just looked at the protocols now, and here are my main thoughts:

Akiko: Yay! Well done her, looks like a wonderful skate and I'm looking forward to watching the video.

Ashley: So pleased and proud of her for including the 3-3! Next season I'm sure it will be even stronger.

Gracie: I reckon she should change the 3F to a 3Lz - she always gets an edge call on it! 3Lz has more points too!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Gracie: I reckon she should change the 3F to a 3Lz - she always gets an edge call on it! 3Lz has more points too!
But she already does the 3Lz in combo! And, since the 3Lo is not a solid jump for her, 3F is the best option, even with the "e"...

Mirunna

Record Breaker

She can't change the 3F with the 3Lz because she is already doing the 3Lz in the combo (3Lz-3T) and a jump can't be repeated in the SP unless it's in the same combo ( 3T-3T, 3Loop-3Loop). She can change it with a 3Loop since the 3F is just slightly more valuable but with the edge call she gets, she would get more points with a 3Loop with GOE than with a 3F with -GOE

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Just looked at the protocols now, and here are my main thoughts:

Akiko: Yay! Well done her, looks like a wonderful skate and I'm looking forward to watching the video.

Ashley: So pleased and proud of her for including the 3-3! Next season I'm sure it will be even stronger.

Gracie does a 3z3t combo in the short; she can't repeat the 3z. She could do a loop; however, I guess she figures her flip with an edge call is worth more than her loop.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 67.13 Short Program
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 66.56 Short Program
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 60.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 59.77 Short Program
5. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 59.39 Short Program
6. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 58.51 Short Program
7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 55.18 Short Program
8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 54.97 Short Program
9. Zijun LI (CHN) - 53.16 Short Program
10. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 49.94 Short Program
11. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 49.41
12. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 48.82 Short Program

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Just checked in to see the results so far. I haven't seen video yet but...

Adelina: WOO! As soon as she gets herself together she will be a gold medal threat every time. I love this girl so much and it really looks like she's gaining confidence and learning to compete. She'd have scored over 70 if she rotated that 3T. I hope she keeps it together in the FS and lands on the podium.

Akiko: Happy to see her bounce back after worlds. I was so devastated for her but it's good to see her back out there having fun.

Gracie: What is that now, one or maybe two clean SPs on the season? Cue up Maroney's "not impressed" face... That said I guess it's nice for her to know she can fall on her butt and still score 60 points.

Ashley: I'm glad she went for the 3F-3T. Practice makes perfect and she needs to get used to putting that combo out there. Shame about the 2A...

Mao: Is that the first time she's had a fall all season? I think it is...which is really good when you think about it. Glad to see she's still throwing that 3A out there...

Kaetlyn, Zijun and Liza T all had a tough time so hopefully they'll bounce back.

Can't wait for videos! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 67.13 Short Program
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 66.56 Short Program
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 60.98 Short Program
4. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 59.77 Short Program
5. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 59.39 Short Program
6. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 58.51 Short Program
7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 55.18 Short Program
8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 54.97 Short Program
9. Zijun LI (CHN) - 53.16 Short Program
10. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 49.94 Short Program
11. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 49.41
12. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 48.82 Short Program

I love you Mao88! :biggrin:

happyskate6

Rinkside
I am really confused as to how Gracie can score 5 points ahead of Kaetlyn, when essentially they made the same error. Very odd scoring...also Ashley with a fall and a two-footer...and placed ahead of Mao who fell on a tougher jump?? The scoring is definitely bizarre.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I am really confused as to how Gracie can score 5 points ahead of Kaetlyn, when essentially they made the same error. Very odd scoring...also Ashley with a fall and a two-footer...and placed ahead of Mao who fell on a tougher jump?? The scoring is definitely bizarre.
gracie had a more difficult layout but her PCS being higher than kaetlyn's really doesn't make any sense...