Jeremy Abbott | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Re the possibility of returning to competition next season:

"I'm still on the fence," Abbott said [on Feb 28]. "I'm training as if I'm returning, but I'm also really enjoying doing shows."

From the caption to photo #2 in IN's gallery for the Gregory/Petukhov ice show in NYC on Sunday:

Eric

Rinkside
Whether it's as a competitor or a show skater, I miss his skating so much. I remember the moment his Exsogenesis brought tears to my eyes.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jeremy will be so busy, especially during the weekend. Monday schedule is odd; when will he have lunch, during the 30 minute break or after 14:00?

I'm sure Jeremy approved the schedule. I guess it's jam-packed because it would have cost the West Australians a pretty penny to fly him out there and they want to make the most of it...

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Whether it's as a competitor or a show skater, I miss his skating so much. I remember the moment his Exsogenesis brought tears to my eyes.

his performance at Worlds 2014? This competition has some memorable performances, but only his performance made me cry. i was watching this on TV live and tears ran down my cheeks. Yes, I miss him very much and would love to see him skating.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Apparently, Jeremy is a fan of cupping therapy as well: https://www.instagram.com/p/BI8kNwPgDJ7/.

I'm not sure how well this works - or if it's better than other recovery tools out there (foam rollers, baths with salts, getting enough sleep, getting enough hydration, etc.).

It is good enough for centuries and it's good enough for the most decorated Olympian who is alive and well. It's probably good enough for someone wishing to be an Olympian again.

Good luck Jeremy. If you really want it, go for it with all your mind, heart, and body.

musicfan80

Medalist
Yesterday I posted it in the U.S. men thread -- to my regret, b/c some of the ensuing discussion has been quite harsh.

Wish I had posted it over here instead. Thanks for doing so.

I just took a glance - some of that was rough to read. I guess when I post, I try to either make it absolutely positive or if I am critical, try to make it as constructive as possible.

I am also staying out of a lot of the general discussion threads for right now. I feel like some people are assuming and arguing too much right now. It's still WAY early in the season to know what will happen by January - March. But that is my analysis - I don't assume I am 100% correct in that opinion.

I have no problem with Jeremy keeping the 2018 Olympics open as a possibility - for right now. Anything can happen in about 18 months. Considering what has happened with the U.S. men and what could still happen, Jeremy may be one of our healthiest men by January 2018. And the U.S. men still need to (hopefully) earn three spots.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It is good enough for centuries and it's good enough for the most decorated Olympian who is alive and well. It's probably good enough for someone wishing to be an Olympian again. ...

For all we know, Phelps and other swimmers could have gotten the idea from skaters :yes:.

A photo of Jeremy getting cupping therapy last year :cool::

... Good luck Jeremy. If you really want it, go for it with all your mind, heart, and body.

.... I guess when I post, I try to either make it absolutely positive or if I am critical, try to make it as constructive as possible.

I am also staying out of a lot of the general discussion threads for right now. I feel like some people are assuming and arguing too much right now. It's still WAY early in the season to know what will happen by January - March. But that is my analysis - I don't assume I am 100% correct in that opinion.

I have no problem with Jeremy keeping the 2018 Olympics open as a possibility - for right now. Anything can happen in about 18 months. Considering what has happened with the U.S. men and what could still happen, Jeremy may be one of our healthiest men available by January 2018. And the U.S. men still need to (hopefully) earn three spots.

:agree: :agree:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't understand the nay sayers. It's his life and his decision and he has to earn his spot all the way. If he feels it's an unfinished business and he has something to prove, it's up to him to make it happen. That's why I encourage him to go for it with all his mind, heart, and body if he really wants it. Because that's what it will take. If he doesn't really want it enough, he wouldn't make it there.

eta. Yes, I realize it's an uphill battle, and coming back after 2 years is tough. A lot depends on what he's been doing these two years. Maybe he will spend the coming season in preparation, as he needs to, mentally and physically. His SS skills is one of the best and it won't go away, and doing shows helps with performance and maybe even performance anxiety so PCS wise he won't be at a disadvantage. His nemesis is doing his 4T successfully as well as not letting it affect his program adversely. This is a mental issue and an epiphany could make an instant breakthrough or he may have chipped it away slowly. If this issue is resolved, then what he needs to be competitive with the top Men is another quad as he says so himself. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

If Jeremy aligns his mind, heart, and body to the goal, then stars may just align for him. But we'll have to see he is seriously serious.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed Jeremy's skate at the JO. His jumps looked big and confident for the most part. He would need to put back a quad or two to be competitive but I think he could make a comeback if he really wants it.