Jeremy Abbott | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
U.S. figure skater Jeremy Abbott was born on June 5, 1985, in Aspen, Colorado.

Jeremy pronounces his name here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg08LsGMtZc

Wikipedia

ISU Bio

Even if he doesn't come away with the olympic medal we all know he deserves, Jeremy is one of those skaters I truly look forward to watching and anticipate what he will do the next season. He is unmatched in artistry, understanding of the music, creativity in the men's field.

Last edited by a moderator:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for starting this thread. It would be great if Jeremy could put it all together and keep his nerves in check for the Olympic Season.
He has the talent to medal in Sochi. Re-using Muse as his LP is IMO a step in the right direction.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot from me, too. :)
And it's so nice to see your avatars back to back! Because you guys makes me believe that if Sasha fan and Michelle fan can discuss various matters on this GS Forum friendly and peacefully while paying some respect to each other, then a 'heavily-devoted' YuNa fan & Mao fan, or Patrick fan & Evgeni/Yuzu/Dai fan, or TessaScott fan & MerylCharlie fan will be able to do the same some day, and my wish is NOW, of course. ;) Yes yes maybe I am a little too nervous as we are heading to the brutal Olympic season...:laugh:

GOooooo JEREMY!!! :yay:

centerpt1

On the Ice
Even if he doesn't come away with the olympic medal we all know he deserves, Jeremy is one of those skaters I truly look forward to watching and anticipate what he will do the next season. He is unmatched in artistry, understanding of the music, creativity in the men's field.

This.

My favorite men's figure skater from the US ever.

I'm not sure if he's a throwback, and should have been skating in the 80's-90's, or he's ahead of his time and figure skating in the future will return to something creative and beautiful.

Either way, there's not another like him skating now.

It's a real shame there's no real show skating in the US anymore. I would love to see what he could do. Once Jeremy, Dai and Taka retire, I'm not sure men's skating will be worth watching (for me anyway)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have less fears that I will hate men's skating than ladies after 2014. But I love Jason Brown and Takahiko Kozuka and like quite a few others :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Big Jeremy fan here. I appreciate everything he does on ice except the nerves. I am still hoping he will win a major title or medal soon. Nonetheless he is an artist and one of the best skaters ever.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
There's a Jeremy uber thread? :party:

He is my favorite male skater ever and I love his artistry and programs :love: If only he wasn't a headcase... :slink:

I wish there was a disipline of skating with no jumps/spins, just steps, MITF, artistry...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Here is a pre-Nationals/Olympics interview of Jeremy with Michelle Kwan. They compare experiences of having rocked the house at Nationals (Michelle in 1998, Jeremy in 2010), then felt pressure and bewilderment as to how to approach the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0P-J3GrcLM&feature=youtu.be

Jeremy validated what I hypothesized before. i.e. he, and likely other US skaters as well, had his goal set for the all important US Nationals just to make the Worlds/Olympic team that he was lost after the season's goal has been achieved. Similarly, World Champions usually do not perform well at post Worlds WTT while others motivated to redeem themselves excelled. Too bad also that he bought into the "headcase" label.

Believe in yourself, Jeremy. Truly believe.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm one of those who didn't think he could get his head in it.

Regardless of how things turn out... at the Nationals FS, at Sochi, whatever... I have to give him credit and respect.

That was one of the very finest short programs I've ever seen. A masterpiece from start to finish.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
CONGRATS TO JEREMY for winning Nationals this year!!!! I honestly thought he didn't have much of a chance to make the team, but I am SO THRILLED that Jeremy proved me wrong. Exogenesis is my favorite program of his. What a fighter. Here's hoping that Sochi will be a satisfying experience for him.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations Jeremy. I've always believed in you.

I knew Jeremy will win the Nationals because all Patrick Chan's American training buddies have won the US titles against all odds. So no surprise when his newest ice buddy is a superb and the most deserving male skater of the U.S. of A. All Jeremy needed was a strong desire and more confidence. He's got the goods.