Jeremy Abbott | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think it was a good, albeit, difficult decision for Jeremy to retire. I can't say if he would have been buried by the current top male skaters, he does have some amazing programs under his belt. But I can say it would have been very difficult and very demanding. He would need to start intense training, like RIGHT NOW and not let up. I know he loves his fans, glad to hear he will still be in the spotlight as a performer. I don't think he is ready to give that up.

I will always appreciate his artistry.

He was training (he never stopped really and was practicing 3 different quads).

Thankfully for everyone he'll still be out on the ice doing his thing his way.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I didn't mean anything negative about Jeremy. All skaters need to do intense training now if they want to be on top next season. Sheesh!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I listened to the interview he gave. Nice, poised, intelligent and funny when needed young man. He sounded like someone who had thought about this eventuality for a very long time, who could have gone either way, but also realized that he was ready for something else.

This is what I find many people do not understand : some people get to this point : ready to do something else. It doesn't mean anything about their current state.... Mao for instance, retired, because honestly, she was getting injury over injury and decided it was enough... but for some, it's just time to move on and look at other things in life. That's what I understood from his interview, when for instance he talks about having been in college for 20 years ;)

:ghug: jeremy

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I just watched Jeremy's exhibition at the Carnival on ice show in Japan. It is really beautiful! He skates with so much joy.

While I'm sad to see skaters I love retire, it is often wonderful to get to see them skate for the love of skating without the pressure of competition.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just watched Jeremy's exhibition at the Carnival on ice show in Japan. It is really beautiful! He skates with so much joy.

While I'm sad to see skaters I love retire, it is often wonderful to get to see them skate for the love of skating without the pressure of competition.

Ah yes, he skated to his "In This Shirt" program that he did in SOI US tour this past Spring. It's Jeremy at his best and such a work of art. :agree:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Next up for Jeremy is the Scott Hamilton benefit shows Nov 4 in Cleveland, Ohio and November 19 in Nashville, TN.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
On Sun Dec 3, Jeremy will return to the Rink at Brookfield Place in NYC for "a grand scale opening ice show, called 'Stars United.' Directed by Karl Giant, the show will be held at 6pm followed by a chance to Skate With The Stars at 7pm. Hosts Gregory and Petukhov will be joined by fellow Olympians, Kimmie Meissner and Jeremy Abbott for an evening of skating performances, live music, and cirque style performing arts."

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I wanted to add that next week Jeremy is in the cast of Stars on Ice China and then will be in the Stars on Ice Legends show in Lake Placid on Dec 30.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Sounds like Jeremy had a wonderful time with Denis and Friends. His message on Instagram:

idreamofjeremy#DenisTenAndFriends :

indeed! Last week was a one of a kind experience. It was one filled with joy, laughter, fun, passion, talent, and so much friendship! What an honor to be a part of such an amazing cast, and incredibly classy and unique production. Skating “Adagio for Strings” with the symphony was a deeply emotional experience that will live highly in my memory for the rest of life. Thank you Denis for sharing your country, hospitality, and friendship with all of us. I know I’m not alone when I say it was truly one of the greatest performing experiences!

I hope it will be uploaded on the net.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sounds like Jeremy had a wonderful time with Denis and Friends. His message on Instagram:

idreamofjeremy#DenisTenAndFriends :

indeed! Last week was a one of a kind experience. It was one filled with joy, laughter, fun, passion, talent, and so much friendship! What an honor to be a part of such an amazing cast, and incredibly classy and unique production. Skating “Adagio for Strings” with the symphony was a deeply emotional experience that will live highly in my memory for the rest of life. Thank you Denis for sharing your country, hospitality, and friendship with all of us. I know I’m not alone when I say it was truly one of the greatest performing experiences!

I hope it will be uploaded on the net.

indeed ... video is needed

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Videos of Jeremy from Denis Ten & Friends have been uploaded:

Adagio for Strings

Beautiful skating, nice lighting and stage design, but the black costume is sometimes hard to see against the dark background.

Peanut Butter Jelly

Someone should do a side by side video of this number with Junhwan's version for fun :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Videos of Jeremy from Denis Ten & Friends have been uploaded:

Adagio for Strings

Beautiful skating, nice lighting and stage design, but the black costume is sometimes hard to see against the dark background.

Peanut Butter Jelly

Someone should do a side by side video of this number with Junhwan's version for fun :laugh:

Even though Jeremy’s was long before Junhwans. ;)