Jeremy Abbott | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
ok. . .. is it supposed to have such a clear imprint like that? Im disturbed by how clear and precise the suction imprint is. I have hard of cupping, though only in the context of someone doing it wrong.

I can't help but feel that Jeremy looks different to what is shown here.

Spiral

Final Flight
I believe today is Jeremy's birthday! So I wish him a very happy birthday! :) :biggrin: :party2: :hb:

I've read in his recent interview that he'd have preferred to retire if there'd been a good professional figure skating market in the US (I guess like there used to be in the 1990s). Well, I don't see a reverse trend on that so far - sigh - but, if that's how he feels, I wish him to have a successful season with memorable programs that will allow him to have a viable professional career, skating in shows in other countries.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Happy birthday Jeremy! I wish you peace, fulfillment and bliss this coming year and those that follow.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I am very happy that Jeremy is invited to Japan Open for the N America Team as well as to the Carnival On Ice show following the competition. Japanese fans do appreciate and love the really good skaters.

Show 'em what you can do and use that money well, Jeremy.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Jeremy has been removed from the USFS's International Selection Pool. He can be added later on in the season, but rumour has it that he's also been telling people he won't be competing at Nationals anymore.

http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=447#part20

Hope it's just a rumor because as frustrating as his head-casing was, when he hit, he was probably the best US man for at least the past 6-7 years.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Jeremy has been removed from the USFS's International Selection Pool. He can be added later on in the season, but rumour has it that he's also been telling people he won't be competing at Nationals anymore.

http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=447#part20

Hope it's just a rumor because as frustrating as his head-casing was, when he hit, he was probably the best US man for at least the past 6-7 years.

Oh no for real? :( This is the official semi-retirement phase. What competition is his taking part this year.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Oh no for real? :( This is the official semi-retirement phase. What competition is his taking part this year.

The Japan Open and the gala afterward (the Carnival thing, I think?). It's sort of a pro-am where competitive athletes and those who retired can take part in.

This is really how Christina Gao and Simon Shnapir ended their careers this summer. Being removed from the ISP and then releasing statements a couple of weeks afterward.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This is an interview with Jeremy that was done in July, not sure if it was posted anywhere on GS. He talks about taking the year off, choreographing skaters and his dad's passing.

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2015/09/02/catching-up-with-jeremy-abbott/

Thx for posting it here for Jeremy fans :), apgold.

(When it was published a few days ago, I had posted it in the U.S. Men thread in The Edge -- but it seemed to be overshadowed by the news that he did not register for US qualifying, meaning he will not be at Nats.)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm curious about how Jeremy're doing these days. Is he busy for shows or something? I kind of hoped that he may come back to competition when the Nationals comes close and the Worlds will be held in Boston, his home country, but that isn't gonna happen at all since I saw the participant list for the Nationals in Boston.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm curious about how Jeremy're doing these days. Is he busy for shows or something? I kind of hoped that he may come back to competition when the Nationals comes close and the Worlds will be held in Boston, his home country, but that isn't gonna happen at all since I saw the participant list for the Nationals in Boston.

Jeremy will be competing in the Medal Winners Open in Japan next week. Videos are usually posted on Youtube since they broadcast it on Japanese TV.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thanks, apgold. That's good to know. At least I can see him soon in this season.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm very happy for him from what he posted but he gives no indication re his training and competition plans.

Enjoy and appreciate your life, Jeremy.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I hope whatever he's doing is bringing him happiness. I'd love to see him on the ice again.