Jeremy Abbott | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Just watched this and I completely agree. I hadn't heard he was considering a comeback, and if you'd told me I would have thought he was crazy. But now...

Is he considering start at the USA Championships?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Is he considering start at the USA Championships?

I don't think he will come back to competition this season, but next year we never know. He looked still very good at Japan Open with an interesting program. Except Nathan and Max Aaron, the top U.S. men are struggling with quad, so it can be said that he has still a chance for the 2018 Olympic team.

musicfan80

Medalist
After what has happened so far this year with the U.S. men, I wouldn't rule anything out for the 2018 Olympics. The only thing I know is that Nathan Chen looks really promising right now. Assuming that Nathan stays healthy and confident, I think the other spot (or hopefully two spots, depending on how well Worlds goes) are up for grabs at this point.

If Jeremy wants to come back and try to make another Olympic team, I don't see why it's an unrealistic possibility. I think if Jeremy wants to do it, his chances right now are well worth the effort.

All of that being said.....here's a nice picture of Jeremy and the gang after the Aspen Holiday Ice Show.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Jeremy just skated in 3 shows for Stars on Ice Japanese tour, and he was also invited to skate in the Legends show one of the nights, he performed "Exogenesis Part III" by Muse (his 2012, 2014 long program).
He is a member of the cast for the USA Stars on Ice tour in the spring.
:yahoo:

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Earlier today it was announced that Jeremy will be skating in "Skate For Hope" in Wesley Chapel, FL on June 17, 2017.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks for sharing. Jeremy is a sweet and thoughtful guy who happens to skate marvelously!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Jeremy will be a backflip captain for the Aerial Team challenge June 26-27, 2017 in Colorado Springs, Colorado (Tim Dolensky and Ryan Bradley will serve as the other two).

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Jeremy will be skating as a castmember at "Friends on ice" August 25, 26, 27, 2017 in Japan.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Jeremy will be skating for Team North America along with Nathan Chen, Karen Chen, and Gracie Gold at the Japan Open..... October 7 2017 in Saitama Japan. Also following will be Carnival on Ice.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Jeremy will be skating for Team North America along with Nathan Chen, Karen Chen, and Gracie Gold at the Japan Open..... October 7 2017 in Saitama Japan. Also following will be Carnival on Ice.

thrilled for Jeremy ;)

and thrilled for ACI :) as well... no Canadians at the Japan Open means a better chance to see some good ones at ACI :) hehe... double win !!!!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Wow. There are people actually alive in here....amazing. :agree:

That statement from the article was pretty rude IMHO because his heydey was not that of today's quadkings. There was at least some actual skating then. :rolleye:

That was an era where quadless Lysacek won OGM, I mean, really. :laugh:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I think it was a good, albeit, difficult decision for Jeremy to retire. I can't say if he would have been buried by the current top male skaters, he does have some amazing programs under his belt. But I can say it would have been very difficult and very demanding. He would need to start intense training, like RIGHT NOW and not let up. I know he loves his fans, glad to hear he will still be in the spotlight as a performer. I don't think he is ready to give that up.

I will always appreciate his artistry.