Max Aaron | Page 91 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

lurkz2

On the Ice
Polina Edmunds and Anthony Ponomarenko just posted IG stories of them with Max Aaron and Elliana Pogrebinsky wonder what that was all about.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ice Den Scottsdale has put together a must-see one-minute video showing Max there over the years. :hap93:
Part of its Facebook series of #icedentwenty highlights and memories.

Don't think I have seen any of this Max footage before. Starts with a very young Max talking about getting started on ice. The middle section is a performance by a somewhat-older-but-still-young Max with long hair and glittering red shirt. Pretty sure that the last section is from his appearance as special guest for last year's 20th anniversary ice show.

Although presumably he is coaching only on a part-time basis, it is natural for Ice Den to make mention:
"After retiring in 2018, he returned home to Scottsdale and joined the Ice Den coaching staff to share his time and talents with our young skaters."​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max, Christy Krall, and Erik Schulz were guest coaches for two seminars for Texas Gulf Coast FSC (near Houston) a few days ago. :)

ETA (on Jun 18):

Max will be among the faculty members for Skate Dance Dream's Skating Camp Series in 2019 and 2020.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By3SulMnWt2/ (Jun 18)

https://twitter.com/SkateDanceDream/status/1141052844398862337

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Photos of Max from his teaching trip to Pittsburgh:

With Pittsburgh synchro team at its boot camp:

"Class photo" at Skate Dance Dream camp (with Max toward the right):

If Skate Dance Dream posts more Max photos, I will try to edit into this post.

ETA (on Aug 17):

This additional batch of skatedancedream photos also has some with Max:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1H1D9lHvtf/ (posted Aug 13)​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ah, I miss him so much.

I am enjoying playing the "where is Max based on one uncaptioned scenery shot" game though.

And it was nice to see that he was with Ashley when the storm broke.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think Max is the subject of the first photo at this link? :)

Performing in one of Shipstad Entertainment's private shows, if I am not mistaken.

In the Random Confessions thread, Seren posted today about taking a lesson from Max.

ETA (on Sep 25):

Speaking of shows, Max once again has been invited to Scott Hamilton's. :yay:
Sun Nov 24 in Nashville.

The promo video for the 2019 show has clips from the 2018 show. Clip of Max is at approx. 1:33.

https://youtu.be/GmdLBudBuus?t=91 (4:08, posted Sep 13)​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just came in here to post about that! I hope there will be footage! I have missed him so!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*flings open the dusty curtains*

Rise and shine, SnuggleBat fans! Four days until Max!

I hope there will be a stream, or videos.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Finally getting around to posting this nice photo of Max with Phillip Mills.

At the Denver Figure Skating Club seminar featuring "skating legends Max Aaron and Phillip Mills!" (Max the legend. :cool:)

And coming up, Max will teach at Skate Dance Dream's first camp in Colorado. It will be in Monument on Jan 19.

For posterity, a vintage Max article in Jun/July 2010 article of Skating magazine:

I stumbled upon it when recently looking for something unrelated to Max.

*flings open the dusty curtains*

Rise and shine, SnuggleBat fans! Four days until Max!

I hope there will be a stream, or videos.

:pray:

Hope Max has a blast!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Less than a day until Max! Oh, I hope there are videos!

He also has some pics from Tennessee on his insta stories!

He looks in good shape! I can't wait to see him skate! It has been too long.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There are no videos. THERE ARE NO VIDEOS. WHY. WHY ARE THERE NO VIDEOS. I AM MAX-STARVED, I NEED VIDEOS. :cry:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
There are no videos. THERE ARE NO VIDEOS. WHY. WHY ARE THERE NO VIDEOS. I AM MAX-STARVED, I NEED VIDEOS. :cry:

Instastory of @lissabethnicole had quite a bit (relatively speaking) of video of Max skating (solo, I think) to live music by Mercy Me.
ETA:
Among other things, the same account had video also of large group number to Don't Stop Believin' -- I think I could tell which man was Max.​

I will come back and gradually edit more stuff into this post, but wanted to mention that first.

ETA:

@scotthamilton84 Instastory had one snippet of Max spinning to Mercy Me.

@kristiyamaguchi Instastory tagged Max and focused on him briefly during a different group number (Carry On, My Wayward Son).
I think @sixwire Instastory (reposting from @skylomusic) showed Max from the same number.

Kenny Loggins also was among the live musicians, and there was a big group number to ... Footloose. :hap93:
Of the various accounts showing some of it on Instastory, @bridgestonearenaofficial had a snippet with good focus on the men; not 100% sure, but I think I can guess which one is Max.
Same for @riona.harris Instastory.

@kaycelaine Instastory had a Boomerang of a male skater amp-ing up the crowd -- looks like Max to me?

@teamscottcares reposted @farrahbmaltz Instastory of male skater spinning -- looks like Max to me?​

ETA:

Today (the day after Scott Hamilton and Friends), Max taught at "Champs Camp" for local skaters in the Nashville area.

Something new for Max this year :); he was not in the small group of skaters involved in last year's day-after camp.

His credentials from hockey :) (as well as figure skating) are listed:
- Played tier 1 hockey up through U16 AAA Hockey
- Selected for the U14 USA developmental team!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, I didn't get a chance to look at any of the stories before they vanished... :sad4:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Kenny Loggins also was among the live musicians, and there was a big group number to ... Footloose. :hap93:
Of the various accounts showing some of it on Instastory, @bridgestonearenaofficial had a snippet with good focus on the men; not 100% sure, but I think I can guess which one is Max.
Same for @riona.harris Instastory.

Oh, I didn't get a chance to look at any of the stories before they vanished... :sad4:

karne, try looking now at @namnamnoodle Instastory. He (sort of belatedly) reposted from @riona.harris Instastory (which originally had audio on both parts, although the audio seems to be missing from Nam's reposting of the second part).

It's just a bit, but better than nothing -- and I think it is quite apparent that Max was having fun. :)

Still photo perma-posted by Nam that corresponds to the @riona.harris video snippets:

Also, a reminder: Last year, it took quite a few days before the official YouTube channel published videos of the entire show. Off the top of my head, I do not recall exactly how many days, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for at least partial video from this year.

BTW, I will come back to edit a little more stuff (not from Instastory) into this post.

ETA (on Dec 3):

Cross-posting from the U.S. men thread:

On Thu Dec 5 in Boston, Max will be the guest star for the Frog Pond Skating Spectacular, 5:00 - 6:00 pm. :yay:
(Free show.)

"Following the performances, join Mayor Marty Walsh for the 78th Annual Tree Lighting on the Boston Common!"

https://bostonfrogpond.com/events/boston-common-tree-lighting-with-mayor-marty-walsh-2/

ETA (on Dec 7):

Cross-posting from the U.S. men thread again:

Max performed his Thunderstruck exhibition, and the crowd seemed to love it. :yay:

The Instagram accounts of Skating Club of Boston and Frog Pond both had the same partial video of Max. ... (I haven't looked for video on YouTube.)