Record Breaker
Max will be in a show tomorrow night in Klamath Falls, Oregon:

Winter Skate-Tacular
Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Klamath Ice Sports - Bill Collier Community Ice Arena
5075 Fox Sparrow Dr, Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601
Tickets $11 - $45

https://www.facebook.com/events/507317789907354/

https://www.klamathicesports.org/ar...ar-The-18th-Annual-Figure-Skating-Spectacular

Max is replacing the previously-announced Knierims, who next week will be competing at Four Continents.

Among others in the cast: Polina Edmunds, Alissa Czisny.
Also: Sam Mindra, who just earned a top ten finish in Junior Men at Nationals -- for which he qualified by winning Novice Men at Pacific Coast Sectionals.

(Max is a man in motion. Within the past two weeks, he has been a coach for seminars in Colorado and Oklahoma. :))

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
TravelBat on the move!

(I hope there are videos. I miss him so.)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Since it is the 25th here - happy birthday, Max!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Some upcoming stuff for Max:

- San Diego FSC's "Road to Gold" training camp (and Learn To Skate party), Fri-Sat Mar 20-21:

- Gliding Stars of Erie's Adaptive Ice Skating Show, March 28 at 7 p.m.
Mercyhurst University Ice Arena, 501 E. 38th St., Erie, Pennsylvania.

https://www.goerie.com/entertainmen...rsquos-gliding-stars-ice-show-welcomes-guests (Feb 26)

Eighty special-needs children and adults will perform, and Max will return for his second year as a guest star.

- As mentioned in the U.S. men's thread:
... Boston show FYI for Sat Apr 18:

Max Aaron is among the cast members for the Axels for Alzheimer's fundraiser ... along with Will Annis, Polina Edmunds, Milly Murdock, Heidi Munger, Gabbie Izzo, and others.

https://www.axelsforalz.com/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8UgT2ZpNVP/ (Feb 8)​

Max happened to be shown in a great post from @oniceperspectives in tribute to the partnership of the Knierims.

In the last photo (which is new to me), Max and Jordan Cowan are with the Knierims at the Dec 2016 show at Brookfield Place in NYC.

(Jordan put lots of other lovely video/photos of the Knierims in the same post.)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In his insta stories Max seemed to be at a roller skating rink - and did an Axel on roller skates!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
EDIT: changed my mind. I will regret this forever if I don't. My ankle is fine. Max's insight on technique is too good to pass up.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
EDIT: changed my mind. I will regret this forever if I don't. My ankle is fine. Max's insight on technique is too good to pass up.

So happy for you that you changed your mind. :hap85: (And snagged the very last slot? :cool:)

Please be careful with your ankle ... and enjoy the class with Maxxxxxx! :hap93:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So happy for you that you changed your mind. :hap85: (And snagged the very last slot? :cool:)

Please be careful with your ankle ... and enjoy the class with Maxxxxxx! :hap93:

I will! I now have four days to figure out Zoom before the class. It will be 6am on a Wednesday but I don't care, it will be worth it. I am going to work so hard during this quarantine so that when I get back on the ice I am ready to roll!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My ankle was fine! I strapped it firmly beforehand and it withstood both classes well! My physio would be very pleased. And actually that's really awesome, because I haven't had much of an opportunity to test it since my last physio appointment.

Max looks great! Still very fit and in shape, and he looks very happy. When asked if he missed competing, he said he doesn't really, which I'm glad he has no regrets (but also sadface for my secret selfish comeback wish).

The class itself was really good, even if my legs are like jelly now. I liked the set up. With the restriction on size to 28, it meant Max was watching all of us, and could give individual correction. He explained everything really clearly and really well and I completely understand why he comes so highly recommended as a guest coach. Also, he kept apologising for not having his camera on the right angle which was adorable :laugh:. And it was - hard to describe what I mean, but basically the class wasn't so difficult that I couldn't keep up (and admittedly I may have done better if I hadn't already done Jason's class), but it was pretty challenging. The exercises were applicable regardless of whether you were doing singles, doubles, triples, quads (or quints as Max joked).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
My ankle was fine! I strapped it firmly beforehand and it withstood both classes well! My physio would be very pleased. And actually that's really awesome, because I haven't had much of an opportunity to test it since my last physio appointment.

Max looks great! Still very fit and in shape, and he looks very happy. When asked if he missed competing, he said he doesn't really, which I'm glad he has no regrets (but also sadface for my secret selfish comeback wish).

The class itself was really good, even if my legs are like jelly now. I liked the set up. With the restriction on size to 28, it meant Max was watching all of us, and could give individual correction. He explained everything really clearly and really well and I completely understand why he comes so highly recommended as a guest coach. Also, he kept apologising for not having his camera on the right angle which was adorable :laugh:. And it was - hard to describe what I mean, but basically the class wasn't so difficult that I couldn't keep up (and admittedly I may have done better if I hadn't already done Jason's class), but it was pretty challenging. The exercises were applicable regardless of whether you were doing singles, doubles, triples, quads (or quints as Max joked).

Thank you so much for your thorough and exceedingly prompt report, karne! :thank:
Loved every word.

First and foremost, wonderful to hear that Max looks very happy. :luv17:
Also that he was able to give individual attention and did a great job of explaining things.

And that your ankle was fine :yay:, and that Max's class was applicable to you and to everyone. :ghug:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The same class is also being offered through the same people as the jumps class, a couple of days beforehand. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
10/10 recommend the wiring class.

But ice coverage, your PMs are full!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
10/10 recommend the wiring class.

But ice coverage, your PMs are full!

Love hearing that Max did another good job with the mind class. :yay:
Thanks for the report.

Sorry that my box was full. :hopelessness: I have deleted a couple of messages.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max was interviewed for the podcast "Public Ice," along with Brad Vigorito of Skating Club of Boston.

Part 1 (of 2) of the interview with Max and Brad lasts approx. thirty minutes, starting at about 15:10 at the link below.

For the podcast hosts "Chris" and "Dave," their primary interest/expertise by far seems to be hockey. Figure skating is not their thing at all.

But Max had me smiling from ear to ear throughout Part 1. He was an extremely engaging guest, giving very energetic answers based on his strong experience in both sports.

I look forward to Part 2.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oof. Yeah, they don't know anything about figure skating. You can tell. Some of that was quite cringeworthy.

The mental image Max's voice induced of him practically bouncing around his apartment while talking was delightful, though. I was particularly interested in the part where he talked about "big bodies" and the known birth month trend in junior hockey. I'm glad to hear that the hockey scouts also noticed that Max skates as though he's much taller and bigger, because that was definitely the projection and presence he had on the ice as a figure skater.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Part 2 of the "Public Ice" podcast interview with Max and Brad Vigorito again lasts about thirty minutes, starting at approx. 14:10 at the link below.

ETA (on May 16):

Brad's site is among those offering Max's motivational classes online:

https://bvskating.com/index.php/dt_team/max-aaron/

https://bvskating.com/index.php/events/motivational-classes-4/

ETA (on May 19):

Max Aaron and Gracie Gold benefit for Blades for the Brave

We are reuniting old friends and team mates Olympian Gracie Gold and National Champion Max Aaron in a special evening event with profits to be donated to Blades for the Brave, World Figure Skaters Helping Frontline Health Workers.

This will be a fun evening where Max and Gracie will answer ALL your questions about skating, training, motivation, life and you can ask them anything.

CLASS FEE $15

DATE & TIME: MAY 22nd 5:30 pm

https://www.carouselsherwoodfsc.org/online-series

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Below is a heartwarming report from one of the seminars that Max continues to give:

This past weekend in Omaha [:)], he was a coach at another in-person Road To Gold seminar.

@MaxTAaron always made sure I understood what was going on. Right after he explained things to the group, he would skate over and explain it to me. He knew some other blind Paralympians from the Olympic Training Center.

Photos here:

Will mention for posterity that Max was a judge (participating remotely) for World Arena Ice Hall's in-house Aerial Challenge competition over the summer.

And he will be one of the celebrity judges for the national Virtual Aerial Challenge series that is coming up soon and will last for weeks.

ETA (on Nov 6):

For the Virtual Aerial Challenge (on ice and off ice), Max was a judge for: Pre-Preliminary Girls and Boys; Preliminary Girls and Boys; and Adults. Max's fellow judges: Frank Carroll, Kimmie Meissner, Gale Tanger, and Audrey Weisiger. In the "viewing party" video (published on Oct 16), the judges gave feedback comments to each entrant, as well as their scores. Great to hear from Max in this role:

The "viewing party" for Virtual Aerial Challenge (on ice and off ice) for Senior, Collegiate, and Backflip will be streamed on YouTube tonight (Nov 6) at 7:00 pm CT. (And it will be archived.)
Max and Richard will be among the judges (along with Kimmie Meissner, Frank Carroll, and Scott Hamilton [ETA: and Gale Tanger]).

The link for the stream:

(Note: The viewing party for "Elite International Athletes" is scheduled for Nov 20. "Senior" is a different category.)​

ETA (on Nov 6):

Brief mention of Max in a new article (Nov 2) by Brooklee Han, who interviewed other skaters, such as Polina Edmunds, about transitioning to retirement.

... What has helped Edmunds process these feelings is reaching out and talking to former teammates, including Max Aaron and Elliana Pogrebinsky. ...

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
*Tonight* Max will be on Instagram Live as a guest of uscollegiateskating (which is an official USFS account).

Tonight, April 1 at 9:30 p.m. ET.

The announcement (which also gives a brief Max bio) is here:

ETA (on Apr 3):

IGTV link for archived video of the Q and A with Max (approx 37 minutes long).

The interviewer was Courtney Bessell, who I think is a skater currently studying at UCCS.
IIRC, she mentioned that she also is one of the USFS ambassadors for collegiate skating.​

Max once again was a coach for a recent in-person Road To Gold training camp, this time in South Dakota.

Max is in some of the photos here:

I believe Max also is seen a bit in videos from the camp that are embedded at the link below. (He is wearing light-colored pants in the Instagram photos, and I feel sure that the guy wearing light-colored pants in the videos must be Max as well.)

Gracie is the focus of the article and videos. It's nice to catch a few glimpses of Max too.

Last edited: