Jason Brown | Page 717 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Love Jason's SP so much and wow that costume!!! That pop on the Axel was unfortunate, but it happens and considering that Jason has only been doing full programs for two weeks now, this was really amazing! Good luck for the Free Skate, Jason!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh lordy, the FS tomorrow...I haven't been watching the practice clips because I want to see it as it is in true fashion...gotta grab the tissues

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
So I only got 5 hours sleep last night because I ended up with a headache after the SP following an annoying argument with someone on reddit about why Jason deserves superior PCS (and should definitely be higher than Nathan Chen), and then woke up early for the rugby (which did not go well, boooo), so I'm making myself feel better by watching Jason's SP on loop. I can't get over it, he looks soooooo suave!! I am really enjoying this programme, I really didn't think he could beat Love is a B* tch, but damn here he is proving me wrong!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
and then woke up early for the rugby (which did not go well, boooo),

I have disconnected myself from the Wallabies long ago. If they have no pride in their jersey, I have no pride in them. So I saw the result coming a mile away and was not unhappy.

I can't stop watching Jason's SP, and with every rewatch I become more certain that the FS will kill me. It's so incredibly stunningly perfect.

babyskate

On the Ice
I just watched the video and as much as I loved it, watching him live is even more incredible.
He fills the arena, grabs everyone's attention with his skating skills and with all the nuances of the music he captures.
Forget about those spins!!! Magical. The flip and combination were so spectacular also.
I always feel so fortunate when I can see him live.
I ran into Rohene in the arena and was so happy to be able to tell him that I think he created another masterpiece for Jason. He was so sweet and looks even more handsome than I remember.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I have disconnected myself from the Wallabies long ago. If they have no pride in their jersey, I have no pride in them. So I saw the result coming a mile away and was not unhappy.

I can't stop watching Jason's SP, and with every rewatch I become more certain that the FS will kill me. It's so incredibly stunningly perfect.

I am just in favour of anyone who will beat England tbh!! :laugh:

I am literally in awe at his SP. I cannot comprehend how much his skating has improved since being at Toronto. He is a whole new man!

babyskate

On the Ice
I was on line at the coffee shop in the hotel and who was behind me but but Brian Orser!! Of course I had to tell him how much I loved Jason's skating and his program yesterday. He said that Jason is a skater's skater and that Schindler's List was going to be be even better. That was such an exciting interaction for me. Going to Hike in Red Canyon now to distract myself from the wait until this afternoon and to enjoy the beautiful scenary.

Ross74

Medalist
I was on line at the coffee shop in the hotel and who was behind me but but Brian Orser!! Of course I had to tell him how much I loved Jason's skating and his program yesterday. He said that Jason is a skater's skater and that Schindler's List was going to be be even better. That was such an exciting interaction for me. Going to Hike in Red Canyon now to distract myself from the wait until this afternoon and to enjoy the beautiful scenary.

:love: Thanks for reporting this! Enjoy your hike.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I just rewatched the SA SP. And I got chills -- literal chills --rewatching that step sequence. Orser is right: Jason is a skater's skater. If only he had been born 10 years earlier, even the most casual of skating fans would be ranking him as an All Time Great. But it's all QuadQuadQuad now. Meh I say. There's more to skating than quads. Haven't gotten a chill yet from watching one. So there. ;)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I have to say, having just rewatched the program, I’m just amazed at how polished and beautiful it already is. He has clearly been working really hard on it, and I can’t wait to see it with a little more time on it. I do wonder what is up with the 3A, because it looked like the pop was due to a last minute moment of doubt. Hoping that he can leave behind whatever it was today and give us a beautiful FS.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm so glad I looked up the results - and Jackie's tweet - before watching the program. Having my heart in my mouth tends to interfere a bit with my enjoyment - and I could get the GASP! at the 1A out of the way when reading the tweet, instead of having it mar my immersion in the program.

The music really isn't my style at all - but I loved this program nonetheless. What I liked most about the choreo is how smoothly it flowed and went with the music. As if Jason were illustrating the music with his skating. None of the transitions or moves stuck out as being there just to be there instead of naturally fitting there. If you see what I mean? I'm not sure I'm expressing myself as well as I'd like.

Well, be that is it may. Loved it, and cannot wait for the free. Well, cannot wait for AFTER the free.;)

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
i'm so glad i looked up the results - and jackie's tweet - before watching the program. Having my heart in my mouth tends to interfere a bit with my enjoyment - and i could get the gasp! At the 1a out of the way when reading the tweet, instead of having it mar my immersion in the program.

The music really isn't my style at all - but i loved this program nonetheless. What i liked most about the choreo is how smoothly it flowed and went with the music. as if jason were illustrating the music with his skating. None of the transitions or moves stuck out as being there just to be there instead of naturally fitting there. if you see what i mean? I'm not sure i'm expressing myself as well as i'd like.

Well, be that is it may. Loved it, and cannot wait for the free. Well, cannot wait for after the free.;)

yes!! This is exactly how i feel!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, maybe not Jason's smoothest practice, but on shallow note....

I had my doubts from the still photos about the midriff on that costume. Not after seeing it in action;) It could not emphasize Jason's lines better.

180 degrees from the bowling shirt:biggrin: