Jason Brown | Page 738 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Whatever happened to the costume, let's hope it wasn't left behind at the Zagreb hotel this time :laugh2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aaron Burr is hard working and ambitious man who gets passed by the dynamic Alexander Hamilton. You could argue it's an allegory Jason's career as a skater and I wonder if that's why he identified with that story. I think he did the best he could with Room Where it Happens -- but honestly that song alone doesn't fully explain Aaron Burr's story or character. If you had to just do a SP, I still don't know why they didn't go with Wait for It --which has a much more straightforward message and doesn't go inside baseball on government like Room Where it Happens.

I agree. It should have been the FS and it should have been Wait for It. It would have been lovely. Plus, the cut of Room Where It Happens was not great. Very choppy and messed with the story of the song.

Plus, imagine the power of it: the song drops to silence. Then "WAIT FOR IT!" as Jason hits the Russian split, before he does a perfect 3F-3T on "I am the one thing in life I can control!" Then another leap on "I am inimitable I am an original!". The choreography possibilities are endless. Oh welp now I made myself frustrated.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I agree. It should have been the FS and it should have been Wait for It. It would have been lovely. Plus, the cut of Room Where It Happens was not great. Very choppy and messed with the story of the song.

Plus, imagine the power of it: the song drops to silence. Then "WAIT FOR IT!" as Jason hits the Russian split, before he does a perfect 3F-3T on "I am the one thing in life I can control!" Then another leap on "I am inimitable I am an original!". The choreography possibilities are endless. Oh welp now I made myself frustrated.

Olympic Season! It could be a hit! Hope the trauma of US Nats 2018 hasn't ruined that for him. He skated that short very well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason's birthday is very soon, so I updated his OP. I added a lot of stuff, plus all the videos work.

Two questions: there was this in the OP:

Jason's Canned Heat ex (plus a bunch of other videos from The ICE 2016)!
http://020140201502016.mynikki.jp/archives/4911341.html
Password: 愛知県体育館

The link is OK, but I cut and pasted the psw, but it did not work. Does it work for anyone else?

Also, there is a Riverdance Storify link by Mrs. P that did not work.

Should it work, Mrs. P?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by golden411

BTW, in case you are not aware: an excellent timeline on Storify at the time had documented the initial days of the original Jason Riverdance video going viral. (It's from one of your/our favorite JB authorities :) [I'm not referring to myself].)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah that was a long time ago so the password prob doesn’t work anymore

And Storify went out of business a while ago so that’s why the link does work you might be able to way back machine it...

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Since it is now the 15th here:

Happy birthday, dear Jason! May 2020 be a wonderful year for you!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is now December 15 EST in North America, the time zone where Jason should be if he’s managed to come back from gallivanting around Paris. ;)

Happy Birthday, Jason! :dance3:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have just realised that is has now been nine years that I have been following Jason. Nine years since I followed the links to the name that kept coming up when I was watching videos of this new young star Joshua Farris, and was immediately enamoured of this tiny boy with the ponytail.

What an almost-decade it has been. Ups, and downs, and everything in between, and still his star burns brightly, still I smile every time I see reference to him, still I set alarms and take days off work and manage my schedule to watch him.

I wonder what the next decade has in store?

noskates

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Jason and may the next year be successful, filled with love and happiness, and good health. You've brought a lot of enjoyment to us and I wish nothing but the best for you.

Ross74

Medalist
Happy Birthday, Jason! May you have a day filled with carpool karaoke and Dad dancing! :dance: But most of all, Peace, Joy, and Love.

:love: you!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Adding my good wishes too.. Happy Birthday Jason!!!:luv17::dance3::gclap:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have just realised that is has now been nine years that I have been following Jason. Nine years since I followed the links to the name that kept coming up when I was watching videos of this new young star Joshua Farris, and was immediately enamoured of this tiny boy with the ponytail.

What an almost-decade it has been. Ups, and downs, and everything in between, and still his star burns brightly, still I smile every time I see reference to him, still I set alarms and take days off work and manage my schedule to watch him.

I wonder what the next decade has in store?

I'm a relative newbie, only 6 years for me. but it's been six years of knowing that Jason is alive, on the ice and being the super great person he is. I haven't fangirled since I was a teenager and that was a LONG time ago. But he gave me a new interest in skating and I wish him all the best. I set those alarms too! And one night when I didn't set the alarm, I woke up anyway at 3 AM and came down and turned on the stream and he was the next skater and I got to see him. It's been a really great ride and I'm so glad that it's not over yet!