Jason Brown | Page 714 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Just listented to Jason's interview on the podcast. I am glad that Jason is a little better now. Concussions are really dangerous. A friend of mine was in a car accident once and suffered a concussion and she was not healed for many months because her concussion was so serious despite it being a minor accident, so I was really worried about Jason. I am glad that Jason and his coaches took their time to let him heal and take it slow. It sounded really worrisome that he could not even spin without being sick a few weeks ago! My heart...

liv

Record Breaker
My concussion was a few years ago and I'm still suffering from symptoms now and again... it is not something to be rushed (I rushed, stupid me, even though I thought i was taking it slow). The view should be long term, not a quick fix. I want to see him again soon too. Really, nobody else in the world does what he does...

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just listened to the interview. The concussion was definitely much more of a problem than anyone anticipated, and it's clear that he will have to streamline his programs to work with just 2 weeks of full out training. If I understand him correctly, he said he hoped that his programs were at 80% by the end of the season, which would mean that he is not at 80% now. Exactly what that means remains to be seen, but he is committed to skating his best possible programs given where he is at now, and be happy with that. He says he's symptom free and I hope that he stays that way. It sounds like he's still very close to Zhenya and that they are still supporting each other. And that he's looking forward to both his GP outings and judging the success of the season by whatever progress he makes recovering from his unfortunate injury. And that he'll try to do a full run through of his programs in practice this week if he can. It was good to hear his upbeat outlook on life as it is now and he answered Jackie's questions fully. And no one brought up the quad, for which I was grateful. His brain health is so much more important than a quad. I'll be glued to the screen for his practices and the actual competition.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My internal screaming probably would deafen most people.

Just the descriptions...nausea while spinning...not knowing when the headaches would strike...all I could think was "oh god I've heard this all before."

I KNOW Jason isn't Josh and I KNOW the concussion protocol was in place but...

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My internal screaming probably would deafen most people.

Just the descriptions...nausea while spinning...not knowing when the headaches would strike...all I could think was "oh god I've heard this all before."

I KNOW Jason isn't Josh and I KNOW the concussion protocol was in place but...

It's scary, but Josh's experience has helped others to understand and handle concussions with care. Jason has a great support group, his parents, his coaches, his friends and his own good judgment. I am trusting that all will be ok, but this is a setback and he's facing it with positive energy and good sense. But yes, it's scary.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I just listened to the interview. The concussion was definitely much more of a problem than anyone anticipated, and it's clear that he will have to streamline his programs to work with just 2 weeks of full out training. If I understand him correctly, he said he hoped that his programs were at 80% by the end of the season, which would mean that he is not at 80% now. Exactly what that means remains to be seen, but he is committed to skating his best possible programs given where he is at now, and be happy with that. He says he's symptom free and I hope that he stays that way. It sounds like he's still very close to Zhenya and that they are still supporting each other. And that he's looking forward to both his GP outings and judging the success of the season by whatever progress he makes recovering from his unfortunate injury. And that he'll try to do a full run through of his programs in practice this week if he can. It was good to hear his upbeat outlook on life as it is now and he answered Jackie's questions fully. And no one brought up the quad, for which I was grateful. His brain health is so much more important than a quad. I'll be glued to the screen for his practices and the actual competition.

He’s not totally clear, but I think he actually said that at SA his programs will be about 80% of what he hopes they’ll be by the end of the season.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
He’s not totally clear, but I think he actually said that at SA his programs will be about 80% of what he hopes they’ll be by the end of the season.

Ok, that makes sense. I think that is what he said and meant and that makes me feel a lot better. I was planning to listen again tomorrow and try to clarify that. Jackie predicting 4th made little sense with my original interpretation. But with programs at 80% in that field of skaters, 4th does make sense. No falls, please. Thanks Tavi! I feel better now.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another part of the interview I found amusing and enlightening:

Jason was waiting for Jordan C.'s IG posts with just as bated breath as we were :laugh: Of course he had a better idea of what the program was supposed to look like ;)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Another part of the interview I found amusing and enlightening:

Jason was waiting for Jordan C.'s IG posts with just as bated breath as we were :laugh: Of course he had a better idea of what the program was supposed to look like ;)

He was so funny during that part! :)

Ross74

Medalist
In retrospect, those little video clips of Jason skating at Champs Camp that were posted by Starr..... I don't think I want to go back and look at them again.

Rohene posted yesterday that he was on his way to Vegas and would be watching Jason skate. :2thumbs:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yay Rohene!

Someone on FSU just posted that they went to the gym at the hotel and Jason came in and did a quick workout. :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The practice cam seems to be a single camera with a long view of the rink and hard to distinguish one skater from another. Hopefully we'll hear the practice music and be able to identify the skaters that way. Glad that Rohene will be there. I assume that both Brian and Tracy are with him also. What a lucky break to be in the workout room when Jason came in! Now to bring up Jackie's practice reports and see how today goes.

Ross74

Medalist
The practice cam seems to be a single camera with a long view of the rink and hard to distinguish one skater from another. Hopefully we'll hear the practice music and be able to identify the skaters that way. Glad that Rohene will be there. I assume that both Brian and Tracy are with him also. What a lucky break to be in the workout room when Jason came in! Now to bring up Jackie's practice reports and see how today goes.

Brian and Tracy are both there. There are some pics of them all at the airport yesterday at this link. They are mostly of Jun, but the first one includes Jason. https://www.instagram.com/p/B3tRAuLpWmu/

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Short fluff USFS interview on the bus in Las Vegas with Jason:

https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/1184891827222134785

I want to know who Brian and Tracy are talking to in back of Jason:biggrin:

No clue but he's a guy with glasses and a blue jacket and he gets off the bus right behind Jason. I watched the practice on my little laptop with a magnifier. I can always pick Jason out. I know his stance and his moves so well. Most of the jumps look good. He did go for the 4S twice in the corner, but fell both times. I think he tried it once earlier too, but not sure. Overall I think he looks good. He seemed a bit cautious on the spins, but they seem to be ok. He wasn't overdoing it.