Jason Brown | Page 712 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My sympathies on the passing of your father, @Katmari:pray:

From my point of view, Jason on the big screen will be an ideal way to honor him. And we will all be ugly crying at Schindler :sad4:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And one of my favorite photos of Jason.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3nDE8wHmF3/

Even if it's just a post to flog NBC Gold, it's also confirming his attendance:thumbsup:

Have we ever had a season where the first time we saw Jason skate was the GP? So nerve wracking:drama:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3nDE8wHmF3/

Even if it's just a post to flog NBC Gold, it's also confirming his attendance:thumbsup:

Have we ever had a season where the first time we saw Jason skate was the GP? So nerve wracking:drama:

Literally no.

2013 -Nebelhorn
2014 - Nebelhorn
2015- Ondrej Nepala
2016 - Lombardia/US Classic
2017 - Lombardia
2018- Autumn Classic.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Who got their tissues ready for Jason's Free Skate? :giveup: I will probably be sobbing the whole time #noregrets. Cannot wait to see Jason after the long off-season :drama:

Ross74

Medalist
:love: katmari. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you have a lot of reasons to watch Jason over and over this season.

There's a lot of buzz about SL but is anyone else excited about the SP? I have to keep reminding myself that there's a brand new SP to look forward to as well. I just had to look up the name of the song because I'd forgotten it. Oh yeah, Kaleo! :laugh:

You have to share, el henry, because this is currently my absolute favorite Jason photo! ;)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:love: katmari. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you have a lot of reasons to watch Jason over and over this season.

There's a lot of buzz about SL but is anyone else excited about the SP? I have to keep reminding myself that there's a brand new SP to look forward to as well. I just had to look up the name of the song because I'd forgotten it. Oh yeah, Kaleo! :laugh:

You have to share, el henry, because this is currently my absolute favorite Jason photo! ;)

I'm excited to see both new programs in competition, he skated at SV this summer and I caught some of his SP. I hope he has a great and healthy season! :rock:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

We have seen parts of a show version of the SP from his performance at Sun Valley (It's the first 4 clips):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0d9koMncb5/

The instagram post reminds me that his second number at Sun Valley was to Greased Lightning. I wonder if that was a one off or if we'll be seeing him perform it at the Gala.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I forgot about Greased Lightning, even dedicated fans don’t remember it all:shocked:

It seems like he’s had Can’t Stop the Feeling forever, so my guess is a new exhibition?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I just have one thing to say - with 2 programs like this, skated like Jason does, it will be a serious crime if he was to be excluded from GPF. :luv17:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those steps:love:

Those splits :love::love:

Anyone who says that this kind of skating, these steps, these moves, are not the equivalent, heck, do not require *more* athletic skill than revolutions in the air
:dev2:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
When the music crested it took my breath away. What a program! I cannot wait to see it in full with that glorious step sequence. I wish more skaters used this kind of music.

I nearly cried when he hit some of the beats of the music :love:

I cannot WAIT for Skate America, I've told all my friends I'm busy all weekend so I can devote myself to watching everything Jason!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That program is going to be fantastic. Jason is amazing! Hoping for two clean skates and a joyful, healthy Jason this weekend!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Those steps:love:

Those splits :love::love:

Anyone who says that this kind of skating, these steps, these moves, are not the equivalent, heck, do not require *more* athletic skill than revolutions in the air
:dev2:

Jason is living proof that skating is more than jumps and more than skating around between jumps. Jason is both artist and athlete and great at both. I'd like to see some of the quad kings attempt what Jason does! It might be interesting.

Watch

Final Flight
God, he's great! Both of his programs this year are going to be so good and I couldn't be more excited!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Cannot think of anything else to add to the eloquent posts here that express what I feel exactly except to say a huge thank you to Lunaloveskating for the view of Jason's short... such a gift!! He is magnificent!!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So Jackie Wong just did his predictions and is placing Jason fourth - so glad he’s not jinxing him with predictions of silver! :)

https://www.rockerskating.com/news/2019/10/15/2019-skate-america-preview-men-chen-leads-the-way

Here’s part of what he says about Jason:

On his way to Champs Camp over the summer, he was in a car accident that gave him a concussion that he has been dealing with since and had to pull out of Nebelhorn Trophy during the recovery. He’s not planning on putting out 100% of his technical content this week.​

I guess we’ll know more tomorrow after the interview goes up, but I’m really hoping that what he’s still dealing with is more in the nature of having to play catch up rather than ongoing symptoms.:pray:

ETA practice groups (for practices prior to SP draw) are up. All the US guys are skating in group 2. Jason skates 4/6, with Nathan and Alexei following.

http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpusa2019_PracticeGroupsAndMusicRotation.pdf