Jason Brown | Page 703 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just buy stock in Kleenex now:sad21:

Spirals. Ina Bauers. DW, if this is as good as the clips look all is forgiven:pray:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Is it my imagination or is Jason skating with more power in his strokes?

Do you mean since last season? Maybe, but I don’t think we can tell from these clips - I’m pretty sure when the camera follows you, it makes you look faster, and the close up sound of the ice probably influences our perception of his power.

But since he moved to TCC? Yes for sure.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's beautiful. I am really excited about this. Is that jump a Salchow? I am not good at identifying jumps, but it looked like the landing was back outside edge. I couldn't catch the takeoff. But this program looks like Jason! Looking forward to seeing it at Nebelhorn.

Impromptu

On the Ice
I'm excited about this one. It's the first long program in a couple of years that he seems really into. The jump in part 2. Is that a Salchow? I can't easily identify jumps, but it looked like landed on his back outside edge. I couldn't see the takeoff well enough.

All jumps land on a BOE. Pretty sure that's a flip (inside edge take off, pick and land on same foot) - although I was a clockwise skater, so I always have to stop and think about it when it's a CCW skater (if it's a CW skater, I can just repeat the movements on the floor to comfirm).

Watch

Final Flight
I'm absolutely mesmerised by the previews. Jason's skating skills are beyond amazing - have always been, but I swear he keeps imrpoving somehow. And the depth of emotions he can convey with it leave me speechless. I knew I was going to love this program when he announced the music, but this looks even better than expected.

Ross74

Medalist
Thanks! It was a flip! I am so bad at identifying jumps. I got the axel, but the rest defeat me.

I'm bad at it too, but I just watched the video on jumps identification linked in this new GS thread, and it helps! https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...mps-in-figure-skating-video-guide-for-newbies

Random observation for nerds like me: it’s a bit hard to tell from the SL clip, but I think Jason may possibly be back in Jackson boots. :)
I thought I was seeing this, too. Tavi, are you still seeing Jacksons in the video posted today?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I'm bad at it too, but I just watched the video on jumps identification linked in this new GS thread, and it helps! https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...mps-in-figure-skating-video-guide-for-newbies

I thought I was seeing this, too. Tavi, are you still seeing Jacksons in the video posted today?

First, I agree it’s a flip. He picked with his right and took off from a left inside edge. It’s maybe not the best one we’ve ever seen from him, but I’m guessing he’s not quite used to the placement after the Ina Bauer. Or maybe it was just the day.

Second, yeah I’m almost 100% sure he’s back in Jackson’s. You can see the gold logo on the back of the heel (Edea logo is on the outside of each heel), the heel shape is different, and the boots don’t have the little insets that Edea does.

Third, I’m also curious about the layout. I would love to see a 3A-Euler-3F. Or something like that. :)

ETA Doris, I hope not! That long vest would totally obscure his lines and in fact reminds me of his first Prince costume.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

When they slow it down, I can see them, but at competition speed, I can't. I've been trying for years. It's probably easier if you've skated and done them, but I never have. I keep trying, though. So far to no avail.

noskates

Record Breaker
Given the solemnity and the subject matter of that music I think Jason should wear an ash or charcoal color, plain shirt and pants. No color anywhere.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! :jaw: Love the way he presses down into the ice. How does he do that!? And that incredible flexibility. Sheesh! We need Clip #3 ASAP! :luv17:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Amazing and emotional, says I through tears!! Like everyone else I cannot wait to see the performance.. The Piano seems now to have served as preparation for this exquisite piece... so so happy Jason devoted at least one season to lyricism ..

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yup. Definitely, definitely going to cry watching this.

noskates

Record Breaker
Good morning. Been meaning to say something. I am unable to "thumbs up" anyone's posts and I continually get logged out and have to login again. This has been going on for some time. I've contacted support and they were extremely unhelpful. I've tried just about everything and nothing works. So - just know that I agree and applaud about 98% of what is posted in this thread.

Imov

Medalist
Jason's skating moves emotions of everyone watching.
I think he will be bigger and better this year.
TCC has this give it 2 years to see best results and we are nearing that mark.
I know Jason will impress us all.