Jason Brown | Page 741 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ross74

Medalist
Just curious: what makes you think it was from last weekend? Are there pictures of him elsewhere more recently?

The poster's comments said the post was "a little late", so I assumed it was from last weekend.

Btw the pics from Willowbrook all seem to have been posted by coaches. Does this mean it could have been during a time when there weren't any student sessions?

And sorry about the Ravens, @Ross74:sad21
Thanks, el henry. That wasn't pretty. :sad46:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really liked this IG post of Jason and Vincent Zhou at a rink in Toronto:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ZlZkkpotE/

I don't know if it's TCC or if Jason was training elsewhere, but I'm presuming it's recent, since Vincent announced training in Canada fairly recently. And evidently, according to Google translate of the post, they have the same car?:scratch2:

Zenchio63

Final Flight

I don't know if it's TCC or if Jason was training elsewhere, but I'm presuming it's recent, since Vincent announced training in Canada fairly recently. And evidently, according to Google translate of the post, they have the same car?:scratch2:

Hi, el. Just saw the pic myself and dropped by here to see if any Jason fan knows. I am in touch with Vincent’s Japanese fan accounts and will try to find out where the pic was taken. They are usually pretty good at sharing info with me. I am not sure if the other car belongs to Jason? Does he have a Colorado Springs license plate? Maybe the person who took the pic (most likely Vincent’s mom) found another Honda CRV also from Colorado Springs in the parking lot & thought it was interesting. She shares pics with the fan club accounts. Anyways, wishing both Jason and Vincent and all the US guys all the best at Nationals!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Granite Club, where Vince is training with Lee Barkell and Cricket Club are located within a half hour drive of each other. The skaters also do use other rinks for practice. Jason has spent a bit of time at a rink named for a bank, as I recall. Vince and Jason could be at any of them. Lee would have been with Gabbi and others at Canadian Nats this weekend, so Vince may have booked coaching time elsewhere while Lee was busy. Brian and Tracy were both at Canadian Nats this weekend as well, so Jason was probably in the same situation. Not surprising that they connected. The side by side Hondas are funny. They have to maintain residency in the US to be able to train in Canada, and the last place they each lived was Colorado Springs. I can't identify the license plates, but someone inferred that they were Colorado.

My schedule is cleared for the weekend and many hours of watching Nationals. At least it's in our time zone el henry!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Hi, el. Just saw the pic myself and dropped by here to see if any Jason fan knows. I am in touch with Vincent’s Japanese fan accounts and will try to find out where the pic was taken. They are usually pretty good at sharing info with me. I am not sure if the other car belongs to Jason? Does he have a Colorado Springs license plate? Maybe the person who took the pic (most likely Vincent’s mom) found another Honda CRV also from Colorado Springs in the parking lot & thought it was interesting. She shares pics with the fan club accounts. Anyways, wishing both Jason and Vincent and all the US guys all the best at Nationals!

The blue Honda on the right is Jason’s. You can see it in his moving to Toronto YouTube video.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thank you @Zenchio for the information (very nice that Vincent's mom shares with his fan club), I think both Vincent and Jason look particularly good in this photo. And I guess Honda is the car of choice for US men training in Canada;)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Wow. Last year in the month before nationals there were about 10 pages of posts. This year? Two pages. Jason’s not giving us much to talk about these days.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I have also been painfully aware of Jason being quite tight lipped (again!!) these days leading up to the Nationals. I am trying to pump up myself, seeing the surprise upset victory of Roman Sadovsky yesterday, try to will this miraculous Schindler vibe to carry on into the US Nationals and smile on Jason :luv17::hap10:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This has just been such a weird season so far. I think more than anything I’d love to see him do a clean, confident, short program - one as compelling as last year’s in France. Every time I’ve watched the SA SP, I’m immediately drawn in, it seems magical - and then I’m jarred by that popped 3A.

If he’s keeping the most recent FS layout, it would be great if it’s more magical and cohesive and closer to what we saw performance-wise in the on-ice perspectives clips.

I’m not gonna wish anything about quads or scoring. I will wish for a lovely high quality free stream for @karne, though. :)

noskates

Record Breaker
My wish for Jason is to skate clean and to be happy with his skate. The rest is out of his hands. Anything can happen to anyone out there -the ice is slippery. But for all he's put into this I hope whatever he gets back is sufficient to make it all worthwhile. Selfishly - I want to see him with a medal around his neck!!! :pray:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I hope to see him focused. calm, determined, and skate two solid, clean programs. I hope he skates the layout that best shows his skills and his artistry. And I want to see him make World's. I know he wants that. I'll be watching live, nervous but excited. I like his programs this year. I hope he has fun skating them well!

Ross74

Medalist
I hope to see him focused. calm, determined, and skate two solid, clean programs. I hope he skates the layout that best shows his skills and his artistry. And I want to see him make World's. I know he wants that. I'll be watching live, nervous but excited. I like his programs this year. I hope he has fun skating them well!

Sounds good to me! I'm excited to see how Jason looks on the ice after 6 weeks but unlike you, I'm too nervy to watch live.

I'm psyched that the Nats schedule matches my schedule this week and I can watch almost everything without conflicting with RL. So excited to be able to get up in the morning and start watching Juniors with coffee in hand. Especially looking forward to seeing my DelMarVa skaters, boys and girls. I'm seriously considering going to bed 3 hours earlier than usual so morning will come sooner. :laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Sounds good to me! I'm excited to see how Jason looks on the ice after 6 weeks but unlike you, I'm too nervy to watch live.

I'm psyched that the Nats schedule matches my schedule this week and I can watch almost everything without conflicting with RL. So excited to be able to get up in the morning and start watching Juniors with coffee in hand. Especially looking forward to seeing my DelMarVa skaters, boys and girls. I'm seriously considering going to bed 3 hours earlier than usual so morning will come sooner. :laugh:

Like Santa!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I do occasionally worry that I jinx him by watching live, but I've watched him skate fantastically, live, in person and on the screen, as well as a few disastrous skates so I don't think it's me! He skated that short in France live and on my birthday and I was there when he "landed" (yes he did!) that quad at SKAM 2016. And other great skates. So hoping I can send good energy his way for this year's Nationals. I made sure not to schedule anything later this week, so should be able to watch as much of Nationals as I choose if all goes according to plan. It helps that we're in the same time zone.

Does anyone know if there is a teleconference with Jason? I did hear one with Nathan. He's recovering from the flu.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
US figure skating has published the telecoms for last year’s champions but not for anyone else that I’ve found. Which is either short sighted or means they expect all of the 2019 champions to repeat.

For me it’s a bit hard not to wonder what’s up with Jason when he’s this invisible. It’s not just the fact he’s not posting - there are no articles or interviews.