Final Flight
Country
United-States

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It’s also the year he transitioned to senior, and the start of the 2013-2014 pre Olympic season. So here are Jason’s SP and FS from 2013 Nats. He’s skating senior domestically here, but his next comp was junior Worlds. If I recall, these are a tough watch, but never fear, there are better things to come!

If we’ve already seen these, I apologize and let me know!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-aGXKJXwbI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddz6KpcPV-Q

Just to clarify, these are 2013 Nationals, which is part of the 2012-2013 season, and Jason was internationally still a Junior. After this event, he was chosen to go to JWC with Josh and Shotaro. Jason wouldn't make his international debut as a Senior until several months later.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Just to clarify, these are 2013 Nationals, which is part of the 2012-2013 season, and Jason was internationally still a Junior. After this event, he was chosen to go to JWC with Josh and Shotaro. Jason wouldn't make his international debut as a Senior until several months later.

Yes, I know. But I was just going chronologically. In any case, since interest seems to have died out, I’m just going to leave our retrospective here for awhile. If there’s interest later, we can revive it.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, I know. But I was just going chronologically. In any case, since interest seems to have died out, I’m just going to leave our retrospective here for awhile. If there’s interest later, we can revive it.

I don't think interest has died out. There's just a lot going on as people are coping with the day to day details of life in this uncharted world we're living in. Someone did post the Nationals SP of 2013, but not sure if the FP was at Nats or an earlier comp. I personally would like to see as many of the 2013/2014 videos that are out there. I've only seen Nationals 2014. I hadn't realized that 2014 Nats was his 1st full season as a senior. The guys seem to debut so much younger now. So at 19, I thought he'd been around for at least one earlier season on the senior circuit. That Nats 2014 silver medal and being named to the Olympic team was really not expected. No wonder he was so surprised! It puts it in a whole different perspective for me.

Hope everyone is well. I am plotting my next shopping trip as numbers continue to climb here. Scary business!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hadn't realized that 2014 Nats was his 1st full season as a senior. The guys seem to debut so much younger now. So at 19, I thought he'd been around for at least one earlier season on the senior circuit. That Nats 2014 silver medal and being named to the Olympic team was really not expected. No wonder he was so surprised! It puts it in a whole different perspective for me.

It wasn't the original plan. Joshua and Jason were both expected to turn Senior for 2012-2013 and it was quite a shock when neither turned up on the GP assignments. Joshua at least indicated that Senior had been the plan. USFS had interfered and they both stayed Juniors. USFS actually wanted Jason to stay Junior for 2013-2014 too, with the plan that Jason would then win Junior Worlds and go up to Senior for 2014-2015 as the JWC.

I mean, this is also the same USFS who wanted Jason to change his free skate from Riverdance...so...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interest has not died out, but I am way too lazy to look up the skates in chonological order and post them:laugh: I think we had comments on Prince 1.0 and the LP. Does that mean we are at 2013-14 already:eeking:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Interest has not died out, but I am way too lazy to look up the skates in chonological order and post them:laugh: I think we had comments on Prince 1.0 and the LP. Does that mean we are at 2013-14 already:eeking:

I think so. I'm not sure we saw Nats of both Price and the LP earlier but we saw them in Juniors. There didn't seem to be a significant difference in those programs that season from Junior comps to Nats. . I want to see all the comps he did in 2013-2014. I hope they are out there.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It wasn't the original plan. Joshua and Jason were both expected to turn Senior for 2012-2013 and it was quite a shock when neither turned up on the GP assignments. Joshua at least indicated that Senior had been the plan. USFS had interfered and they both stayed Juniors. USFS actually wanted Jason to stay Junior for 2013-2014 too, with the plan that Jason would then win Junior Worlds and go up to Senior for 2014-2015 as the JWC.

I mean, this is also the same USFS who wanted Jason to change his free skate from Riverdance...so...

That was really unfortunate. Josh really missed out as it turned out. And it probably delayed Jason's development as well. Not good! Thanks for that background info.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I don't think interest has died out. There just hasn't been anything to comment on for a few days. Here's Jason's 4CC's long program to Tristan and Isolde in 2015. Can't remember if this has been posted yet. Not a big fan of the costume but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYGdEPvDY0Q

I don't think interest has died out (mine definitely hasn't - I'm really enjoying this retrospective).

I enjoyed this skate by Jason - lots of detail and a different style for him, I think.

Another iffy costume choice, though - he looks like he could have been an extra in the 1980s cult British show "Robin of Sherwood" https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/robin-of-sherwood-tvs-best-interpretation-of-the-robin-hood-legend/

(Did other countries ever broadcast this show?)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't think interest has died out. There just hasn't been anything to comment on for a few days. Here's Jason's 4CC's long program to Tristan and Isolde in 2015. Can't remember if this has been posted yet. Not a big fan of the costume but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYGdEPvDY0Q

So I actually really liked Tristan as a program. I thought it was gorgeous, it gave him a character to play which he did very well, the choreography was nice, and he skated it pretty well.

It was just...that darned dollar-store costume. And I think that was where a lot of people tripped up on this program and why it doesn't get discussed often like a lot of his programs despite being the one he won the National title with. People just couldn't see past the costume to appreciate the program itself.

Once you compare it with the Worlds performance, look at the difference! The costume is so much better and suddenly you can focus on the beauty of his skating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZUmOG1Mnc

EDIT:

I was digging around the thread looking for something else and I came across this. The last time these three were photographed together, and one of my all-time favourites.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another Jason workout: who needs ice. Just jump rope in skates:laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-k3ootnE1s/. :biggrin:
At least his last workout would have been relatively safe. This one I would break every bone in my ankles and wrists.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Another Jason workout: who needs ice. Just jump rope in skates:laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-k3ootnE1s/:biggrin:

At least his last workout would have been relatively safe. This one I would break every bone in my ankles and wrists.

Has it been taken down? :sad21: I just get 'Page Not Found' and I so want to see this...

I feel the same about exercise as the old saw about hard work, I love it, I could watch it for ages....

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
So I actually really liked Tristan as a program. I thought it was gorgeous, it gave him a character to play which he did very well, the choreography was nice, and he skated it pretty well.

It was just...that darned dollar-store costume. And I think that was where a lot of people tripped up on this program and why it doesn't get discussed often like a lot of his programs despite being the one he won the National title with. People just couldn't see past the costume to appreciate the program itself.

Once you compare it with the Worlds performance, look at the difference! The costume is so much better and suddenly you can focus on the beauty of his skating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZUmOG1Mnc

EDIT:

I was digging around the thread looking for something else and I came across this. The last time these three were photographed together, and one of my all-time favourites.

Yes what a difference indeed - the costume is so much better - and the skating - wow!

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

EDIT:

But so sad to remember Denis Ten at the end of the video.

noskates

Record Breaker
Just since it's so blastedly quiet in skating land right now, I thought I would make an attempt at listing Jason's competitive music starting in 2009. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (and I know some of you will jump at that chance)

2009-2010
SP - Hey Pachuco
LP - Pas de Deux from Nutcracker
2010-2011
SP - Baliwood
LP - Nessun Dorma - Turandot
2011-2012
SP - Grand Guignol
LP - Flow Like Water
2012-2013
SP - Question of U
LP - Libestraume
2013-2014
SP - Question of U (not sure about this)
LP - Reel Around the Sun
2014- 2015
SP- Juke
LP - Tristan and Iseult
2015-2016
SP - Appassionata and - Love is Blindness
LP - Scent of Love
2016-2017
SP - Appassionata and Writings on the Wall
LP - Scent of Love
2017-2018
SP - Room Where It Happens
LP - Inner Love (?)
2018-2019
SP - Love is a B****
LP - Simon & Garfunkle medley
2019-2020
SP - I Cant' Go on Without You
LP - Schindler's List

I don't remember ever seeing Appassionata. Anybody else?