Jason Brown | Page 791 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Impromptu

On the Ice
Reading Jason's words always makes me feel better too. And when I saw the headline included the word "optimistic" I thought, "Of course... it's Jason."

Ross74

Medalist
TWO new short programs? Anyone else a bit scared by the idea of a challenging Rohene short? Maybe the easier one for this season if there is anyplace to skate it, and the challenging one for the Olympic year, with more time to adjust to it?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason's total radio silence over the past week or so made me wonder if he had gotten across. Glad to hear that he did. It's all about the documentation. I think it will be harder to get over the border now with cases spiking all across the country. I was excited when I saw that article this morning!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
TWO new short programs? Anyone else a bit scared by the idea of a challenging Rohene short? Maybe the easier one for this season if there is anyplace to skate it, and the challenging one for the Olympic year, with more time to adjust to it?

I think Tracy and Brian and Jason will make good decisions on those.

It occurred to me that Jason is now cut off completely from his family. He doesn't dare to come back and they can't get across. I'm glad that they had that extended time together. And interested to hear that Jordan is working for the Cubbies! That's great!

noskates

Record Breaker
Love that interview - thanks Katmari for posting it. Two SPs doesn't bother me because he'll probably use the short one if we have an abbreviated season and work on the long one if there's no season at all. Actually I think that's a very reasonable plan. Unlike some others, I don't want Jason to skate Schindler's List again. For me the awe and inspiration just wouldn't be there like it was this year when it was new. Except for landing a successfu quad, how could he improve on his performance? It was very nearly perfect! For me! Emphasize FOR ME so no one needs to come back and enumerate what little teensy flaws there might have been. I do think David Wilson is going to be uber-challanged, however, to find something that will stand up to or best SL. Come to think of it - make an exhibition program where just his beautiful skating is on display and the difficulty goes by the wayside. (just a thought)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And now we have the helpful hint to cross the border at Buffalo;)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And now we have the helpful hint to cross the border at Buffalo;)

My daughter lived in Buffalo for 6 years. She would go over on her bike to buy shampoo at Target and come back. And clearly, Skate Canada and Skate Ontario were influential. I'm glad he made it. It's time for him to get back on the ice.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason was named the winner of the 2020 Gustave Lussi award by the Professional Skaters Association:

https://issuu.com/professionalskatersassociation/docs/julyaug20_final/30

(H/T to Ice Coverage for posting in the Alexa and Chris FF, as Chris was one of the nominees). I believe this award is for the (male) skater who best reflects the values of the organization? A quick Google search was not helpful:sad21: And I am almost positive this is the second time Jason has won.

And I :love: the meme of how Jason crossed the border:)

noskates

Record Breaker
OMG Doris, I had forgotten about the Teletubbies. Of course - that's just what that looked like!!!

Ross74

Medalist
Jason was named the winner of the 2020 Gustave Lussi award by the Professional Skaters Association:

https://issuu.com/professionalskatersassociation/docs/julyaug20_final/30

(H/T to Ice Coverage for posting in the Alexa and Chris FF, as Chris was one of the nominees). I believe this award is for the (male) skater who best reflects the values of the organization? A quick Google search was not helpful:sad21: And I am almost positive this is the second time Jason has won.

And I :love: the meme of how Jason crossed the border:)
Congrats to Jason! Yes, he also won in 2015 and appears to be the fourth skater to have won the award twice, the others being Scott Hamilton, Kurt Browning, and Charlie White.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
GUSTAVE LUSSI AWARD
Presented to a male, professional skater or coach who has brought recognition to the sport in a positive and favorable manner. Jason is the winner for 2020 as already noted.

2019 Nathan Chen
2018 Adam Rippon
2017 Charlie White
2016 Ben Agosto
2015 Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Apparently the PSA awards are nominated by the Directors for voting, but the Sonja Henie award and the Gustav Lussi awards are decided by the directors. Gracie Gold won the Sonja Henie award this year. Winners of these awards are quite the Who's Who! I remembered Jason winning it before. It's certainly well deserved!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I never thought I could love Jason more than I already did, but over the past couple of months he has proven to have become such an incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, wonderful young man that I am so proud of. :love:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The flagpole spiral! Since he is still in quarantine, it must be from last year.

Lots of idiots in my neighborhood setting off fireworks, I'd rather be isolating in Canada:laugh:

We had them also, last night. A friend in the Bronx said one of the fireworks in her neighborhood set a trash can on fire and nearly took out a car. She had to call 911.